North Cyprus Tourist Board - MARSHALS esentepe overcharging
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > MARSHALS esentepe overcharging

MARSHALS esentepe overcharging

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Esentepe Village in North Cyprus

» Korineum Golf Course, Esentepe, North Cyprus

letty

Message Posted:
20/04/2010 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

The short young boy in the esentepe branch will charge you more than he is supposed to then when caught out will completely deny it to his boss in karakum who is a genuine business man that respects his customers. The young boy in esentepe branch also made a very offensive remark about me in turkish not thinking I would understand. The remark was made when I wouldnt but anything because he didnt have the part I needed and wouldnt buy the part he recomended instead even though it was not at all suitable for my needs. I have heard many more stories about the same boy in the same shop from many different people. If your buying anything in there check the price by phone with NAIM in the other shop. And the other one who works in there claiming to be an electrician is definately not. If you take his advice on cable size and breaker size, be sure that you have a fire escape fitted in your house. If you have brought anything af value in there recently chack the price in the other shop,

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 06:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

I live out Esentepe way and will always go to the Karakum Marshalls because Naim is so helpful and friendly. The young lad at Esentepe just wants to pile more stuff on you all the time; a little to pushy for my liking. I have told Naim and he did have him in the shop with him in Karakum for a while but obviously, its not worked. Shame really.

racoonchic

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 06:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

the girl that was there was very frindly and helpfull but the little toad is very pushy and needs a good slap

Groucho

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 06:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

None of these shops is actually called Marshalls... Marshalls is just a brand name for a line of products they sell and there is no tie-up between many of them...

Having said that, I do know what you mean by there being no prices on display and the amounts being made up on the spot... The lad goes seems a bit pushy, maybe he's only trying to make the shop a success but it works against him I think.

Shop-around is the watch word.

I prefer Coban Trading in Catalkoy or Cagra in Karakum, where Hadriye the very nice English speaking lady will often oblige with a good discount rather than charge a premium on the retail price as they do in some establishments when they realise you are not a TC.... shock horror! Yes it does happen...

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

I have always found the 'Marshalls' shop in Karakum stocks just about everything, items have price stickers on them and the staff are very helpful. Recommended.

Paul

racoonchic

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 08:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

agreed its the esentepe branch theres a problem

Chegwin

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

I use it.

Few bob more here and there but convenience is worth paying for.

And saves me a fiver in fuel.

Chegs

Rottolover

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 09:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Sorry, for my villa is in Esentepe too, but which shop are you referring to? Is it one of the supermarkets?

Chegwin

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Newish strip of shop units on the right before Popinn, heading east from Esentepe.

Chegs

letty

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

It is very important to have the shop there. I always think that you should support local businesses because if you dont, when you do need them they will be gone. But I won't go into or buy anything from a shop where the keeper will rip you off. and pass nasty comments that he thinks you wont understand. he is a little twerp that is more suited to sweeping up on a building site than put in a position of trust and the business there will ultimately fail because of him. People can always be shafted once. but not very often anyone gets a second chance. Id rather spend 20tl more on petrol to get what I need than give that little rat anything.

squarefour

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Have found the new shop to be a great addition to Esentepe and have only found the young lad to be a bit keen which could be misconstrued , he always tries to help or offer something even if it isnt what you asked for his coffeee is ok as well - not something to be slagged off for - prices as always here are subject to a little massaging which happens all over trnc so nothing new there , as for offensive remarks i make them quite a lot to myself when some customers cannot be helped !!

Mrwilson

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

I think he is just a little keen.

You should have seen him the other day trying to find the glass hammer i asked for.

I will still use the shop as it is very convenient.

letty

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

The offensive remark was made in turkish to his co worker it involved me taking something and sticking it in my father. now unfortunately for him I understand and speak turkish very well. Just imagine what he is saying about you, I dont disagree with the fact that the store is a great addition to esentepe. Now you enjoy your coffe with the dirty little thieving 8@5t'#d.

gooligan

Message Posted:
21/04/2010 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

msg 13

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.