North Cyprus Tourist Board - Is the postal service TRNC to UK affected by airline upheaval?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Is the postal service TRNC to UK affected by airline upheaval?

Is the postal service TRNC to UK affected by airline upheaval?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

whataview

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Anyone know what the state of play is with receiving and sending post to the UK currently?

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Sorry don't know, what I do know is I have never received any letters in the last 12 mths, I know some have been sent, even by recorded delivery, but I did not get any of them.

whataview

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Sorry to hear that jamestalbot.

I have had the odd pieces of mail arrive from UK previously but they were all sent internationally recorded which costs a bob or too more than normal recorded delivery (not sure why)!!

But with CTA being one of the mail carriers I just wondered if anything at all would arrive between TRNC -UK-TRNC

authentichoccie

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

I just had a parcel sent from the UK by international recorded delivery, it took 7 days to get here.

whataview

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

thanks for the info authenticchoccie was that a box of choc?

Denise

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

as far as i know you can only send abroad by international signed for post. there is no recorded delivery as before and i have always received any mail that has been sent this way. it is normal post that i have a problem with and it's hit or miss, although a high percentage of normal posted parcels arrive. if you have not received post that has to be signed for have you tried to track it online to see where it is? has it been correctly addressed? these are things to look into as if it's incorrectly addressed someone must have your letters somewhere and should be tracked. i hope this helps

jamestalbot

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

I sent mine by international recorded delivery, still did not get here, that's why I have another post on here for someone to pick up some letters for me from the UK.

Also the letters sent by recorded delivery were important documents, which has now caused me a lot of problems,

Sorry for moaning.

James

authentichoccie

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Whataview - No sadly not chocs!

Yes denise It was International signed for whatever, you can track it in the UK and then again here on the kktc post office website. My package spent 2 days in Istanbul and then 2 days in Lefkosa, before finally arriving in Lapta this morning!

scruff

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

I have had minimal problems with mail arriving here over 8/9 years. The main problem had been incoming cards, Birthdays & Christmas & these have now been stopped. Just not worth the hassle. Having said that, some years, in the past at Christmas especially, have been better then others.

I've rarely had other mail go astray & all the business stuff gets here fine. I've never used recorded delivery either in or out. I once used it for something posted by another in the UK., on my behalf & that got lost in the UK. I wasn't impressed. Also the track & trace feature didn't work on that occasion, because it was delivered by bulk mail in the UK., so the recorded delivery fee was a complete waste of money.

I do have a Girne PO box though & most incoming mail goes to this. I try to avoid mail out at all, although in ny experience outgoing mail isn't a problem. I try to do everything I can by email or internet.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

We are getting mail in but a registered parcel for birthday in May did not arrive. Cyprus Today a couple of weeks ago carried a short item that said no post had left the North since 21 June. I do not know if this is fact but just in case, took birthday cards to South to post. It's still hit and miss whether you get your post which is very frustrating. I guess if the guy who handles the post wherever wants what is in the parcel, you will not get it, if he does not, it comes through.

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

You should never ever write the letters Cyprus in any form when sending mail to the TRNC.

You shoud address the mail as if you are sending mail to Turkey

Key words are Mersin: 10 KKTC

Hector

Message Posted:
15/07/2010 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

I've been getting my copies of Cyprus Today sent to me in the UK. Might get two delivered (Wed & Sat editions) on the same day as I did yesterday.

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
16/07/2010 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

I have to swallow the cost and DHL everything the best and safest route for me

Groucho

Message Posted:
16/07/2010 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

LC you should not use KKTC on the post, only 'Mersin 10 Turkey'

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.