North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sandunya beach bar whats happened?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sandunya beach bar whats happened?

Sandunya beach bar whats happened?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

TopTen

Message Posted:
03/05/2010 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Whats hapened to Sandunya beach bar on the edge of Lapta/Karsiyaka. The beach was cleaned up last year a

little beach bar erected with toilets, sunloungers on the beach and food and drink was reasonably priced.

It is now deserted and in ruins, I know that he had his dogs poisened in April, does this have something to do with it?

I hope he will reopen, It is such a shame as they worked really hard.

juliamoons

Message Posted:
03/05/2010 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Yes he will re-open. He did not have permission to build the bar there. But, I heard on the grapevine that he will re-open with a mobile type bar-restaurant thingy. Yes Charmou was poisened and died (the large beautiful male dog), Rosie was poisened and survived and is now with pups, i have no idea about the smaller of the three Zeytin. I went down to check it out today, no dogs, no movement as yet.

batgirl

Message Posted:
03/05/2010 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

They now have to conform to all the usual tax/health regs and have attracted the attention of the local council jobsworths so may not open or have to comply who knows?

joandjelly

Message Posted:
03/05/2010 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Zeytin the young black Pointer is fine. She spends a lot of time on the other side of the poly tunnels where I think she is being fed by a family. She also pops up to see my dog occasionally. Oktay who owns the bar has been a few times recently and is hoping to do something mobile but he will not be able to use the actual building that is there unless he gets all permissions sorted out. Hopefully it will be open again soon.

dublinderm

Message Posted:
03/05/2010 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Hi All,

I am not familiar with Sandunya beach.

Can anyone give directions? I would like to support new business where possible.

DD

TopTen

Message Posted:
04/05/2010 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

at the moment you cannot support it as it has closed, i would love to know how many of these people on the public beaches who want to fleece everyone by charging for everything have permission to do so.

Oktay made some real improvements to that beach it was scruffy until he came along. What is the mentality of the municipality in closing something down that attracted a lot of tourists last year.

juliamoons

Message Posted:
04/05/2010 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Message 6 I totally agree with you. Not only did they do all that work on the beach, they created a car parking area and improved access down on to the beach. They did not charge for sun beds or the beach brollys. They sold drinks at extremely reasonable prices and the food was fantastic and extremely well priced.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.