North Cyprus Tourist Board - Shayna Beach- Manhattans
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Shayna Beach- Manhattans

Shayna Beach- Manhattans

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

itfc1978

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Manhattans were great.

I like rock so thats a compliment

As for the venue extremly disappointing

and a first, the service was so bad we never actually got our meal

We should have ordered a takeaway fom Happy Valley.

It would have been edible and served within a reasonable time frame

For a venue with internaional asperations you were a bloody disgrace

Whoever was responsible for that shambles should be ashamed

I hope Saturday will be a whole lot better

CJtill

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

totally agree

spider

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 01:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

We had a fantastic evening and would do it all again..We went for the show and did not stop dancing What do you expect for 35ytl and a very busy venue.

Spider,X

susanstrud

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 01:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

We had to wait a long time for our meal but it was delicious and worth the wait.The Manhattans were great.

Overall it was well worth it and we would go to this venue again-the waiters worked very hard

regards Sue.

doughnuts40

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 08:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

We were also there. The Manhattans were fantastic and the food was delicious. Good value at £15 I would say! Service was a bit slow at the bar initially but overall great evening had by all. Thought Shayna was a great venue for the show. Well done to Shayna Management, Staff and Children in Need for organising it.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 08:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

We enjoyed the show and hubby actually danced - now thats something in itself but in our opinion the service was shambolic, well done for organising the event but your staff need to be prepared

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 08:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

I have to agree with ITFC. The Manhattans were fantastic but the service was shambolic at times.

Whilst I appreciate that the venue was very busy, having to wait nearly 2 hours for your main course after having had your starter is not good service. We were not the only ones, as tables adjacent to us had a similar wait. The venue knew how many people they had coming to the event (we even had to let them know what food we had ordered in advance) so being 'busy' is no excuse - they should have employed more staff.

Spider - We also went for the show and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, we also went for a meal and regardless of the price, expected decent service from an 'upmarket' venue. Alas, the service was extremely lacking on this occasion. Perhaps I am being cynical, but there didn't appear to be a shortage of waiters taking orders for drinks, whereas waiters serving food were in extremely short supply.

Paul

MotoMoto

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Hi everyone

Delighted everyone enjoyed the Manhattans, however, comments regarding food service are valid. We briefed the mangement at considerable length what to expect and they assured us all food service would be completed by 9pm....

They lost money by having insufficient staff behind the bar, and excaerbated their food service problems by providing a la carte menu to 'regular'customers and friends

You can lead a horse to water etc....

Laurence

ShaynaBeach

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Thanks for your comments. I want to mention something. You may complain about the speed of service and the quality of food. I can understand this.

But the comments like ''Other people around us were getting served, especially the locals, but we were totally ignored'' and ''I am sure the 'regulars' and friends who ate a la carte at the back of the restaurant did not wait 2 hours between courses...'' are not good words and not true. The two tables at upstairs had their main course at about 23:00 after all our customers came for Manhattans had their food.

At 22:00 All of our customers for Manhattan had their main course. We may be half an hour late for some our customers. I apologize from them. But to serve 3-course menu with 3 choices each, for 200 people in 2 hours from 20:00 to 22:00 is not too much time as the food are not pre-made. And I have to mention one more time that we do not do any discrimination between our customers. You are all important for us.

Best regards.

spider

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

I must say something with regards to the organizers not letting everyone know that there was an option with regards to a choice of food on the night..ie; Set menu or a la carte menu this I find to be very bad practice..On speaking to some people today they were very happy with their a la carte food and service, Seems to me that its not what you get told more like who you know, how you know and what friends you have.. )

Spider,X

Bernies

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

it really is easy NEVER NEVER eat at an organised event in trnc they see it as an excuse to rip you off or they just can not organise and it ends up spoiling the night for many people.

Bernies

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

continued

to try to serve a 3-course menu with 3 choices each, for 200 people in 2 hours is foolhardy I would say nigh on impossible in trnc.

to get it right and serve the food hot would take at least 6 qualified chefs and god knows how many staff in trnc.

god loves a tryer

well done on setting the event up ShaynaBeach.

EXPECT to be disappointed at events trnc

if by some weird accident you are not then TOP BONUS eh ??

spider

Message Posted:
23/09/2010 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

The very strange this is I always thought that an a la cart menu is more expensive than a set menu but it seems that last night it was the other way round too..What a terrible shame but at least we know now for another time and maybe the event organisers will make it clear too. Honest is the best policy.would have been nice to know !

Spider,X

parkview

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 08:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Spider, We held an event the evening before at the rocks for 272 people who all got served within the hour (3 courses) food was excellent and so was service as per our last 8 events with the rocks.

We the event organisors were not involved in anyway with the seating or food side of things at Shanya, we did recommend to Deniz that a set menu was the only way to go as they wanted to do a la carte, we also suggested plently of bar and waiting staff, which obvioulsy was not the case as we were told people were waiting an hour for their first drink order. We informed everyone that brought tickets from us that if they wanted a seat on the evening the only way this was possible is if they booked a meal direct with Shayna and that the tickets for the Manhattans were entrance only. I agree that to serve 200 people within an hour when they have a choice is near impossible but Deniz assured me that they had done this before for more people and that food service would be over by 9:15.

parkview

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

I think its a shame for the venue as it would have been a wonderful way to have showcase themselves and it is a lovely setting. On the bright side though I will say that people that I talked to who did get there food be it a little late said it was very good.

CJtill

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

I thought the Shayna was only open to ticket holders on the Manhattans night and the only option was a set meal. So who were these people that were eating a la carte? Did they have a ticket? No wonder the kitchen couldn't cope.

parkview

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

It was only open to ticket holders but the owner had 18 friends and family sitting at the back of the restaurant I think that's who had a la carte, but in fairness we can't confirm this. The only option should have been the set meal.

I would like to say a big thank you to Amanda who most of you know was not working for Shayna Beach Club anymore but offered to come and help the charity on that night seating people as she originally took most of the bookings and was worried about people not getting seated. She got a lot of abuse that night from angry customers regarding late food service which was not her responsibility. If it had not been for all help on the night it would have been impossible to seat everyone, so thank you once again Amanda.,

spider

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

I would like to say a big thank you to all who organized this event, and worked hard on the night too. all feedback is good for the future. Good luck Amanda, We were very happy with our night out and understanding of the food situation too. Well done and the venue was very nice, We will be back.

Spider,X

flopsie

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

I was the party on the table on the balcony in the restaurant and I can confirm what Shayna have said... we were served shortly after 9pm. We have been to Shayna many times before, including the opening night. I thought the service last night was really improved! We had a waitress called 'Naz' and I cannot sing her praises enough, she kept us plied with drinks all night. The food was delicious (and this coming from a previous restaurant owner in UK)!! and the price for the whole night, ie show, 3 course meal and enough drinks to sink the Titanic was 115TL - WELL DONE SHAYNA - keep improving in this way and you will become a top venue!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.