North Cyprus Tourist Board - Today 500 hundred people turn up for a 200 seat flight today
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Today 500 hundred people turn up for a 200 seat flight today

Today 500 hundred people turn up for a 200 seat flight today

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

silcuty21

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 15:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Just got a call from friends who tried to board the atlas/cta flight and said

500 or so people turned up for a 200 seat flight all these people were due to fly on Manchester heathrow birminghan stansted flights

if so this is disgusting what the hell is going on its getting from bad to worst

sylv

johnty

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

what happened to them did they get on?

gillken

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

This is from an email I recieved.

We eventually got back home last night at 21:00hrs after an interesting long wait in queues at Ercan airport. Many altercations along the way, with the locals trying to jump the massive queue for the flight. The police had to be summoned to assist with the situation. Many, however were unlucky and had to be turned away. I'm glad we were out of the way in the departure lounge by that time.

silcuty21

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

No they never they have booked to come home monday via larnaca

Atlas instead of bring stranded clients home they are selling seats and giving them

priorty but that could be gossip they heard in the queue but there were puch ups, swearing staff abused

they were so disturbed by it so much they returned via larnaca

poor souls there in their late 70s who wants to see that

Smity

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

It seem to me when reading the threads concerning CTA / Atlas, Atlas are trying to use up empty seats but can't Gaurantee seats, they also say that the seats supplied will only be to the destination of the flight so if you want to get to Ercan and the flight is only going to Turkey you still have to try and get another flight to your final detsination

proline

Message Posted:
03/07/2010 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

I was one of those who couldnt leave the island.. Booked a flight from Larnaca!

Total kaos!

There's a strike on Monday.

billyboy1

Message Posted:
04/07/2010 01:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

My grandmother of 80 years was also there this morning as instructed, she never got on, she said it was terrible,

she says if she cannot be assured of a seat in the next week or so, she will not bother trying to get to Uk to visit....

Such a shame for all those that have booked and paid , totally wrong to keep everyone hanging on with no proper arrangements....

Disgusting

Lilli

Message Posted:
04/07/2010 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

its a fxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx total mess, customers in tonight who have no idea when they will get home unless thay book elsewhere, that makes thier insurance null and void xxxxxxx

tonyhickey

Message Posted:
04/07/2010 01:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Perhaps there are short of staff ?

Simhar

Message Posted:
04/07/2010 07:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

I was at ercan yesterday trying to get my mother-in-law on the flight. Atlas called out names on a list which I understand were names of people who could not get on a flight Friday. The number of flights that Atlas are running does not equal the number KTHY were running hence the chances of getting on are limited. I also saw a number of holiday reps taking a wedge of passports to the desk trying to get their customers "bumped up" the queue. From yesterday morning Atlas are taking bookings from KTHY customers with re-issued tickets for flights starting from the 9th July. So either go to ercan on the first in queue basis, fight for your place or get on the list for the next day, or fly from the south at extra cost or book onto one of the flights on or after the 9th (I understand the 9th is now fully booked). I don't blame Atlas, they do not have to put on these flights and do not have enough resources to put on enough flights for everyone, their staff are being abused.....

Simhar

Message Posted:
04/07/2010 07:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

(understandably in the circumstances but manners are free!) and KTHY are withholding information on passenger manifests from them. They cannot give out info because they don't have it themselves. I for one will sit back and have another beer, enjoy my mother-in-laws company for another week (she's already been here 6 weeks, oh joy!) and having taken the option to book in with atlas for next Saturday stay far away from ercan!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.