North Cyprus Tourist Board - How can I get my money back from Kibrish Turkish Airlines?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How can I get my money back from Kibrish Turkish Airlines?

How can I get my money back from Kibrish Turkish Airlines?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

joana

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I bought online a flight Ercan to Kaysery. The departure is tomorrow, 1st of April. I wanted to come back in 4th. Yesterday, they called me and told me that the flight on 4th was canceled and next one is in 5th. For me was ok, but today they call me and the flight was canceled again and the next one is on 7th!!!!!

I have to be to work in 6th... so I have to cancel all my plans. uff.... I just want my money back. They don't answered the phone. What to do?

Brinsley

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

You'll have to front up at one of their offices. I always go through a travel agent as it puts the onus on them to sort it. What is an enigma to me is on certain tickets they are non refundable/non changeable yet the airline can ride rough shot over their contracted commitments!

Richard

wanderer

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

ioana

Go into their offices in Lefkosa on the right on the Girni road out of Lefkosa they have made the changes and should refund you no question but do it before you are due to take off take your card with you that you used and print off the booking forms to take with you

Earlybird

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Try Ender at CTA's offices in London. I had real problems with online tickets with CTA, being charged adult fares for kids etc.After much wasted time and many calls to various departments, this gentleman sorted it all out straight away. +442079308931 - this is his private line and he was the only one who actually did something. I hope he is still there and can help you.

Earlybird

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 15:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

I put the number on and for some reason it did not come out on the post. I will try again.

0044 207 930 8931

Brinsley

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Poor Ender, he'll now either change his number or his job as the dear chap will not cope with the barrage of complaints & problems heading his way!

Richard

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

This happened to me last year - I was flying out from Manchester to Ercan and they cancelled the flight because of industrial action by the pilots. I rebooked with Turkish Air and got on to KTHY for a refund.

Send an email to onlinehelp@kthy.aero detailing your cancelled flight - ref no etc - You may need to keep re sending it a few times (I ended up marking it URGENT) eventually after a week or so they paid money back to my credit card. Good Luck!

Maggie

flightholiday

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Many tickets are sold non refundable not exchangeable. Richard is right the best way may well be to go to their office - try Girne which is opposite the Ataturk memorial near the Dome.

KTHY can take their time as they have to go through their procedures (We asked for a refund and that took over 8 weeks it is just a small section and a lot of work flow).

If you want we might be able to get you to Kayseri on the dates you want email us off board.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

I have just picked up on messages 4 & 5 about Ender.

His regular job is only Travel Agent & GSA accounts (I think sometimes he gets involved with management accounting at the end of year too).

If the query is web based normally his hands would be tied and he could do nothing. You should go through the web / email link mentioned on the site (and Maggie Msg 7). You could also try through the CTA offices in North Cyprus, Turkey and the UK. As far as I know we is not on the retail side at all.

You were very, very lucky that Ender found the time to be able to assist you and had the facility to do what you needed (probably through Cyprus anyway).

joana

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Thank you so much! Finaly I got an answer from the lady. She told me that they will put the money on the bank account. I asked also for an email confirmation to be sure that they will do this, but I didn't got any.

Where exactly is their office in Lefkosa? Should I take a taxi? (I'm in south side)

flightholiday

Message Posted:
31/03/2010 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Joana,

A lot of their systems are down today so do not expect an email. Check your bank in a few days (possibly 5/8 working days) and then if you have no refund think about going North. I would say that CTA head office is about or less than a Km from the border (as the crow flies).

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.