North Cyprus Tourist Board - Atlas to refund CTA Tickets? end of Credit Card Approach
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Atlas to refund CTA Tickets? end of Credit Card Approach

Atlas to refund CTA Tickets? end of Credit Card Approach

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Haydock

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

It strongly appears Atlas will not be able to supply my flight booked with CTA: Manchester to Dalaman.

On the FAQ page it states "further notifications will be made, re: refunds" or something similar.

This statement will blow away everyone's chances of getting a refund from their CC.

As said on previous forum posts, no one has gone into liquidation, and the above posting on the Atlas web-site is indicating that unused CTA tickets may get a refund.

They (CC) will simply refer you to this loose statement and say-"Go back and try and get a refund"

The nightmare will then begin.

I am beginning to accept my monies are lost and retrieving even a portion of it will be a bonus.

ianwfs

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Credit card companies frequently try this tack. If there is a refund due in these circumstances, the Credit Card Company is JOINTLY liable. If CTA/Atlas can't or won't pay, the CC company can be chased instead.

onestop

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

The day we were due to fly there was no flight and no airline. It was after the collapse and before the second agreement was signed. I will attempt to make a claim with the cc co.

Groucho

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Quote Consumer Credit Act 1974

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/31/creditcards-31.htm

They are absolutely liable jointly with the supplier and as long as the value of the goods or services exceeds £100 then they have no get out.

malsancak

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Atlasjet's website currently saying "Can I reimburse my KTHY ticket from Atlasjet Airlines? - Currently not. We will declare the regulations regarding the reimbursement of KTHY unused tickets in our further notifications."

joandjelly

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Re msg 4 - would Atlasjet be jointly liable if they did not sell/issue the tickets? Am interested as I have flights booked Ercan to Dalaman with CTA and Atlasjet do not fly there.

KARY44

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Be careful about relying on the credit card companies to refund you as foreign transactions are not covered by CCA, if you bought tickets on-line using UK Credit card and as long as your tickets are £100.01 or more per person you should be covered and are entitled to refund, best to back this up in writing after you call them as they will send out a declaration for you to sign and it just delays the whole process. I do not know how local credit card companies work but when I worked for RBS (2 years ago) any UK company that went into liquidation, the amount was over £100.01 and where the service was not fulfilled the amount is charged back and refunded to your account. I am unsure of how CTA charge your accounts and whether this shows as foreign transaction or not.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
02/07/2010 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Just thought I would add to message 7 that if you bought on CC via an agent and the agent passed the funds on to CTA then you will not be able to chargeback as the agent has provided you with a service.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.