North Cyprus Tourist Board - Atlasjet flights for CTA ticket holders - experience so far?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Atlasjet flights for CTA ticket holders - experience so far?

Atlasjet flights for CTA ticket holders - experience so far?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Gudge

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Good afternoon,

My wife and I are due to fly to Ercan Saturday week and like many others on this site have tickets with CTA. Being a relative novice at flying with this carrier, we were not aware of any issues until after the company went bust/into administration. However we were pretty heartened by the news that another carrier had purchased a majority share and would honour CTA tickets.

Since then, the various bits of information coming out seem pretty confusing in terms of what Atlasjet are actually doing for CTA ticket holders - are CTA tickets being honoured? are Atlasjet ticket holders getting priority treatment?

I'd like to ask the community here whether anyone has yet flown on an Atlasjet replacement flight while holding a CTA ticket. If so, can anyone comment on their experiences?

Thanks for any assistance.

Gudge.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

The thing to bear in mind, Atlas jet DO NOT operate flights to the UK, they are banned from doing so. All the flights being put on are to cover the flights that KTHY should have done. So any passengers booking with Atlas will have been made since Sunday this week. If people do not get their flights because of Atlas flight bookings then there needs to be a collection of data and it be passed to the press asap. No point in complaining to the government, they do not care.

mrsgee

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Gudge. see the other thread about Atlasjet. I have returned from Manchester with them in the early hours of this morning. Great flight, friendly staff and comfortable. Used CTA eticket, no problems at all. Only problem with the set up is the apparently lack of information going out, but Ankara Travel advised me to go to the airport and get the flight.

Good luck for a week on Saturday.

Jachin

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

After 4 days of trying I eventually got hold of Atlas help desk 00902164443387. My CTA flight was from Stanstead on the 5th. I was told that Atlas are flying from Stanstead on 6th,9th and 10th July. I was told to go to the airport but I have no guarantee of getting on the plane and no information for the return flight on 21st.

He suggested I claim my money back from my credic card provider and re-book the flights through a different airline.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

You can only claim from credit card once time of flight is passed and you will have to prove there was no alternative made available.

Atlas/KTHY are according to CT publishing new "timetable" on 6th. Until then you have real problems to decide on. Hopefully by 21st there will be a more realistic programme out and full info as to what to do. If you prempt you will be guaranted to loose out.

I am not speaking from a distance, we missed flight from Ercan yesterday because it was "full". Apparently with a lot of people going to Antalya, I know there are others on the forum who had family on that flight may be they will confirm what happened at Antalya.

We are in same position as you jachin in that we are returning on 6th and will be arriving very early cos I am not going to be stuck in England. That is if we arrive tomorrow at Stansted, after yesterday had no alternative but to book a pegasus flight costing arm and leg cos they have doubled their prices to take advantage.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

If Atlas are banned from flying to the uk how are they taking people there? On their web site it says no flights to or from the uk. Do you have a parachute and jump?

Toolsy

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Hi,

I've been following the message boards for a while now and its a great source of info.. many thanks.

I would like to know what is meant by 'Antalya Travel' that people keep referring to as being helpful?

I have a "flight" from Stansted-Ercan booked for late July with KTHY.

Also re: msg #6 what is CT?

Thanks

mrsgee

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

It's Ankara Travel and they are a superb travel agency based in Girne. We have used them for a number of years and they are incredibly helpful. In this particular instance I had not even booked the tickets through them, having booked direct with CTA on line. When I contacted Ankara to ask for help they were great, and told me about the Manchester flight, so here I am back home.

I can totally recommend Ankara for bookings.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

msg 6 they are travelling under the kthy flag, as we understand it that is the reason they will be called "Yeni KTHY".

Msg 7

CT is Cyprus Today.

not seen antalya travel but I and others use Ankara Travel, a travel agency in Girne who have been outstanding in their support of passengers who booked with them.

If you have flights booked all you can do is wait. If you rebook you stand to loose your money paid to KTHY.

this week has been total chaos, only to be expected but management of both airline and Ercan should all be dismissed for not providing even basic information. Hopeful this will change as this week progresses however having seen what happened yesterday at Ercan there will be an awful lot of people never returning here and they will tell all their friends and no doubt travel agents.

zcacmxi

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

CyprusisHome:

AtlasJet are NOT banned from flying. KTHY ARE banned from flying.

KTHY YK flights are all cancelled.

AtlasJet KK flights are flying.

There is no "Yeni KTHY". That they are hoping/planning to set up for next year. This year it is just Atlas flying.

Toolsy

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

oops sorry I meant 'Ankara Travel'

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Disagree, the flights are registed under the banner of KTHY, Atlas were banned from entering UK air space about 3 years ago and as far as I and all that I have spoken to agree. This was one of the reasons we were all surprised it was Atlas who were accepted as partner. Obviously a politics argument behind the scenes but that is the case as it stands.

malsancak

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

cyprusishome, if KHTY/CTA is still operating then why are our flights not being honoured and what is this about them having their license suspended?

silcuty21

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Atol have just got back to me the Tour operator who told us they are not liable as it was "seat only"

are liable the reason is there is certain wording that has to be in their invoice they clearly did not have this and Atol have advsied to expect a refund for £380 or they will take action,

hope this helps as they say every little bit helps (asda)

sylv

malsancak

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

good news, silcuty21!

Gudge

Message Posted:
30/06/2010 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Hi folks.

Thanks for comments so far. Can I ask for specific feedback from anyone that has a CTA ticket and has gone through the process of using this on an Atlasjet flight

I'm a bit concerned that we'll get to the airport next week and queue for an Atlasjet flight only to be told that those who have purchased an Atlasjet ticket get priority - if anyone has any reassuring stories from firsthand experience, they would be much appreciated!

(thanks mrsgee for your post!)

Gudge.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.