North Cyprus Tourist Board - Lost luggage with Pegasus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Lost luggage with Pegasus

Lost luggage with Pegasus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
05/09/2010 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Our friends arrived with Pegasus last night but only 1 of their suitcases arrived with them! They had to disembark at Istanbul and catch a later flight to Ercan. They were told at Stansted that their luggage will be automatically transferred.

They said there were more couples that got off with them and caught the later flight but they all received their luggage. The went to speak to a guy at Ercan but he wasn't at all helpful. They later found the lost luggage office (with the help of their taxi driver) but their case wasn't there.

Is there a helpdesk or something they can check with at Istanbul to see if their case was offloaded there?

They were charged £40 excess baggage too!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Linda

Groucho

Message Posted:
05/09/2010 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

We flew with them to Istanbul recently and the bag with all my wife's clothes somehow got left behind. We reported it to lost luggage who took all our details including the hotel we were staying at. Next day the bag turned up at the hotel much to my wife's relief. How they lost it in the first place is a bit of a mystery.

If they left the address of where they are staying in NC the bag should be forwarded.

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
05/09/2010 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks Groucho. I do hope so x

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Yippee. Our friends luggage has finally turned up. Well done Pegasus. They can now enjoy their holiday

Jeannie

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Linnyloos - so pleased your friends' luggage has turned up safe and sound.

Whilst we're on the subject, it's always amazed me why a couple travelling together would put 'his' clothes in one case and 'hers' in another. If the packing was distributed between the two cases, i.e. some of 'hers' and 'his' mixed in the cases, if one case was lost, at least there would be clothes, etc. for both in the (hopefully) 'unlost' case. Of course, I appreciate that 'her' stuff would take up twice the amount of room as 'his' but you get my drift

oceana

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Linnyloos. These situations always happen, if they kept a report about what the bag looked like..... then, they will begin the search between stations. It will be found. It may take a week, or less, it depends. Normally the bags are always found.

Linnyloos

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Jeannie msg 5

Yes they did that luckily enough but it was the largest suitcase that went missing and they were left with the smallest. They at least packed his and hers shorts / teeshirts in it. At least they had something until the other one turned up.

Oceana msg 6

They had their suitcases labelled well with contact details etc and also quite a noticable case. It must have just been offloaded at Istanbul and missed.

All in all a great result from Pegasus and a very good friend of ours chasing it up. Thanks Inan x

oceana

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Yes, tag numbers are very important, never loose them and also check if the one behind your boarding card matches the one on your suitcase, because sometimes it can be tagged wrongly by the man who takes the suitcases(e.g: your tag number may be stuck on somebody elses suitcase and if you loose yours then the tag number you hold will not help to find your bag because you tag number that matches has been stuck on to someone elses bag) and it often happens when the check-in desk is very busy and the suitcases are waiting around the check-in desk to be sent to the plane. Like you said it was probably offloaded in Istanbul, the only way they can the bags is through label number so never loose it otherwise there will be no chance in finding your bags

keithr

Message Posted:
07/09/2010 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Now if only they could run somewhere near to their published schedule ????

That would be nice......

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.