North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cost of electricity use spreadsheet - useful for holiday homes
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cost of electricity use spreadsheet - useful for holiday homes

Cost of electricity use spreadsheet - useful for holiday homes

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

BeeKeeper

Message Posted:
26/07/2010 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

If you ever have people stay in a house in Northern Cyprus and want to charge them for the electricity they have used during their stay, you may find this spreadsheet useful. Simply fill in the blue boxes (days in month, no. of days in day, electricitiy meter reading on arrival and electricity meter reading on departure) and it will work out what I think is a reasonably accurate estimate of the cost of electricity used.

It takes account of the different price bands, and calculates used pro-rata so that the cheap electricity bands are shared out fairly for all days in the month.

For a stay which spans months of different lengths, I suggest taking an average (i.e. 30+31 divided into 2 = 30.5).

You can download it at http://www.levantvillas.com/spreadsheet.htm

While I post this in good faith, I make no legal guarantees for this spreadsheet's accuracy - use at your own risk. If you can see any mistakes/room for improvement please post!

BeeKeeper

Message Posted:
26/07/2010 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Ooops! There's a mistake in cell G14. If you've downloaded it already please replace the current contents of cell G14 with the formula =IF(F7-SUM(F11:F13)>0,F7-SUM(F11:F13),0)

Or alternatively, wait until tomorrow and I'll re-upload a corrected in the morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

BeeKeeper

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 01:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Ooops. Several more formula errors. I've corrected them too and will post the updated version on the website tomorrow morning.

Sorry - should have done more beta testing before posting.

Chegwin

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 08:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Bug*er.

I used it and ended up paying my renters to stay..............

BeeKeeper

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Updated version which I think works in all situations now available for downlaod - same link. I'm going to post a new message with a different subject line to alert anyone who downloaded it last night.

waddo

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Is this another Bill Gates V01B - what will the new Windows 9 version look like??? LOL, it always happens when you try to help don't it.

Well done, good spreadsheet and they are not easy to put together I know - now just wait for all the comments on - I deleted Cell H123 because I wanted to call it something else and now nothing works - WHY and its your fault!!!

Lock off as many cells as you can - issue a warning in big red letters - tell everyone you will sue if they change anything - promise death at the hands of an experianced torturer if they try to sell it on - nothing will work, stand by for the moans!!!! Best of luck.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.