North Cyprus Tourist Board - [CORENDON-2] Weekly flights Amsterdam <-> Ercan start May 16th
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > [CORENDON-2] Weekly flights Amsterdam <-> Ercan start May 16th

[CORENDON-2] Weekly flights Amsterdam <-> Ercan start May 16th

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/03/2010 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Follow-up of this thread: [CORENDON] "Direct" flights the Netherlands <-> "Noordelijk Cyprus" ( http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/32613.asp )

=> Owner Atilay Üslu of Holland based Turkish carrier Corendon, who speaks perfect Dutch, called me on the phone and informed me as follows: " We'll arrive shortly in "Noordelijk Cyprus" (Northern Cyprus) with 40 travel journalists and people from the Dutch tourism business. We'll show them the country in a stay of a couple of days. Our first flight will be on Monday 16th and from then on we'll have weekly flights." (A brochure with all details was sent to me today - as soon as it arrives I'll publish prices etc here).

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
23/03/2010 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Hans, just reading your other thread - why don't other Airlines start 'direct' flights to TRNC with a one-minute stop (touch-down only) in Antalya?

Brinsley

Message Posted:
23/03/2010 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hans, make sure the contingent only speak to you and then they will depart with glowing reports!

Richard

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/03/2010 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Bill, Corendon is a Turkish carrier and is going to do - more or less - what Turkish Airlines, Cyprus Turkish Airlines, AtlasJet and Pegasus (and maybe Onur later?) are doing. As far as I understand they are looking for loopholes in international law, but I'm not sure about all details. Nor do I want to know... Four hours Ercan <-> Amsterdam (knowing their very competitive prices) would make me applaud Corendon!

There are about 5.000.000 Turkish people in Germany and about 500.000 Turks in Holland - a nice back-up of a tourist market which has to be built. Contrary to the UK Holland and Germany have no historical ties with (Northern) Cyprus so not many people have a clue about the beauty and holiday possibilities of TRNC.

I wonder about the reaction of the RoC - the first reaction may be a threat to boycott holiday fairs in Holland.

andy-f

Message Posted:
23/03/2010 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

dutch , let roc go to hell .

another airline who can see the benefits long term of going to the trnc , as long as northern cyprus stays out the dreaded euro corendon wont be the last to start a service into ercan .

andy

Checkmate

Message Posted:
23/03/2010 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks Hans,

I am mainly based in Nijmegan, I usaully fly with Pegasus from Schipol, another airline giving competion can only be a good thing. I am regular traveler from Netherlands to Ercan. I look forward to more details.

Corbo

Message Posted:
24/03/2010 06:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Good news for me as Norwich to Amsterdam flights are quick and easy, hence this may be a good future route from Norwich to TRNC, cutting out the London airports. Also a few days in Amsterdam on route would be fun.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.