North Cyprus Tourist Board - BEWARE: On-line Cyprus VILLAS SCAMS
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > BEWARE: On-line Cyprus VILLAS SCAMS

BEWARE: On-line Cyprus VILLAS SCAMS

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

swannee7

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Think this applies to both North and South Cyprus. Its come up briefly before on CY44, but the international fraud people have confirmed serious cases of fraud scams involving renting & buying of NON-EXISTENT villas. The scammers apparently often use legitimate website info to create their own sites and contact details. Other countries in the Med have also fallen prey to these thieves but Cyprus listed. Prospective buyers/holiday tenants have paid over thousands of £s, received maps for their destinations, photos etc., and turned up - to discover their dream villa doesn't even exist or is real but not for sale or rent. Guidelines were suggested to protect future enquirers but no real hard and fast safeguards. Seems to be a case of check, double check, contact neighbours, letting/sales agents for the area, and check again. This will play absolute havoc with the sales and rental markets on the island. So sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Pugwash

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Mainly the South but if I am correct this scam was perpetuated from LONDON not Cyprus, stand to be corrected if wrong though.

swannee7

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Pugwash: It may involve London but I got the impression scams were generated throughout Europe. Cyprus (north & south) was one of the 'hot countries' on scammers' hit list. swannee

Scoty

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

no wonder with so many gullible people around. have you heard about the one where ' I was told my villa was finished - sold up and moved here! oops it wasn't'

Enough said

Lazy days

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hello Peeps,

This was well reported on 13th Sept on http://www.glencoecyprus.com forum there were over 70 seperate transactions involved and they are being investigated by the Met, it was also mentioned on here last week I believe

Hope this helps

http://glencoecyprus.com/glencoeforum/viewtopic.php?f=48t=719

rowlo

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

your links dont work msg5 you need to be a member , if the met are investigating ,you must be on the wrong forum , this is TRNC , not ROC ?

Harold2555

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Rowlo

If the scam was being carried out in London renting villas that didn't exist in North Cyprus or indeed anywhere then the Met would investigate wouldn't they?

Harold

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
29/09/2010 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

this is not anything new ,it,s mostly orchestrated from the uk ,about 8 years ago i saw an advert on the net about hotel rooms at salamis for sale with good rental income ,got intrested ,but decided to wait and look at the rooms when i got to cyprus .

suprise ,suprise ,just a scam no one knew anything about it .

musin

long live the kktc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.