North Cyprus Tourist Board - Beach pirces
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Beach pirces

Beach pirces

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

turbo

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 07:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 27 in Discussion

If more people made a stink about the entrance fees maybe they will start taking notice. Here is a piece from the Star newspaper, I dont usually read this but , it seems to be trying to do something good here.

To make it work everyone should make a point at the entrance, unless they actually want to use the loungers and umbrellas.

Beaches all over the world are FREE. help stop the rip offs.

http://www.bogaz.info/star/index.php?page=2

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 08:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 27 in Discussion

Quote from CT, Saturday 2nd August -

Under constitution "the ownership of such immovable properties cannot be transfered to any private or corporate bodies under any circumstances.

However, the ownership of immovable properties abandoned by the GC could be transfered to private or corporate bodies.

It is stated in TRNC Constitution that all coasts belong to the state and that ownership cannot be transfered to any any private or corporate body.

However the legislation which deals with the use and inspection of the beaches suggests that there might be beaches and stretches of coastline which are under the ownership of private or corporate bodies".

OK confused!!!!

LA Hotel & Celebrity Hotel in Lapta both own beaches, owned prior to constitution written for TRNC.

It is correct that in most cases the people who charge do provide services and keep the beach clean and that is what you pay for, you are not paying to use "the beach". Think the answer is, you go in a group, take all your own food and drink, beds etc and refuse to pay.

However if you so much as drop litter, use toilet or buy a drink then the providor has every right to charge you a fee. Remember in most other countries toilets, cleaning etc would be provided by the local council or similar. On the beaches here they are not.

Lambousa Gordon

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 27 in Discussion

At the Celebrity, although we own our own waterfront, we do not charge for entrance. We also provide loungers, shades and showers free of charge. However, we do insist that visitors do not bring in food and drinks as we do need to earn so as to be able to maintain the facilities.

simbas

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 27 in Discussion

hi lg , i think that is more than fair ! its sound like a very customer orientated business

simbas

littlenige

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 27 in Discussion

Best not let the rusian chap on this thread gordon , he will have a field day .

Unhappy Buyer

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 27 in Discussion

Lambousa Gordon - have you changed your stance on this recently?

I ask because we stayed in the Celebrity in June 07 and were charged YTL10 each for use of the sunbeds by one of your staff!! This was after we had ordered drinks on the room so he knew we were staying there.

I have to say that we were only charged the once and that was before we met your father, from then on we were not asked for money. (Your Dad may remember us - he swam a few times with my husband Tim).

Lambousa Gordon

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 27 in Discussion

Yes, we changed our entrance policy from today.

Please note though that we reserve the right to refuse admission or to levy a fee on those who unrelentingly pester other customer. A rare occurrence it must be said.

hattikins

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 27 in Discussion

If a beach is kept clean, decent facilities are available such as toilets, snack bars etc and safe and comfortable loungers are provided then I don,t mind at all paying for the use of the same and think it is quite acceptable.

Hattikins

turbo

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 27 in Discussion

According to the Coast Protection act,people must not be hindered to endter 100 meters of coastline, and must not be charged for this.

If the law is the same as the rest of the world, no one can own any beach upto 100 meters from the waters edge.

Read the story. http://www.bogaz.info/star/index.php?page=2

aslan

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 27 in Discussion

I agree that the beaches belong to the people and that unless we use facilities offered we should not pay a charge, if I was to wonder on to Brighton beach and use a deck chair then I will expect to pay for it.

Think yourselves lucky that the charge is between 10-20YTL, try the KayaArtemis beach and expect to pay 75YTL including lunch and as much as you can drink *during lunch* it will be interesting to see if the laws will apply to the 300million dollar turkish businessmen venture capital site at Bafra, or will the authorities turn a blind eye?!

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 27 in Discussion

Why would you want to use the Kaya Artemis beach when the public beack which ios just as good is only yards away

aslan

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 27 in Discussion

As a member of the general public why shouldn't I use any part of the beach freely, I thought that was what the thread was about or are you suggesting a two tier rich and poor beach availability system?

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 27 in Discussion

aslan

My reading is that you may use any beach freely unless actually owned in accordance with TRNC constitution as I stated above.

Turbo turk is wrong to suggest all beaches "world wide" are free to use!!!! Try many in Spain, Greece and much of Far East and see what happens.

There is no 2 tier but if you wish to make use of facilities on any beach then you must expect to pay for them.

turbo

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 27 in Discussion

Thats what I said, "if you use facilty" expect to pay,, beaches are free, if they have been commandeered by a corrupt government that is another story.

It is normal to pay for services anywhere.

turbo

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 27 in Discussion

Thats what I said, "if you use facilty" expect to pay,, beaches are free, if they have been commandeered by a corrupt government that is another story.

