North Cyprus Tourist Board - Driving through europe in TRNC registered car - any problems?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Driving through europe in TRNC registered car - any problems?

Driving through europe in TRNC registered car - any problems?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

marnig

Message Posted:
28/06/2010 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Has anyone driven from here back to the UK in a TRNC registered car? What if any problems did you encounter. We are planning to drive from Tasecu to Cesme then take the ferry to Italy then drive through Italy/Switzerland/France and our car is TRNC registered, will we have any problems at the borders? We also will have GB stickers on the car - not that I'm trying to confuse the issue.

henrik

Message Posted:
28/06/2010 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

search the forum for the infos - there have been many threads before on this subject and I have also written my experience at the bulgarian border (which is non of your interest - as you are going Çeşme - Italy) but first search the forum, you will find answers

marnig

Message Posted:
28/06/2010 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Thank you Henrik, I'll have another search.

johnnybgoode

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

a neibhour of mine tried it even paid for the export licence, no problem's in turkey, even after gaining green card insurance, the when he tried to get out of turkey, via greece, bulgaria, they don't reconise the TRNC so the vehicle is not correctly registered, and is ilegal in all EU countries, so don't try it, as you will get your passport stamped with a failed entry, then try explaining that on your next holiday to the custom's.

henrik

Message Posted:
01/07/2010 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

failed entry, whats that? I had all the documents and left turkey in kapikule/edirne towards bulgaria, they would not let me in, phoned german embassy etc but no chance, after 3 hrs I returned, the car was checked by turkish customs, I told them that I could not enter bulgaria, they just had a quick look.. The case here could be different as they will be gooing to italy and I have heard that some people were allowed to pass, even my parents did this about 10 years ago, they went by ferry, Cesme - Brindisi, but i dont know how the situation is today..

jonkay

Message Posted:
01/07/2010 08:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

In Switzerland, In order to use the motorway you will have to buy a "Vignette" which costs 40chf. These can be purchased at the customs.

zerochlor

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 02:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

keep your UK plates,if you want to go back to the UK with your car for a trip and you have not permantly exported your car from the UK,i mean informed DVLA that it has left the country permantly and you have not claimed your VAT back on your car after registering it here in TRNC,theres no reason why you cannot just put your UK number plates back on once in turkey and carry on with your journey,it has been done.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.