North Cyprus Tourist Board - CTA - what's the latest ?????
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > CTA - what's the latest ?????

CTA - what's the latest ?????

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Sazna

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Any one have any news on the CTA situation are they going bust or have they sorted things ( For now ).

Thanks

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Personally, I think that it is only a matter of time before CTA folds. The company has been mis-managed for years, and has a workforce that it as least three times what is required for their small fleet of aircraft. Unless major cuts are made to the workforce I see no way that the company can become economically viable. The Government has thrown millions of TL down a blackhole that could have been spent on much better things.

I know that people will say that it would be a sad day to see the demise of the 'national' airline, but you can't argue with economics. Personally, I would say fly from the South. You have a better choice of flights and destinations, you can be pretty sure that your flight won't be cancelled at the last minute and tickets are invariably cheaper.

Just my opinion of course.

Paul

vadiev

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

You obviously didn't fly via Larnaca when the ash cloud was over Europe! Their handling, or non-handling to be precise, was appalling, they couldn't have given a toss about customer relations and my next door neighbour who was flying back to UK for a life saving operation was given no priority at all. That was all airlines not just the GC ones.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

What is of concern is with all the speculation, CTA must be losing thousands of future bookings and revenue due to the uncertainty of its status. This not at all healthy making its tenuous situation even worse. The Government should step in and allay any fears of its trading position and aggressively restructure the company. I'm waiting for the phone call!

Richard

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Vadiev

I have flown from Larnaca on a number of occasions and have never experienced any problems, so can only speak as i find. I think that during the 'ash' crisis, your comments could probably have been attributed to a whole number of airlines/airports.

It is also worth remembering that it is the airline that is responsible for getting you from point A to point B and not the airport, that is merely the hub from which you depart/return.

Paul

Dixie Normus

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Would be in CTA's own interest to go bust , it could then get a new start as a competetive company instead of being a national employer for the lame and lazy, get a management team that knows the industry that can compete with other national carriers instead of one which constantly requires a bailout due to cac handed management, over employment, low standards and rude staff.

D.N

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
19/05/2010 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Agree completely with Dixie Normus...

Maybe it would be best to do the transition in the low season. Just before the summer hols is probably not the best time.

Blackbird

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

I would love to agree with the last two comments....However, if CTA did have a new start as a competitive company it would need more than just a new management team etc.

A new name, a new identity to encourage customers...oh, and new cabin staff that didn't snarl, and look at you as though you are a nuisance stepping on to their plane.

A transformation would cost money. Are the finances there?

flightholiday

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

CTA KTHY

The UK staff who I have talked to all seem confident that they are going to be at work for many months/years to come.

I am sure there will be changes. I suspect that many UK Tour operators feel confident that the airline will still operate till the end of this season. More to come re next season hopefully fairly soon.

Hector

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Where, may I ask, is the money coming from to keep it going?

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
20/05/2010 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

The money is probably coming from the fares they are charging to fly from Manchester to Ercan.

KTHY £389

Monarch (to the dark side) £152, or £169 for day flights.

These are for June

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.