North Cyprus Tourist Board - Atlasjet selling tickets for abandoned CTA passengers' "extra flights"
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Atlasjet selling tickets for abandoned CTA passengers' "extra flights"

Atlasjet selling tickets for abandoned CTA passengers' "extra flights"

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

malsancak

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Read the article and weep

http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com/2010/06/30/atlasjet-selling-tickets-for-abandoned-cta-passengers-extra-flights/

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 15:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Malsancak

Why am I not surprised.

Once again 'ministers' issuing empty promises. The TRNC government should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Paul

mrsgee

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Have just returned from UK, Manchester. Atlasjet put on a flight early this morning - 00.15 midnight - to bring passengers that should have travelled either last Saturday or mid-day today.

Arrived at the airport 3 hours ahead of flight, as advised by Ankara Travel, as apparently seats were not guaranteed, first come first served. Hardly anyone in the queue, checked in with original CTA e-ticket. Plane took off a little late, hardly a quarter full. Staff were very pleasant, flight very comfortable, not least due to having 3 seats to myself. Hot meal, and drinks served. Snack on the second leg to Ercan. All in all a great flight.

Only shame was that apparently people were not being told about it, and I was told by some that it was by chance that they found out. Fortunately, Ankara Travel, who were once again excellent, advised me of the flight even though I had not booked through them on this occasion. That's what I call good service from Ankara.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Malsancak

I would just like to make one point, in the article it is stated Atlas are putting on extra flight. They are extra for them but it is less than half the flights that should be flying as per the former KTHY schedule. People should not get the idea that EXTRA flights are flying to get rid of the backlog, they are not.

We have been advised by Ankara Travel, who have been superb, about the flight returning on Tuesday 6th and we will be turning up with flask and sandwiches to wait in the early queue.

I must be honest, I have already spoken to CT about yesterday and hope we can put a story together before we leave tomorrow am, If we do not get on the flight next tuesday and can prove people have got on who have booked this week I will not be a happy bunny. As usual the people responsible for the so called "flag carrier" could not organise one in a brewery.

There is one thing for sure, tourist numbers will be down this year, next year there will be next to ZERO.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.