North Cyprus Tourist Board - CTA shambles, and the British Residents Society
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > CTA shambles, and the British Residents Society

CTA shambles, and the British Residents Society

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

CJtill

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

With nobody seeming to know whats going on, this is where the BRS should come into their own and seek out information which they can feed down to the anxious travellers.

If they are being pro-active please let us know.

If not, why not ?....this is important.

Michael

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Michael

They are probably being fed the same c**p that all other travellers are receiving. As ever, people just want to know what is going on and as is the norm in the TRNC, nobody in authority is able to tell them and whatever information is given out by 'ministers', et al, has to be treated with a significant pinch of salt.

Paul

begonia

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Here we go again..................let's blame the BRS !

dizzycows

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Why the heck should the BRS get involved with the travel business, if they were to get involved with every thing to do with NC, they would never cope!!

CJtill

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

This is certainly not an attempt to blame the BRS.

They are great at arranging functions, discounts at various outlets and the blood donor day, but in a time of real crisis for a lot of Expat and tourists alike, I would just like to know if they are getting involved and keeping their members updated ?

Thats all.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

sorry cjtil, just me being a little grumpy, as sometimes think folks need to take control of themselves and not always expect someone else to sort.... Having a bad day... so didnt mean to be so snappy, sorry.....

malsancak

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

seems a silly idea having each individual expat jamming phonelines when an organisation representing them could make a single phone call. Unfortunately it looks as if we're on our own. I'd love to support an organisation that helps expats in situations like this, in my case it was Ankara Travel and I wasn't even a customer, but I will be in the future.

hattikins

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

I think people are trying to take control for themselves within the means at their disposal but reliable information is very hard to find and naturally people are getting anxious. Perhaps if BRS could try, as an official body, to find out what is happening then some of the rumours could be put to bed. Of course ideally the government should be making announcements as to what is going on, a good many people have paid out in good faith for flights, some as far away as Christmas, and are left not knowing whether to book alternative flights and risk losing the money they have already paid or hang on and hope for the best.

As BRS are representatives of many British residents it maybe could try to find out for their members.

hattikins

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Message 7

I agree with you regarding Ankara travel, in desperation I rang them today, despite booking my flights online they could not have been more helpful and advised me what to do. In future I will go to them without hesitation, to book flights through Larnaca I might add.

paddywack

Message Posted:
29/06/2010 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Msg 9

Distasteful as it may be,lokos to be the way in future.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.