North Cyprus Tourist Board - cta flight from stansted to north cyprus via dalaman cancelled on thur
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > cta flight from stansted to north cyprus via dalaman cancelled on thur

cta flight from stansted to north cyprus via dalaman cancelled on thur

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

trevelo

Message Posted:
01/06/2010 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Booked flight with CTA for thurs 30 september, this has now been cancelled, we were offered the Friday but this was not suitable, so we have asked for a refund, they said ok it will take a week, it has now taken 12 days and still no refund, we have emailed them and they have answered, saying they were checking if the refund was on its way, but we havent heard anything else, anyone else having same problems.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
01/06/2010 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

If you were travelling thursday outbound surely Friday was not such a problem?

Did you have a return flight booked? If so did you ask about that?

I always travel cta, because i am an idiot but some folk always take every opportunity to knock them.

Remember they have only 5 aircraft and sometimes problems can occur. So give them some leeway.

I do not support the political wranglings with the airline but one day they will evolve into something good or disappear.

trevelo

Message Posted:
01/06/2010 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

We always fly with cta and have never had a problem with them, as a matter of fact we are flying with them to dalaman next sunday. Friday would not have been a problem any other time, but we were so pleased cta decided to do a thursday flight, as our son is getting married on the friday, but as the flight leaves at 10pm it is now out of the question. So we need a refund to book again.

clayton

Message Posted:
02/06/2010 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

flew out of ercan this morning,manchester and stansted on the same plane.landed in altalya manchester poeple had to get of the plane and reboard another one,wasnt to bad but got us back about 1 hour late roughly.

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
03/06/2010 08:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

I appreciate that some people feel a need to support the TRNC's national carrier, but with the existence of the airline almost on a knife edge, I really cannot understand why people are taking a gamble and are still booking tickets months in advance.

Very best of luck to those of you who do !!

Paul

silcuty21

Message Posted:
03/06/2010 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Paul

I agree i have been holidaying in North Cyprus for years i always flew with Cta looking at the situ i cant understand people that gamble their money

it reminds me of people that bought villas that were warned they are now shouting the most and they have lost so much money not to mention the stress

how strange people are it amazing ................

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
03/06/2010 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

I presume the people that "gamble" are paying by credit card, and therefore are hedging their bets!

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
03/06/2010 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Zcacmxi

Maybe so, but does anyone really need the stress of then trying to reorganise flights possibly at short notice ? Fly with a Turkish airline or fly from Larnaca, you can at least be fairly confident (strikes and volcanoes permitting) that your flight will leave on the same day !!

Paul

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
03/06/2010 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Paul

Agreed, the risk of booking CTA is not loss of money if you pay by credit card.

The real risk is disruption caused by strikes/delays/etc, or having to rebook last minute.

Z

Brinsley

Message Posted:
03/06/2010 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

CTA needs as many forward bookings as possible to help its cash flow and hence the dilemma of their situation. With little or no confidence in the airlines viability, the Government should step in and guarantee CTA's survival at six month intervals until its restructuring measures start to kick in and then no longer need this Government security.

Richard

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
03/06/2010 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Richard

They need to downsize their workforce by at least 50% and bring themselves within the operating parameters of other airlines. Until they do, I think they are destined for failure, unless of course the government continues to throw money into this bottomless pit.

Paul

silcuty21

Message Posted:
03/06/2010 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Paul

what happened to me

I agree that the credit card company will refund but the problem is and what happened to me when XL closed down i was refunded all of my £102 return flight the problem was that i paid £386 to get a new one as the airfares shot up and that was to spain where there are hundreds of flights imagine North Cyprus credit card company wont pay the difference had i at the time of booking chose a "safer" bet i would have paid £120 and no stress as beleive me it was stressful

I certainly hope this does not happen as its expensive now to get to North Cyprus imagine if the l Airline goes at the moment it cost £400 in August to Cyprus with CTA although i was very happy with my flights in june from manchester.

Good luck guys but i ilke to sleep at night

MarkVPiazza

Message Posted:
04/06/2010 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

CTA will never be allowed to go bust - the whole of the TRNC is bust,but it still caries on ;0

ray.johnson1

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Our Thursday flight also cancelled but we were offered 10 pm flight same day, inconvenient but really no choice. Just hope the late flight is not cancelled also, return flights as booked.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.