North Cyprus Tourist Board - Atlastjet versus Pegasus ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Atlastjet versus Pegasus ?

Atlastjet versus Pegasus ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Dena1

Message Posted:
31/07/2010 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi

Has anyone any opinions as to which - Atlasjet or Pegasus - is best please? Would appreciate hearing. Thanks. Dena.

homerj

Message Posted:
31/07/2010 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

I tried atlasjet with my kthy ticket & they didn't answer the phone so I rebooked with pegasus & I had no problems, I would stay away from atlasjet until the problems are sorted out...

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
31/07/2010 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

As Atlas is still an airline with input from TRNC government we will be avoiding like the plague. Would rather go to Larnaca and for those that know me you know what that means to me.

Pegasus excellent. Also try the new service Ercan/Stansted to be operated by Anadalu, THY subsidiary from this week end.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
31/07/2010 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

I always use Pegasus whenever possible however flew to Turkey and back a week or so ago with Atlasjet because of the CTA debacle. No complaints whatsoever. Both planes were roomy and comfortable. For about the first time ever my 6'5" husband was able to sit in a normal seat without his knees round his ears. Because we were only going to Turkey we only had sandwiches and juice but again, it was OK.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
31/07/2010 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Daren Msg 2 - Was that recent?

David Msg 3- To the best of my knowledge Atlas Jet are mainly or wholly owned by Turks not Cypriots. The TRNC govt. would have had no more say or control had Pegasus agreed to help.

The future will be what it will at present Anadolu jet, Pegasus and Atlas are trying to work to "budget" models. I would not assume anything but give them all support. They are a good route to North Cyprus if restrictive in UK departure points.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
31/07/2010 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Tom

The intention is that the replacement for CTA will be a company with 51% TRNC owned and 49% Atlas jet from all the garbage I have read over last couple of months.

With the repossesion of all CTA planes I cannot see this actually unfolding as proposed as Atlas do not have enough to service the old cta routes.

Would like to have seen the reasoning for not allowing Pegasus to take over CTA other than the unions would not accept the Pegasus budget model. Very short sighted and narrow minded when most carriers are going to use this model in the coming years, even BA have accepted this on short flights, less than 2 hours.

Keep up the good work

David

horselover

Message Posted:
01/08/2010 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

flown pegasus before n will later this month.no probs.basic.food shite, so takin packed lunch.as long as i get there, im not askin for first class.

Dena1

Message Posted:
03/08/2010 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Hi

Thank you all for your replies. Appreciate hearing from you. Dena.

malsancak

Message Posted:
03/08/2010 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

The Atlasjet office staff in Girne are excellent. At least with Atlasjet food is included, it's not with Pegasus.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.