North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any good forgers around UK driving licence required?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any good forgers around UK driving licence required?

Any good forgers around UK driving licence required?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

Atlas

Message Posted:
15/07/2008 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

UK and EU citizen married to a Non-EU citizen at the Kyrenia registrar in the "occupied area" both parties port of entry the illegal port of Ercan Airport.

Wedding certifcate accepted and recognised as validation for non-EU citizen to travel freely in the Repeublic of Cyprus.

UK and EU citizen with a valid TRNC driving licence issued in the "occupied area" Lefkosa.

Driving licence not accepted or recognised by the Republic of Cyprus (unless you are a Cypriot)

Homw Address in the TRNC, apply for a new UK driving licence previous one lost or stolen and you have to give a valid UK home address (if the information provided is deemed to be untrue then fines or imprionment may be imposed).

So if you see a young good looking couple hitching a lift at Metehan with IKEA written on a piece of cardboard, be a darling pick them up, there maybe a flat pack in it for you!!

fire starter

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

we go south shopping every week. we have never been asked to show our e.u driving licences.

Aslan

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Hi,

When did you last get car insurance?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
17/07/2008 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

There was a program on tv last night showing a chap in Southall who can forge anything. Government Documents, Driving Licences, Passports (any country).

You could give him a call.

fire starter

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

we buy our cars insurance every month.

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Occasionally, the Greek police at the crossing will ask to see your licence and they want an EU one. I always carry both UK & TRNC ones with me but my husband didn't until they told him he couldn't drive South as he didn't have his UK licence on him. Our UK licences still have our old UK address on them as we hit the same problem as original poster - if you don't have a UK address then you can't get a new one. Another problem that we have just encountered is that we are hiring a car in Italy and they require an International Driving Licence if you have a non-EU licence so we are going to have to produce our UK ones as I haven't worked out how you obtain an IDL in the TRNC. Let's hope we never lose our UK licences!

newscoop

Message Posted:
18/07/2008 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

The problem isn`t when insuring a car it is when the annual MOT is due. The woman in the office beside the police cabin is now only accepting UK licences. They are however accepting Turkish Cypriot licenses from Turkish Cypriots. It is blatant discrimination and I feel sure that the high commission will come to our rescue. (not)

brian24001

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

I think you will find the BHC can't help you on this one.

If you are not a UK resident, the DVLA won't even register a change of address if you are a non-resident, for example you sold a UK house and bought another whilst living overseas.

They will tell you to contact them on your return (I have the email).

So, problem is, if you have a new picture licence, which only lasts 10 years, you cannot re-new, unless you have a UK address.

For anyone leaving the UK, and not retaining a house there, it's a good idea the change the address to a friend or relative there first so at least you can re-new later to that address.

Aylin,

I doubt you will get a IDL from the BHC either, however, you can apply for one via the AA website, do it by post, and they will post the IDL overseas for a small extra fee.

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
19/07/2008 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks Brian, we are going to produce our UK ones as they have said that they are acceptable.

We have the old paper driving licences, do you see any problem applying for a picture licence giving a relative's address?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.