It is normal to pay for services anywhere.

aslan

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 27 in Discussion

Someone either can't read a whole thread or thinks we are stupid. SO THE BOTTOM LINE IS ANY MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC CAN USE THE VAST MAJORITY OF BEACHES FOR *FREE* AND EXPECT TO PAY A CHARGE IF THEY USE ANY FACITLIES PROVIDED BY THE BEACH CLUB/ FRANCHISE/OWNER I don't think it can be made any clearer than that and in all respects it is not effing rocket science!!!

bradus

Message Posted:
04/08/2008 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 27 in Discussion

Hubby and I tried to get on Diana beach earlier this year. We did not wish to use their facilities simply wanted to see what the nearest beach to our apartment was like. We did not even have towels or bathing costumes. Refused access after being told 5ytl each to get on the beach and 10ytl if having a sunbed.

Told this is a private beach and to allow access it is 5ytl each. Paid the money but then had a quick look round and noticed all sunbeds ripped and filthy. Hugh piles of seaweed attracted flies and we therefore spent the grand total of 10 minutes.

Judging by what we saw it was like an assualt course getting into the sea to swim because of the sharp rocks underfoot.

Will not be visiting again.

However I am happy to pay at Apaculco because of the excellent service provided and the cleanliness of the beach. If the TRNC truely wants to encourage holiday makers, particularly family holidays this is an area that needs addressing. I must say the beach near the Merit hotel is suberb and I think this is free.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
05/08/2008 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 27 in Discussion

Come to east coast beutiful beaches , deserted stretches of unsploit golden sands, bring your own mat and umbrella, absolutely free.

bradus

Message Posted:
05/08/2008 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 27 in Discussion

Agree Pilgrim,

the east coast certainly runs rings round the beaches in Girne.

turbo

Message Posted:
05/08/2008 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 27 in Discussion

shhh. please keep that a secret...

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
05/08/2008 07:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 27 in Discussion

i have several times used escape beach ,enetered down the steps ate the side of the dive centre and brought my own "deck chairs or towell".i have never been asked for money .

i have allways eaten and drank there over the day and probably spent 60ytl minimum on food and drink each time ,so everybody wins .

i dont use front entrance as this is the facility they provide .

the staff are fantastic down there ,i lost my camera on last trip at the end of holiday ,all the 2 weeks pictures as well as stages of property we had taken .

i went and visited on the off channce and described where i was sat and what make and colour etc ,then they pulled the camera out .i had to force 5oytl tip on them for their honesty .

kav

jakki

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 27 in Discussion

I just want to add to my tuppence worth - what really, really annoys me is when smokers use the beach as an ashtray!!! We haven't tried any beaches yet in NC - but we will be searching around for the perfect beach when we take possession of our villa in September (east side thank goodness!). I did read on one thread once about a beach that had huts on stilts. In Barbados ALL beaches are public, just wander through the posh hotels and use the beach, noone can say a word. But please all you smokers out there, please dispose of your cigarette ends responsibly, noone wants to sit in or lie in an ashtray.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 27 in Discussion

Cigarette ends I can live with, at least they're biodegradable.

What I hate on public beaches is the amount of smashed beer bottles, water bottles and plastic waste, even on 'turtle' beaches, which mostly seem to be left by locals.

Many public beaches have very little in the way of regularly collected refuse bins or signs about littering.

That sounds a bit 'grumpy' ex-pat, but needs addressing if tourism is to flourish with repeat visits and reccomendations.

rob

jakki

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 27 in Discussion

Perhaps then somebody could put up a sign in Turkish and English saying "TAKE YOUR LITTER HOME" - it's not hard is it?????

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 27 in Discussion

jakki

Gosh! What a brilliant idea!

I'm sure the NC Tourist Board will act on that! :-(

Sorry, bit sarcastic,... but it's more of an education thing for Turks and TC's and their local services.

I do wonder what the superb beaches to the East will look like in a few years if they don't adopt proactive policies now to keep this beautiful island beautiful!

rob

kyrenia007

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 27 in Discussion

I totally agree, it infuriates me to see our beautiful beaches spoiled by rubbish, especially on Mondays after the weekend rush. In time things will improve, they have already improved over the years in many ways. I remember the litter campaigns in the UK back in the 80's when it was a big problem in England too - Northern Cyprus is simply playing catch-up. On some of the Turkish Cypriot TV channels I have seen quite a few programs discussing the negative impact of litter to the environment and tourism. This information needs to sink in.

Speeding used to be a massive problem too but with the introduction of speed cameras and fines people have started to take notice. The threat of litter fines may be a step in the right direction too..

jakki

Message Posted:
06/08/2008 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 27 in Discussion

I don't mind paying for facilities - I haven't actually visited any of the beaches yet - but if fines are the answer then that's a good idea to start with - fines usually do make people stop and think.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.