North Cyprus Tourist Board - CTA go that extra mile to help a stranded lady
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > CTA go that extra mile to help a stranded lady

CTA go that extra mile to help a stranded lady

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Panchocat

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

My stranded friend who was due to fly out on the 16th April, and is still with us, had been tearing her hair out with Cyprus Airways in Larnaca. No helpful info from them, not told when extra flights were being put on, constantly told she was on a waiting list etc; etc.

Today a quick call to the British Consul who then explained her position to CTA and the result? They have been so helpful. She is now booked to fly with them to Manchester tomorrow.

Sorted out in 30 mins whilst it has taken Cyprus airways 7 days to date.

Huge thanks to CTA, in particular Ayse at the office in Girne and of course to the British Consul.

Moral: She has learned that there is now only one airport in Cyprus and that is Ercan!!

flightholiday

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Anne, Why do you think I keep pushing Ercan we all have our reasons to moan but most times the main operators who use it come up trumps and have their human side.

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Yesterday I received a full refund from CTA for the cancelled flight due to the strike on 7th April. Had to send a fair few emails but they've paid up and must have been extremely busy with the ash cloud problem & all!

Maggie

rowan

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

how nice to read some heart-warming and positive comments about CTA. It would be nice to read them at times other than crisis. None the less, well done to them and please keep up the good work

Blackbird

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

It's good to hear something good about CTA - They so often get blasted

Hector

Message Posted:
23/04/2010 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

I was concerned that the loss of revenue during the ash saga may have been the end of CTA.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
24/04/2010 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

A better national carrier in the crisis than the national carrier on the other side who were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike! Thanks again to CTA. My friend landed an hour ago in Manchester. As yet no phone call from the original carrier to say they have a seat for her!

Dawnie1

Message Posted:
24/04/2010 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

I too had been caught up in the volcano troubles & was due to fly back to UK on 16th. I have nothing but praise for CTA, they phoned me initially to tell me the flight waas cancelled & I was in the end rebooked 4 times, with no additional costs to me at all. The girls in the office were excellent & working under extreme pressure. I was due to come home tomorrow & asked to go on standby for an earlier flight if available. They phoned me Thursday & said we are putting on an additional flight & would I like to go on that one.

In 10 years of travelling into TRNC, I have never flown into the south & to be honest, have nothing but praise for CTA & lets hope they can continue flying. They get a lot of bad press, but they deserve praise this time.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
24/04/2010 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Dawn - Praise CTA not just this time as agents we have issues with them and find them always willing to try to assist as and when they can. Sometimes the rules can get in their way though.

TopTen

Message Posted:
24/04/2010 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry to disagree but I was caught up in the CTA strike the week before and still feel I was treated badly and no one is answering any emails they all come back notification failure. i know the volcano thing has been very disruptive but they should treat all their passengers the same. I am telling all our family and friends to first look at Turkish Airways and Pegasos ( even though it means travelling to Stanstead)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.