North Cyprus Tourist Board - places to stay near ercan
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > places to stay near ercan

places to stay near ercan

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

khristy

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 07:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

hello

looking for a hotel near the airport, myself and my son have booked to visit north cyprus on the 29 may and yesterday my partner has decided to come to but cannot get on same flight as us so has booked a flight arriving on the 28 may, so we plan for him to find a hotel as near as possible to ecran airport for the night of the 28 may and then to meet us at the airport on the 29 may ,and then we hire a car and travel to kyrenia together ( better two map readers ) any ideas please and any ideas taxi costs to hotels

many thanks

Groucho

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 07:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Ercan is not far from Lefkosa... but I don't recall seeing any Hotels in the vicinity of the airport. There must be one along the main drag from Lefkosa... who knows of one?

Stephan

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 08:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

...there are NONE!!!

the butler

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Khristy,

There are no hotels near to the airport, your best bet would be to hire a car through either aone rentacar or birdrentacar. You can arrange for them to collect your partner at the airport and take him to a hotel in Kyrenia. The following day they will drop the hire car off at the hotel for him and he can then drive to the airport to collect you and your son. It is not a difficult journey from the airport to Kyrenia, especially the east side of the town.

The butlers wife

roblyn

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Butlers wife is right Khristy. book your car hire before you leave

Most car hire companys in N. Cyprus will collect you at Ercan and take you to your destination free of charge if you are hiring the car from them

Your partner could then drive back to the airport the following day,(always easier in daylight) If you are coming in on a late evening flight,he could take his time, maybe spend some time in Lefkosa before returning to Ercan to collect you and your son.

Ercan /Kyrenia not a long or difficult journey when you've driven the route once

khristy

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

hi

thankyou for your help, that sounds like a good idea, and cheaper than getting a taxi to and from airport , he is a bit nervious about driving there ( without his map reader lol) does a sat nav work ? but must be fairly easy as driving on same side.

i arrive at 20.30 hrs so plenty of time

the butler

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Khristy,

Is your partner on the pegasus flight out of Stanstead on the 28th? I am travelling on this flight with my sons, their wives and teenage grandchildren. Unfortunately I cannot help regards a lift as we are going to Esentepe but I would be happy to help in any other way I can.

The butlers wife

japeal

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

The Poppin Bar & Restaurant near Esentepe do Bed & Breakfast 25pounds a night ring Zeki on 05338313309

khristy

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

no he is flying with cyprus turkish airlines, via izmer into ercan

thanks

Groucho

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

He's right to be nervous about driving... make sure he stays that way too... it might save his and your life! The driving is about as bad as you will find... with no apparent reason for some of the manoeuvres...

Having said that, if you drive like everybody else is a nutter you can get along fine... the roads are better than they were, and most of the time they do drive on the same side of the road as the UK...

the butler

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Groucho,

I agree with what you are saying about the driving in the TRNC but to be quite honest it is no worse than any town in Italy or in fact London. Once you get behind the wheel you are in a killing machine and unfortunately lots of drivers forget that.

The butlers wife

khristy

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

hi

thanks for all the replys, i was thinking about driving as well but think i will give it a miss, i think our worrys is getting lost (once had a car in spain and could not find our hotel for hours late at night) i would not drive in london but my partner does often as from london , is it any better around kyrenia area ? as maybe should just get a car there as want to have a good look around and get a feel of area (thinking about buying somewhere ) but not wanting to put kids at risk. esentebe sounds a good idea is it far from airport ? also a bit confused about if going into lefkosa ie border crossings ect, any ideas about taxi costs .

exmouthfire

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Go with Butlers wife, roads are pretty safe in comparrison to some places, common sense is all thats required and finding your way to Kyrenia is very easy. go the new road as opposed to the old mountain road and you will be fine. Enjoy your stay!

wattys

Message Posted:
14/05/2010 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

I don't think you should use your computer when you have not been on the piss your not making sense,you need to do a lot of home work if your just on holiday to NC never mind thinking of buying.just helpful advice

khristy

Message Posted:
15/05/2010 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

watty thank you for your helpfull advice , not had a drink today yet !! Noted on google earth when looking for hotels, they all seem to be in the wrong place ie cleopatra hotel right next to the airport, but on futher investagation it is in the middle of lefkosa.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.