North Cyprus Tourist Board - cyprus turkish airlines
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > cyprus turkish airlines

cyprus turkish airlines

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

davekanne

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

As far as i know they are on the verge of bankruptcy and thats from a very good source in cyprus are we going to lose our money the government has given them 20 mill but they still need 100 mill to carry on that why they are selling tickets so cheap who sells tickets in july so so cheap unless they need money? i think you should be honest with us as we are the 1s that travel why should we lose our money i my self use pegasus or turkish airways change at turkey and more comfortable

Brinsley

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 22:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

CTA is more convenient for some. They may have thrown the new fad of marketing out of the window and reverted back to the good old 'bucket shop' standby ticket days. The nearer to departure, the cheaper the price, but fill the aircraft!

Richard

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Makes you wonder why Pegasus have just announced the new flights from Manchester starting this month, doesn't it???

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

The flights that Pegasus are doing from Manchester are only till the end of September

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

CTA have been used by the government as a place to employ 1000s of people for 30 years, and they've been bailing it out throughout that time.

I'm sure they'll come up with some half baked scheme to keep it going...

If they don't I'm sure the end result will be better for the public, e.g. increased flights from Pegasus and other Turkish airlines, and a new/streamlined CTA that can compete in the market.

crofter

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 09:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Last night, Saturday, passengers booked on the the CTA flight from Manchester to Ercan via Dalaman arrived at Ercan on an Atlasjet aircraft?????? Our family were not given any reason aa to why they were travelling on Atlasjet.

Can anyone enlighten us re this flight.

Thanks.

crofter

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Have now seen the thread 'Ercan Manchester' and this answers our question!

DONTY

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Crofter

Airplanes arent always where they need to be (breakdowns, crew problems etc). When this happens the airline rents alternative planes and crew to cope rather than cancel a flight.

Just 2 or 3 days ago my wifes flight had a bird fly into the engine and the plane had to go to be checked over which meant the plane wasnt ready for its next flight forcing CTA to try to find a replacement.

DONTY

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

I heard from a very good source that Davekanne is a stooge for Pegasus and paid to put fear into CTA clients. (rash comment but no different to msg 1).

Did you know there are people trying to buy CTA and if you weaken them more (i.e frighten off their customer base) the price will be less. There is more to this CTA problem than most understand with certain parties very keen to get hold of the company as cheap as possible.

The more airline choices we have, the better for the consumer. Dont wish CTA dead as it will only result in less options and higher prices later.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
06/06/2010 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

If CTA are going to close we will not know until the day it happens.

Think of all the airlines and tour companies that went under and nobody knew until they morning they arrived for flights.

This is a small country and rumour easily spreads and nothing is held in confidence by anyone about anything. Try complaing about your neighbour about barking dog for example, your neighbour will know who complained before you put the phone down.

So leave cta alone please, they are trying to sort things in their own way. the more that is said on a day to day basis the more likely that it may go down through lack of customers. And anyway, we have flights to UK booked at the end of this month!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.