North Cyprus Tourist Board - bufavento village, north cyprus - phase one - owners group
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > bufavento village, north cyprus - phase one - owners group

bufavento village, north cyprus - phase one - owners group

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Chief6140

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 06:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 25 in Discussion

Dear Members,

If you own a property in BV Pase One and are concerned about current events, please see Face Book page so we can perhaps get a forum going and sort out all our concerns.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=45345773304#!/group.php?gid=103629159694551&ref=ts

Deniz1

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 25 in Discussion

Sorry to hear that will will be next? Linda phase2

keyholekate

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 15:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 25 in Discussion

We're also sorry to hear that. May I ask why this has happened,presumably it is to do with non payment of fees? If this is the case, Phase 2 will almost certainly be the next to go.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 25 in Discussion

Msg 2 sorry should read will we be next.

michelle3012

Message Posted:
07/08/2010 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 25 in Discussion

Why have D&B pulled out?

brend

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 02:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 25 in Discussion

D & B have run out of money for the site because of the none paying *****s. Why do so many people want to live off the backs of others? The daily mail tells of a family in Anglesey who have 7 kids with one on the way getting £815 a week state handouts. live in a 4 bedroom house with top of the range mod cons, two cars including a Mercedes people carrier and they are insisting that they don't have enough money and are demanding a bigger house!!! The mother says it doesn't bother her that the tax payer is paying for her family. that just about sums it up. Why should they pay when there is always some idiots that will pay for them. How do you get these idiots to pay their share so that the site doesn't get run down? I didn't think the fees were too bad when you hear how much others are paying. It is about £7.50 a week.

Brend

Deniz1

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 06:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 25 in Discussion

We have the same problem on ph2 its the same people who pay every year and sub the rest and we are getting fed up with it. Thought D&B would be better at getting the money paid but obviously they are not.

michelle3012

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 09:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 25 in Discussion

D & B talked a good game on the outset, but they havnt lived upto the promises......NOT A GOOD ADVERT FOR THEIR BUSINESS, all they have done is taken the money and run, not a care in the world!

As for the non-payers they should be ashamed of themselves, b*****y scroungers.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 25 in Discussion

I agree they dont pay for the upkeep on phase1 and then come to phase2 and expect to use our pool for free too. How do they think the pool is kept running by magic? Or maybe they have no brains! We a pool policeman but how would we make it work?

SiLvAqUeEn

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 25 in Discussion

Re message 6, it is not just the non payers fault. 56 PEOPLE PAID, Over £18,000, D& B spent £7,000, on the site and kept £11,000 for their fee. Message 8 states they have took their money and run. How very true, over £11,000, and for what. The pool has never been right since D&B took over. it is often green, many people suffering ear infections, skin rashes. The pool showers didn't work for over 4 months. No new furniture, has been purchased either.

It was also stated on here that the fees were £285pa. The home owners paid £420 each , so someone is putting wrong info up. D&B stated £100 of the extra charge by each payee would be used to buy the desperatly needed furniture / matressess. One can only presume that monies £5,600 has gone to D&B.

Prehaps if people were happy with the service they recieved then they would pay for a job well done. As it stands I can see why 14 people refused to pay.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 25 in Discussion

£285 are the site fees for phase 2

brend

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 25 in Discussion

I think that if you look at the accounts that D & B have sent out you will find that there is still £10,000 outstanding which accounts for 16 who owe the full amount and the rest is people that have part payed.

Brend

KickingK

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 25 in Discussion

Anyone know what is happening on Phase 1?

Apparently some residents are making arrangements for the pool to be cleaned. Is this happening?

I did email D&B but didn't get a very good response. Can't help but think we will be better off without them. Poor excuse if the reason behind all this is that they can't get any funds from the non-payers. They knew this was an issue when they took on the contract. They advertised their company as being able to collect 99% of funds from non-paying residents and taking non-payers to court.

Poor advert for their company.

turnergirl

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 25 in Discussion

When Donaghy and Beyler issued their tender/contract they stated that all non-payers would have legal action taken against them and fines would be issued for not paying their fees on time. They said they had a 99% track record for collecting fees from non-payers. They would set up a website for owners and issue regular newsletters.

THEY SEEMED TO HAVE FAILED ON ALL OF THE ABOVE - NOT A GOOD ADVERT FOR THEIR BUSINESS.

I certainly will not be recommending this company to anyone. They didn't even manage to 'manage' a year but have taken their fees! Enough money to pay themselves for the little they have done. As previous posters have stated there have been no showers in use around the pool, the pool water has been in need of topping up and generally not clean all Summer.

It would be interesting to see if any other sites have experienced such problems with D&B.

