North Cyprus Tourist Board - CTA Flights - Travel Agency info
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > CTA Flights - Travel Agency info

CTA Flights - Travel Agency info

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

advocate67

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

My father due to fly 16h July Stansted - Ercan, Travel Agent informed him the earliest he can travel is 16th August.

Has anyone else been given this information?

Has anyone had any luck changing tickets with Direct Traveller?

silcuty21

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

advocate67

dont think you got a chance try and get your money back on card if you paid by card that is

i heard from one friend that they can get then out but cant do the return till mid sept

good luck

sylv

millerman

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Still haven't had a response from Cyprus Paradise one week on, and also two days on from Direct Traveller. I don't know why it's taking them so long - if all the flights are booked up then they only have to say so. Anyway I went to Transit Travel in Orpington and they couldn't have been more helpful, offering to change my flights there and then. None of the dates they could do were any good for me so now I know I can rebook and claim money back from Mastercard. Have rebooked with Easyjet - so much for trying to support the economy of the North.

I will definitely use Transit Travel in future.

Also tried to get refund for Stanstead car park's non-refundable rate, as we are now going from Gatwick. No luck on that yet.

Jacky

silcuty21

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

well at least you get back your money some people have not been so lucky

it will all sort its self out im sure

sylv

nick1

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

i also had same prob with airport parking,non refundable.was told by cc company to write a seperate letter that they can pass on to there legal team to look further into claiming this back when i send off claim for flights.got bored with arguing with the manager about it !

advocate67

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

update from message 1

Father ignored their advice, drove to North London to see the Agent, within 5 mins he was re issued a ticket as per original ticket, same departure date (16 July).

Cousin went to a different agency and was told "why didn't you come here last week, we could have given you the dates you wanted, you've left it too late for July but can travel on 10th Aug." she has her new tickets.

I will be going tomorrow for new tickets, will post the outcome on here along with any information which may help others.

jfoggy

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Hi

re Message 6 Can you tell us which agency's were invovled?

Many thanks

millerman

Message Posted:
13/07/2010 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

It looks like the lesson is to go into the travel agents and not fill in those on-line forms. Good luck to all those trying to get flights and refunds.

Jacky

advocate67

Message Posted:
14/07/2010 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Yes, my father went to the originally recommended agent by Atlas jet, Flight Club in North London, despite being told he couldn't fly until after 16th, on his arrival there, they found him a seat for this Fri.

Originally I used Direct Traveller, who gave me the same info re 16th Aug, so today I'm going to Asia Express, following my cousin's success. I did call Asia Ex. last night, who informed me I had to submit online form. I'm ignoring that instruction and heading there shortly.

Also Direct Traveller did say they are expecting Atlas jet to "put on more flights" in Aug, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Will let you know the outcome.

Londonmum

Message Posted:
14/07/2010 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

I handed in our tickets at Flight Club last Wednesday - still have not heard anything despite going in twice and calling everyday! Atlas jet helpline said that requests were being turned around in 48 hours but reading everyone's emails that doesn't seem to be the case! There is apparently a backlog of tickets waiting to be confirmed as valid!

We were booked 29 July - 29 August.....dates were available last week but now Atlas Jet Istanbul helpline says the best they could offer for our group of 5 is going out on 10 and return 14 August - couldn't get him to understand why I didn't think this was acceptable!!

No

advocate67

Message Posted:
14/07/2010 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Don't know what to say to that - he offered you a four day holiday - unbelievable!

Waste of time (for me anyway) with Asia Express. Couldn't get return flights before 10th September. They said it is not a problem getting flights to Ercan, difficult getting back.

Pegasus and Turkish Airlines will cost £2000 for four tickets, Larnaca is £1600.

Summer in the back garden it is then.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

For once we are blowing our own trumpet.

At IAH Ltd (www.flightholiday.co.uk ) we have tried to help quite a few people who are not our own customers during this CTA problem.

We have tried to help on Cyprus 44 (seemingly according to some we do not know our own business; so I am not so inclined to try to help others as hard as I usually do with the KTHY problem – sorry goodwill can wear out).

We are also members of ASTTO and have been trying to work with our associates & competitors. Many of whom have a greater worry & load. Many TO’s will not finish sorting out this problem for weeks to come.

Of course we had our own clients both ATOL bonded and supplied as a ticket provider who had problems and who needed our help.

Tonight as well as our normal business we have finally got our last client positioned with ATLAS and as happy as they can be!!! So just this once IAH will blow our own horn & now I can try to work normal hours & days rather than just about the lot.

Good luck - Tom

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.