North Cyprus Tourist Board - Directions from Larnica to Girne exit roundabout
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Directions from Larnica to Girne exit roundabout

Directions from Larnica to Girne exit roundabout

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

dougskud

Message Posted:
18/07/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Morning all, we have friends who are coming for the first time to NC.

They will be driving from Larnica to Ozankoy, I have no knowledge of this route.

Can any one help with directions / road signs from Larnica to the big roundabout in Lefcosa where you pick up the main Girne road.

thanks

Doug

kibsolar

Message Posted:
18/07/2010 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

A taxi to ozanköy will cost them 60 - 65 euros. anyway.

go from the airport straight to the motorway, heading north. you stay there, dont drive off to Limassol or Larnaca. after approx 10 kilometers a big roundabout will appear. big signes....left drive off to Lefkosia. not to miss.

follow for approx 35 kilometers, just go on. when it is approx 6 kilometers to Lefkosia, they will go "up the hill" a bit. this is the drive off "Troodos". small blue ? signs may also say "Kioneli" (Gönyeli), or maybe even "Kerineia" (Girne), i forgot. the drive off will lead to a mainroad heading north west, after 300 meters on the left... the big orphanides store.. drive straight for approx 8 kilometers, passing one, two, three roundabouts. take care on the last, dont follow drive off "troodos" any more, head north, second drive off, its "going down a hill " now and up a little. after 500 meters you are on a T junction. so far so good.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
18/07/2010 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

be careful, the junction iis dangerous, turn right. after 150 meters a big church on your right. (manetonitissa, sorry, wrong spelling) go on straight, approx 5 kilometers, to a big roundabout,

take the second drive off, (first goes into a greek military area) there should be also the blue signs towards Kerineia. follow approx 500 meters, to a traffic light, on your right: coca cola factory. there IS a sign "Kerineia", turn left. go straight for one kiometers and you see the border. hope that the insurance office is open and pass into the TRNC. go on 700 meters to first small roundabout, go straight. after another 500 meters take first drive off on second roundabout. go straight for 1,5 kilometers. traffic lights with small roundabout, big mainroad. turn right. after another 500 meters the big roundabout Gönyeli, take first drive off towards Girne.... 20 kilometers to go..

kind regards

dublinderm

Message Posted:
18/07/2010 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi all,

Anyone reading Kibsolar's directions will realise that finding your way around South Nicosia is not easy. I lived there for a time and often went too and from Larnaca. I was never fully confident of finding my way without mishap.

In general, when leaving the motorway you are looking for MAKEDONETISSA and then AYIOS DHOMETIOS. If you get to Ayios Dhometios you are nearly there.

The advice to get a taxi or bus (Green service) is very sound.

Good Luck!

DD

dougskud

Message Posted:
18/07/2010 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks everyone

Doug

kibsolar

Message Posted:
18/07/2010 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

If they do what i write, they will not miss it. i try again , shorter.

From LCA airport go for 12 kilometers on the motorway, take the drive off to Lefkosia.

go on for 35 km. take the drive off to "Troodos". all big signs.

go on for 12 kilometers, pass some traffic lights and 3 roundabouts, always take the second drive off, which means, you go straight. DO NOT follow "Troodos" any more.

you come to a T-junction, now they are in Makedonitissa.

turn right.

go for 5 km and again take the second drive off at the big roundabout. (first one is "closed", as it is military access only), again, they go straight.

go for 500 meters, first traffic lights, turn left.

go for 1,5 km ... the border.

go for 2 km, go straight on a small roundabout and take the first drive off at the big "Atatürk on horse statue" roundabout.

go for 2 km towards the mainroad, turn right, after 500 meters you are at Gönyeli roundabout.

first drive off .....20 km to go to Girne.

kibsolar

Message Posted:
19/07/2010 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

quick note, as i drove the way yesterday night...

when you come from LCA towards Lefkosia and watch out for the "Troodos" drive off, there ARE also signs, quite good visible, saying "Kioneli and Keryneia". these signs are later on at all important points and will lead your straight to the border.

Turkish cypriot insurance office is closed at night! No access with non insured car.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.