North Cyprus Tourist Board - Football: hicks and gillett to sell liverpool
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Football: hicks and gillett to sell liverpool

Football: hicks and gillett to sell liverpool

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

andy-f

Message Posted:
10/04/2010 23:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

been on sky news that the hated owners of the bin dippers have asked barclays in london to find a buyer , asking price is £600 million .The RBS want £100 million back on july 1 and they had been trying to bring in investors to cover this payment but to no avail, any would be buyer will also have to find £500 million to build the new stadium they crave to compete with the big boys .

andy

Ste65

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 02:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Hello.

The "bin dippers" as you so monotonously describe Liverpool may actually win something this season.

I noticed you went very quiet when you beloved Man United got knocked out of the CL.

Liverpool are not having a good phase in the clubs history at the moment. But united are also financially in very bad shape.

I remember going to watch Liverpool in the 1970s and was astonished that some of your fans were actually still wearing clogs. So shall we all start calling you Chorlton and the wheelies??

Change the record mate. It's boring.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 08:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

bin dippers is a phrase also used by my 3 scouse mates ,they see it as a joke term.

your quote above "But united are also financially in very bad shape" is paper talk ,and how glazers financed the club .This is how some people do it and get the business to service the loan .

top and bottom is united were to be sold tomorrow it would command a price in excess of 1billion £s.

all in the talk of the quatar royal family offering 1.2 billion £s to promote footy in east ,and to compete with their neighbours in abu dabi is closer to the valuation .

said all that glazers dont want to sell,mainly because they do compete in world terms as a large brand .

unlike the bin dippers who have sadly lost their way slightly ,but still a big brand from 1970.

if only they could get all the old league one title days onto off betamax and onto dvd it would bring them some revenue .

kav

L.U.H.G

Ste65

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Yes your era is now and our era was then. But times change. Once fergie retires unless he is replaced by another genius manager then things will go downhill.

I respect fergie he is a great manager. So was Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley.

Fergie will be gone soon then well see how great you are without him.

Maybe your era is coming to a close and then all will have is memories. Just think all your old DVDs will be able to be put on Blue Ray.

Ste65

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 11:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

And did you miss the Bayern Munich game mate??

You got knocked out!!!!! You are not that good. Certainly not kings of Europe.

Enjoy the ride while you can. The winds of change will blow again soon.

donga

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Ste65

you will find that Andy f mainly posts about Liverpool & yet he claims to be a ManU fan. Probably wont here from him again now uniteds season is over. PMSL

He's probably eating some more humble pie as we speak..........................

Luckily the great United have to carling cup.

Aint it great...........................

Ste65

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Yeh it's good to see united winning nothing. But I would rather see a well organised club and a good manager who goes for the win every single game. That was the Liverpool ethos always. I'll be glad to see Rafa gone asap. Plus the yanks. Plus a good 60% of the squad and the backroom staff.

In short a total overhaul. I happen to know somebody who has worked at LFC for 30 years!!!! He has told me that the current setup is a Fu**in shambles. He also said the club has been run very badly since 1991 when David Moores took charge. That prat destroyed the club. It's been in a downward spiral since the early 1990s.

New owners. New manager. New investment. New players. New era of domination.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

The future if English football does not look good. Too many foreign

players are killing our game.

andy-f

Message Posted:
11/04/2010 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

how did the bin dippers go on today ? ive heard city won at a canter and i know we played crap and drew nill-nill but was wondering who looks favourite for that fourth champions league place?

andy

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
12/04/2010 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

I think city will get 4th place.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
12/04/2010 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

for me i want man city to beat united next week and get 4th spot .

thats hard to take but uniteds season looks over anyway .

i agree ste65 ,united wont survive much after fergie ,but more so they need to get glazers out .

city will dominate english football for next ten years i would think ,and being a manc its good for the game in a way to have to clubs in the city .....but the money they have cant be matched anywhere ,they talk of 140million for tores in the summer

kav

clayton

Message Posted:
12/04/2010 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

kavenkoy mate

the wastelands club wont dominate football.it dosnt matter how much you have got if world class players wont sign for you there,s not a lot you can do about it.they have had a good season by there standards if they finish 4th.tevez has took them on a roller coaster ride this year dont know if he can do it again.they are offering silly money to players hoping they will sign for them.i would like to see them offer the same money as the other clubs and see where the player chooses to go,wont do that though.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
13/04/2010 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

dearest clayton

its hard for me to say that ,but i know deep down the ten (allthough we have had 20) years tha clubs rotate for top spot,is coming to a change at united.The team we have at present needs a few touches ,where as city are looking like massive cash injections.

they have that cash and have allready put big money in.

we know it isnt a viable business ,but they will play champs league footy and they will buy very big when world cup is over.

but i also know red is best lol....you are right about attracting top players,like kaka fiasco last year ......but within next 5 years who knows ?

kav

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.