North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus VILLA not on KOCANI
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus VILLA not on KOCANI

North Cyprus VILLA not on KOCANI

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Bufferington

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

I'm trying to sell and the estate agent has pointed out that my deeds are not in order. The land is OK but my deeds show "Lemon Orchard" where it should show "3 bedroomed villa etc"

I bought 9 years ago and have spoken with the builder who assures me the property was properly registered but noone knows where the paperwork is let alone The Green File.

I believe this can be corrected for about £500 and maybe 6 months.

Before engaging someone to sort this out, is there some ground work I can achieve?? I will be starting with no paperwork at all except for the deed.

I assume a visit to The Land Registry Office is the starting point - my understanding is that this is situated in between the Post Office and Law Courts in Girne??

I'd be very grateful for any advice.

Quarmby

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

There is no reason why your property cannot be sold just because the house has not been registered on the kocan. This was comfirmed by Elko a while back.

Bufferington

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Yes agree, some arrangement that involved withholding £K2 of the sale money until the deeds are sorted out was mooted by the estate agent. Unfortunately the buyer pulled out but I still need to update the deeds.

scruff

Message Posted:
24/09/2010 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

I wasn't aware that it was obligatory to put the house on the tltle deed for the land? I totally sure that many TCs never bother. Maybe it's the Estate Agent that needs changing?

It's a great pity they were not so fussy in the past, when they would sell anything to earn their commission, knowing full well that there would be problems, later.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
25/09/2010 09:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

You will find more and more advocates are insisting on the property being put on the Kocan, especially

the advocates acting for the purchasers, suddenly they are doing their jobs properly. I really would

advise anyone to do it themselves, see HBPG for guidance. The amount sugggested by the purchasers

advocate to be deducted from the sale price in order for the sale to proceed is far in excess of what it

actually costs, so if you want to sell and want a quicker transaction when you find a purchaser (good luck)

get it done now.

Bufferington

Message Posted:
27/09/2010 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Went to the KAYMAKAMLIK today armed with my Kocan and map showing my plot of land - that's all I have - no Green File etc.

As reported elsewhere, they were very helpful and not very busy on a Monday morning. His computer came up with something and he was able to produce a register with my details i.e. Green File Number and Building Registration Number.

I told him I was trying to get the building recorded on the Kocan and he told me that I needed to apply for 'Final Approval' which involves a site visit. He also drafted me a letter to apply for this approval.

I went away for half an hour and returned to submit my letter with a copy of the present Kocan attached.

He wouldn't be drawn on when the site inspection might be so we will have to see whether the talk of 6 months + is the norm!!

So far it has been simple!! - straightforward and quick. Also, I haven't been asked for any money so far.

Only time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alig8aBytes

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Bufferington,

Where is the kaymakamlik please, Girne, ?

blade

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

I think its probably a planning issue. If the kochan is not showning the house, how do they know its been signed off?

A friend of ours has had a similar problem, he never put the house onto the kochan and now wants to sell.

The house is not built as in the plans because the builder at the time hit rock and decided to work around the origional plan. now they won't sign it off until he gets a correct plan. Hence he can't sell until its sorted out which could take ages.

Bufferington

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Reply to 7

The KAM is in a large, smart, modern building next to the hospital. If you are driving you have to go around the back.

Coming out of Girne, leave the Law Courts/Post Office on your left and after about 50 yards there is a left hand turn with a small Kam signpost. Take this and keep bearing right. There is an equally smart tax office and beyond that the Kam with its own car park.

If walking just go past the hospital and there is an entrance to the Kam car park which has bollards to prevent cars entering this way.

The desk you want is straight ahead when you go in the entrance. Very simple - just a counter and a computer and no doubt lots of filing cabinets out of sight but very helpful staff who speak enough English to get by.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
28/09/2010 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

My guess is that you will probably have to pay an architect to re-draw the house - that'll be the next thing.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.