North Cyprus Tourist Board - driving directions
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > driving directions

driving directions

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

simma

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Guys, just want to save a little time on lca to esentepe. i think the british base crossing is going to be quicker than the girne road so can any one give me detailed directions, i know the way to esentepe from the junction of the new road but i need directions from lca to border crossing (the one before gazimagusa.

john

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

If you are driving from Larnaca I think the quickest route would be to use the crossing point at Pyla, about 15 min drive from Larnaca.

From Larnaca airport turn left, at second roundabout turn right following signs for A3 Agia Napa, join A3 (right turn), continue until you see sign for Pyla, I think its between junctions 58 & 59 and this will bring you straight to the border.

Once through border continue straight ahead untill you come to DORTYLOL, where you cross the main road from Famagusta to Lefkosia, ypu can't miss a large Mosque at this junction. Go straigt ahead signposted Gecitkale (airport), then after about 10 mins you will come to a T junction, with some sort of electric power staton type structures on your right. Take a right turn here, about 2km there is a large petrol station on your left, turn left here and you are on the new road that takes you all the way to the costal road from Talisu to Kyrenia (20 mins drive) When you have got to where you can see the sea after dropping down the hills, turn left at the first junction, and this will take you directly to Esentepe area.

keith

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 15:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Can anyone tell me the best way to Lefkosia from tatlisu

Cheers Keith

Pipie

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Keith , follow the new road straight along till you come to the bottom , petrol station on you're left .Turn right and carry on till you see signs for Lefkosha . hope this helps .

simma

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

thanks karren

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

OrangeKazzie,

Would agree with you, Pyla/Pile is junction 59. John, don't worry too much when you leave the village as there is a bit of countryside before the crossing point. Once past the crossing point continue straightahead until you reach Dortyol. You will see the Kose Pazar on your right hand side, turn right into the road that runs in front of it and continue up to the roundabout to cross straight over the Famagusta/Lefkosa road. If you miss that turning then you will end up at the Famagusta/Lefkosa road but will have to turn right towards Famagusta and then left towards Gecitkale. It takes around 75-90 minutes that way.

simma

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

thanks eileen

keith

Message Posted:
31/07/2008 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

thank you pipe

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.