North Cyprus Tourist Board - Monarch Airlines
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Monarch Airlines

Monarch Airlines

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Nikniknoo

Message Posted:
17/06/2007 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Anyone flown Monarch to Larnaca? It wil be our first time and i am a little worried about the leg room. Have heard awful things about Monarch, leg room being just one thing! My hubby is 6ft 4 and read a report that a woman 5ft 6 had trouble with leg room! Can anyone comment?

coffer

Message Posted:
18/06/2007

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Hi, Were her legs 5'-6" in length or width? Sorry, our teanage boys have just arrived on Monarch (both 6'-4"), no probs with seating, only real complaint was that they had to pay for everything, meals, drinks etc. Not expensive but nothing for nothing!

Cheers

Oknala

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

The first flight I ever took was with Monarch - and I have had a few with them since. No problems what so ever, and v nice staff. But then the first was over 20 years ago.... One tip if you want extra leg room, and are 'healthy teenagers' , make a request for extra leg room when you book in, and they will put you in front of the escape doors - loads of legroom - and this goes for any airline. If you are my age, forget it!!

flossie

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

I think that you will find that you now have to pay for extra leg room seats. on Monarch. If you have a choice go for BA, more leg room and if you check in on line you have a chance of the emergency exit seats. We have tried both recently and would never fly Monarch again. BA are also quite competitive on price.

flossie

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
18/06/2007 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Monarch are excellent. We have flown with Monarch to several countries and are flying out this October to Larnaca with them. Like Oknala says if you pay a little extra and book extra leg room you will be fine - I think my parents have done that. They are great with young kids too - give them little packs with pencils and things to do and the food was nice but yes you did have to pay for it but I dont think there are many flights these days where the food is free unless perhaps long haul flights. Go fo it!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.