North Cyprus Tourist Board - Greatstone Construction - Esentepe 1 - Electricity Finally!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Greatstone Construction - Esentepe 1 - Electricity Finally!

Greatstone Construction - Esentepe 1 - Electricity Finally!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Great Stone Esentepe Park North Cyprus property review

» Read about Esentepe Village in North Cyprus

» Korineum Golf Course, Esentepe, North Cyprus

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

Cyprus8

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Thank you everyone for all the support we have had since October when we began to work with Marian Stokes from HBPG to secure our Kochans. Also finish the infrastructure, to include complete mains electricity installation on our site, and excessive road repairs, caused by the storms, and poor finishing. This required everybody ‘pooling’ any funds owed to the developer into our ‘pot’. Then being administered by ourselves directly to the engineering companies. We were lucky enough to gain everyones trust and we worked together to achieve our objectives.

We have successfully secured the kochans and transferred the title for 17 of the 19 villas. The other two villa owners both had their PTP, and the opportunity to transfer their title with our developer. They both unfortunately decided due to personal decision not to work the way Marian had guided us, and transfer title at the earliest opportunity.............................continued

Cyprus8

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

. Sadly a few weeks ago a Memorandum was put over our site, to affect any villas that were still owned by Greatstone Construction. This means that those two villas could be in serious danger of being auctioned off to pay for the debt. Marian had explained from the beginning, the importance of securing kochans at the first opportunity. If there are any issues to be ironed out, then she advises to sort it out retrospectively. I sincerely hope anyone reading this now realises the real dangers, and takes her advice. She still continues to work relentlessly to get the laws changed so this can’t happen to people. But until that time…..

Our road was completed a few weeks ago, so everybody is able to safely drive up our hill, and it does look really nice now.

After living for over a year with only our personal generators producing our power (our neighbours for three and a half years!) I am delighted to say, after months of frustration, our meters were finally installed on Monday........

Cyprus8

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

. As soon as we had arranged for individual consumer unit numbers, a few of the other owners arranged to come out to apply to kibtec for their metres. When they were finally installed it was quite an emotional time for all. The party our neighbour had was fantastic…..and bright!!

Total success would have been to have secured all 19 kochans. The extra funds would also have got further work done in some of the villas that were furthest behind.

If anybody is in a similar situation that we were, and their builder has ‘stopped’ work on the site and run into financial trouble. I would advise that you contact Marian Stokes at HBPG. She doesn’t have the time to do the work for you, what she does is show you how to move forward yourself, and guide you in the right direction. She works relentlessly on behalf of residence here, and is very knowledgeable with the system, and the best way to avoid the pitfalls.........

Cyprus8

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Thank you once again for the continued support of our friends, the advice from Marian, and the ‘trust’ of the villa owners in the UK, which allowed us to successfully achieve our objectives. I wish every success to anyone else in the same position.

Dee

Ozbey

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Good advice.

It seems you have salvaged a fair degree of success from the jaws of possible financial disaster, and only just in time.

It is good to hear that hard work and following the right advice has worked. I am really pleased for you all.

Well done to all concerned.

Regards,

Ozbey.

greylag

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Keep at it Cyprus 8 and good luck,

Grey.

jimmyG

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Well done - just shows what can be achieved when people pull together - now you can enjoy your place in the sun.

laptarunner

Message Posted:
25/05/2010 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Have you got the Kocan in your hand, or has just the signing taking place. The reason I asked we paid out tax's last July and the Builder paid is share, all signed at land Reg office. But todate the signed Kocan has not come back with our names on, we were warned its a a long time for this to happen, hence my question.

Good luck to you all.

Terry

Cyprus8

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Laptarunner - we received our kochan just a couple of weeks ago. We also signed ours last July, so hopefully yours will be soon.

As I understand it, as long as you have signed and exchanged title at the Land Registry, the kochan is merely awaiting administration. You will in the mean time have your 'white tapu paper', with a number on it. This number is your registration.

Hope this gives you some peace of mind, but I do understand how you feel....you just want the kocha in your hand to believe it.

Dee

laptarunner

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks for info we are over next week for 7 weeks, and are seeing our lawyer.

Terry

mamachina

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Dee - long time no see! Glad you are seeing light at end of tunnel at last! We're in the midst of ours at Incesu as Mo might have told you. Now find water pipes are not right ones for Belidye water!!!!!!!!

Cyprus8

Message Posted:
26/05/2010 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Mamachina.

Good to hear from you. What is wrong with your water pipes? we will probably have the same problem.... I see my next 'project' coming on....lol.

if you dont have my email any more it is..- deemark96@hotmail.co.uk

Dee x

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.