KickingK

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 25 in Discussion

Who is running Phase 2 now?

The site always looks lovely, I know you have had your problems in the past with running the site with your own committee, shame as it is one way of saving a huge amount of money.

brend

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 25 in Discussion

Think the main question is HOW DO YOU GET NON PAYERS TO PAY? anybody out there managed it?

And then we've got to sort out either another management company or a commitee from phase one or dare suggest that we join together as one village instead of two halves because from what i can gather they are having same problems with non payers.

Brend

barnaclebill

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 25 in Discussion

Brend

There isn't anything that can be done on Buffavento if the non-payers don't want to pay.If they have the brass-neck to use the pool even when approached there is nothing you can do to make them pay or stop them using the pool.The problem lies with Emtan ,who never included it into the initial contract back in 2004.Karina said something on the face book group page with regard to this been changed,maybe worth a look.I received a E-mail from D&B on the 28th of July after raising concerns about the rumoured closure of the pool on phase 1.I was assured that this was in fact rumour and they had no intentions of doing any such like,yet on the 3rd of Aug received a e-mail saying they were no longer managing the site. BB

turnergirl

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 25 in Discussion

We had the same threat last year with First Consult Cyprus, they were voted out. Thought Donaghy & Beyler would offer their support, not just cut all ties.

Obviously won't be voting them in next year! Can't imagine they are doing themselves any favours for their business. People reading this will surely be put off. Just wonder if any other sites that are currently being run by D&B have experienced similar problems.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 25 in Discussion

Phase 2 is still being managed by D&B at the moment but we are always down at the office giving them hassle. We have just formed a new committee so will have to see what happens. We may have to revert to running it ourselves as before. Its finding people who are willing to do it after all we dont get paid.

the butler

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 25 in Discussion

I don't own a property at Buffevento village but I do own a property on a complex. People need to understand that management companies can only do so much with the money they are getting in. If there are lots of non payers then they cannot provide a service. It costs them the same amount of money, if they are providing a service for 18 paying owners as what it does for 30 paying owners. E.g. pool cleaning, gardeners, communal electric etc. If there are a significant amount of owners who won't pay, then the pools will not get cleaned, the gardens will not get weeded. These companies operate to make a profit and if they are operating at a loss then they have to cut and run. I feel sorry for the owners who are paying but once word gets around that there are non payers on site, you will find it difficult to get anyone to take the site on. As it is virtually impossible to run the site yourselves, I would try finding out why some owners don't pay. Form a committee and quickly.

honestie

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 25 in Discussion

I live on a complex and we all have signed and stamped maintenance contracts a maintenance company who run it for the residents and a representative from the residents commitee which is me!

so far so good but the problems can be the maintenace monies are usually paying for the builders problems surprise surprise.

there is legislation to take none payers to court

the butler

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 25 in Discussion

Hi honestie,

We were in the same position 2 years ago when we managed to break free of the developers management company. Lots of money had to be spent putting right problems that accumulated due to the neglect of the previous management. We now have a fund managed site and all accounts are open for any owner to see where money is being spent. I have learnt that it is impossible to please everyone but if you have a strong committee who are able to priortise the work and they are in regular contact through newsletters and bulitins

then any problems can usually be sorted out. We do have a rule on our site that owners can only purchase water if they are up to date with their fees. I know this will not work for everyone as all sites do not have the same water system as us. I wish the owners at Buffavento every success in dealing with their problems.

The butlers wife

honestie

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 25 in Discussion

I agree and we do ours if water not paid . we are not on mains water but we have fitted meters to each tank and the water bill comes once a month and cut off if not paid. Like yourselves we have full account of everything spent in the budget and a proposal for following years. If you look at the legal questions there is a section re maintenace fees and the law etc .

maintenace on complexes especially large ones is a nightmare nearly as bad as the deeds!

turnergirl

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 25 in Discussion

The butler - we have always had a number of non-payers, many owners wanted Donaghy & Beyler to take on the management of the site on the proviso that they stated in the tender they would take legal action to those non-payers, in newsletters issued by the company they again mention non-payers would be fined for late payments and legal action. Why make these promises if they can't abide to them?

honestie - you mention legislation to take non-payers to court, do you know how to go about this, as some owners rent their properties but still pay no maintenance fee and expect their renters to use the facilties!

It seems to me that it is a no win situation.

honestie

Message Posted:
08/08/2010 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 25 in Discussion

msg 24

if you look on the thresds Its the ones to do with legal questions.If you go into it theres a question about maintenance and non payments. It does say under apartment law nonpayers can be taken to court but I think theres certain things to be adheres to.

how many apts are then on the complex and is there a maintenance contract and a commitee

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.