North Cyprus Tourist Board - CTA/Atla Jet and flight to/from London Heathrow
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > CTA/Atla Jet and flight to/from London Heathrow

CTA/Atla Jet and flight to/from London Heathrow

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Shawood

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi All

Unable to ascertain if flights are being run to/from Heathrow at the moment. Ringing all the phone numbers but unable to speak to anyone as yet. Is anyone aware of them taking off from Ercan?

Kind Regards

Shawood

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Hi All

I am now hearing that the slots at Heathrow have been lost. Not good news for heathrow travellers. My understanding is that Atlas Jet will fly from Stanstead and Manchester only.

Can I also add a note that this is what I have learnt through some phonecalls this morning. It certainly should not be read as fact. However I'm sure the more information shared, th easier it is to make informed decisions, however difficult.

Kind Regards

flightholiday

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Nigel - I am sorry but the news so far is that CTA/Atlas Heathrow flights do not seem to be available at the moment. You do need to try to verify anything you read for yourself.

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

The ACL allocate slots at UK airports Their websites is at: http://www.acl-uk.org/

Their Slot Trade website is at: http://www.slottrade.aero/how-slottrade-works.asp#ground

On the slot trade site it clearly states:

Only airlines can hold and trade slots – a slot holder must be an airline with a valid operating licence. Non-airline entities cannot hold slots, and if an airline loses its operating licence then its slots are forfeited to the pool – they cannot be considered assets for liquidation.

Given that KTHY operating licence is suspended, then so are the slots. Clearly, it was easy for Atlas to get Stansted slots, but Heathrow will take some more time.

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

PS, if there is any doubt that KTHY has not lost it's operating licence, then you should note that the current flights are operating under AtlasJet's operating licence, and they have the code KK.

If it were any other way, they could have operated on behalf of KTHY with the YK code and flown using the same slots. But they can not fly, KTHY YK licence is suspended until further notice!

Shawood

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Hi All

Thanks for the info which confirms what I was told this morning. We do have standbye seats booked and I guess we will have to confirm them later this week. In the meantime I guess it's a claim form of to ABTA!

All the best

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Unsure if ABTA is the one....

I think it is either: ATOL or your Credit Card company that you will need to contact.

3gmifi

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

I think this links clarifies it for everyone in summary.

If you paid for flight only by credit card your covered but if you paid cash and got your tickets straight away you stand to lose all your money. The Kibris govt needs to step in.

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=125&pagetype=90&pageid=9522

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

3gmifi: That is a good link: http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=125&pagetype=90&pageid=9522

Kibris/TRNC government have already stepped in! This mess is a result of it. They've ruined KTHY, overemployed people, split it from Turkish Airlines, squandered all the money....

Episode this year is to take money from 100,000 passengers selling them tickets paid in advance. They've effectively stolen the money, and now handed the "responsibility" to deliver to these people to AtlasJet.

People must not play a part in this farce, and must put an end to it. They should contact their credit cards...

3gmifi

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

But unfortunately the old school people who have in trust year on year paid there local agent in cash are the ones who unfortunately are going to lose out

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

They'll have to put it down to experience and move on... They might not lose completely, they might get a ride on Atlas...

Many many airlines in the world make 100s of millions in loses, and many have collapsed. For that reason, I would always pay by Credit Card for the added protection, even if you have to pay 2.5% extra...

malsancak

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

zcacmxi, "take money from 100,000 passengers selling them tickets paid in advance. They've effectively stolen the money"

for a company owned by the government to sell tickets when they know they are insolvent is a bit like the builders here selling villas when the land is mortgaged. No wonder the government is doing nothing about the auctions.

nilmoney

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Couldn't agree more Malsancak how can any self respecting Goverment behave like this I Use to support TRNC but now !!!!. Thought the Auctions was the last straw now this .

It all stinks and beginning to get angry not just disapointed It just a goes on and on.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.