North Cyprus Tourist Board - August CTA Flight Visa Refund
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > August CTA Flight Visa Refund

August CTA Flight Visa Refund

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Janzy

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Although I have been a member of this board for some time this is the first time I have ever posted anything. We were suppopsed to fly from Manchester with CTA on Wednesday August 4th. We didn't want to run the risk of missing our long awaited three weeks in Esentepe so we re-booked with Pegasus. Letter from the bank yesterday...Visa have refunded our money.....RESULT!!! So for all of you out there who are waiting for a refund, yes it does happen!

malsancak

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

same for us but we still have not been awarded consequential loses, e.g. Easyjet tickets cost more than we paid for the CTA tickets. Luckily our travel insurance includes £25,000 worth of legal expenses to pursue Barclaycard for travel related matters. At the moment we hope that the ticket refunds were just the first stage of the claim.

Janzy

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Malsancak, we ended up paying around £400 more for the Pegasus flights. At this stage I'm just happy that I'm still able to get out there on Sunday and just hope that nothing silly happens at Ercan. Last year we were hit with a strike on our way home. Good luck with your claim.

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
27/07/2010 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

I paid £397 cash, for jamies flights on aug 2nd with CTA ahhhhhhh so i thought

got a call from Ankara Travel last month and they have managed to get them transfered to AtlasJet same date different times tho (no worries) I am well pleased and many thanks to Ankara Travel in Girne

I must add that i have used Ankara Travel exclusively since 2003 and they have consistently come up trumps during the many crisis of mine and the TRNCs'

millerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Hi, we have just had a letter from Lloyds/TSB Mastercard turning down our request for a refund. They said to contact CTA. I'm about to phone Mastercard, can anyone who has been successful with a refund tell me what they sent to their credit card companies. I sent copies of the Foreign Office webpage, the CAA webpage, CTA's webpage, Atlas Jet's instructions to contact those agents and copies of Atlas Jet's info showing the dates as 'fully booked'.

Thanks, Jacky

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Jacky sorry to here of your plight - did you try one of the Atlas agents for replacement seats? When are you travelling, if not yet then there reason might be there is no dispute as you can't prove lack of service.

John (Playing devils advocate.)

millerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Yes I contacted Direct Traveller who told me there were no flights on my dates. I just contact them again to ask for an e-mail to that effect but they wouldn't do that. We were and are travelling tomorrow, having rebooked on Easyjet once we heard from DT.

Janzy

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Jacky, hi, sorry to hear that you have not been successful. i wrote a covering letter to our bank with a copy of the flight booking receipts and copy of the Civil Aviation Authority's notice confirming that the Airline had been grounded. As Atlasjet could not offer us alternative matching flights (we were flying on a Wednesday from Manchester) we claimed under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, Visa Chargeback Scheme. Visa did, however, state that they may come back to us in the future should there be any issues with the claim, but I believe that this is unlikely as we have done everything to the letter. Good luck, hope this helps.

millerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks, I will tell Mastercard that Visa are better!

Jacky

flightholiday

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Les Jacky Msg 9 :- Its not MasterCard at fault but your bank who are trying to get out of it. Mention Section 75 of the consumer credit act and that should help to resolve it

millerman

Message Posted:
29/07/2010 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Yes, thanks Tom, you're right, it's Lloyds/TSB that replied to me.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.