North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turquoise bay response
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turquoise bay response

Turquoise bay response

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

johndp

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 180 in Discussion

As I cannot defend myself on the thread conveniently closed by the mods.

Please be advised that what I stated is true on the closed thread, pipie was not banned from the other board, in fact they opened another private forum for her to make positive suggestions for a way forward, however it degenerated into another slanging match there as well, then she was banned, she can still post as her other name and fine she knows it, oh yes pipie, the person who criticises others for double ID'S is in fact one herself, oh sorry its her daughter, yeah right !!.

The plain fact of the matter is that pipie has slandered people for too long and now the birds are coming home to roost, and she doesn't like it, people are not lying here, and if she is so honest and upright let her answer the straight questions asked

johndp

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 180 in Discussion

May I also say in my defence that I did not mention the other forum by name, but pipie did 3 times, simple fact is that her nose is out of joint because the other board wont let her start any of her nonsense on there, slavering on about a company that was sold on well over a year ago, a point lost on her

fosterscan

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 180 in Discussion

Johndp can you not sit down and talk to pipie ,as many owners as possible ,and some one from the mc to resolve the issue of non payers. Do you really need 3 pools short term are there not better thing to spend the money on to improve the site.The better the site the more non payers will pay up. Are any owners resident that wish to live on a clean tidy site that could do a little here and there.I can see how the titles of the threads can be annoying when you consider them untrue but you need to move forward together.just mho from the outside

johndp

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 180 in Discussion

Thanks again fosterscan, and some of us really wish that could be the case, however those of us who paid from day 1 in July 2008 have subsidised the non payers to date, the last m/c did a good job under more trying circumstances than the present one, they were thanked by the majority of the people, but as is human nature when they said they couldnt carry on because there were too many non payers and pulled out, they suddenly became villains to a few disaffected people who jumped on a bandwagon and started to castigate them relentlessly, one in particular & it does not take a rocket scientist to work out who that is.

The crux of the matter is that there is insufficient information forthcoming, and the committee that has been formed is not democratically elected, nor is it seen to be active in its efforts to get things moving, little has been acchieved in the past 16 months and the fund continually shows a defecit, and the website is to say the least, basic

mint1955

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 180 in Discussion

Sounds like you have trouble makers on TQB as we do on SWB that no matter what they continue their attacks and bullying.

johndp

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 180 in Discussion

Yes mint 1955 we are aware of that problem and the people behind it as well, funny, small world isn't it

Funny thing though - (have to be careful here) lets say on X board a certain gentleman who used to run a small company, was asked by a poster recently to give an honest appraisal of TQB, and do you know ? he didn't run down anybody or any business on the complex, instead he gave a reasoned and rational description of everything on the complex, so you see there is some good being done

fosterscan

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 180 in Discussion

johndp I have just read the full story on 44properties and the posts about this site

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/14984.asp explains alot

it is a large site so i can now see what a massive task it would be to sort out.pools,spa,sauna it would take a strong properly elected mc to sort out with the law behind them.

billybob

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 180 in Discussion

Mess 4 your message about the disinfected people i saw a letter and it was disgusting how anybody could put there name to yon, it should have been disinfected right enough lol

simbas

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 180 in Discussion

Hi Johndp , Thread conveniently closed by mods ??? . I can assure you there was nothing sinister about the closure of the thread . Rule 3 , There is so obviously something going on with Pipie yourself and a few others , can you not sort it out off board . If i see that a thread is becoming unpleasant , i will close it .

Simbas

mint1955

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 180 in Discussion

Hi Johndp, Small world indeed although trying very hard to find anything 'funny' about the bullies. They don't even have the decency to pay their fees.

the butler

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 180 in Discussion

Whilst you have non payers, you will always have problems on a complex. Any management company cannot carry out proper management & Maintenance when not everyone is putting in the pot. The site will slowly fall into disrepair and who will want to rent or buy on a run down site? Take a ride up to Forest Golf & Beach & see what can be achieved when all owners pay and all owners pull together. It is your investment that is at stake, it is no good just leaving it all to the management company, you all need to call a general meeting and get your voices heard. Work out a strategy for moving forward, prioritise the work needed to be done and work together to achieve this. Start by taking the non payers to court, there is a new law out that says they have to pay, regardless whether they bought for pure investment or not.

The butlers wife

Arnold

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 180 in Discussion

Sinbas, a bit unfair mentioning pipies name when pipies not even posted on here

Arnold

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 180 in Discussion

johndp it sticks out like a sore thumb you are hounding pipie. i have been on glencoe's forum and they are hounding this pipie on there too.

pipie, if i were you i would leave these to their games.

Arnold

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 180 in Discussion

the butler, not strictly true, you can only take someone to court if you have a proper legally elected management company. The problem we have is there are quite a few managment companies managing sites that have not been legally voted in therefore you cannot sue a non payer. you need to read the law properly

breezyboy

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 180 in Discussion

Hi Arnold,

You appear to be the president of the Pipie appreciation society.

The boot is on the other foot old chum. Read it all not just one side of it!

the butler

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 180 in Discussion

Arnold I agree and this is the first thing that they need to do, form an elected committee. I have been on other threads and explained how this is done. It is then up to the elected committee to put tenders out for management companies. All owners then need to read the responses and they then choose which management company they want to run the site. This takes time and effort by somebody and I know from experience that on most sites there is a lot of apathy from some owners. If you chip away at this little by little you start to achieve things. A monthly newsletter is a big help, this way all owners know what is going on and they have the chance to agree or disagree. Instead of all the fighting, chanel this energy into moving the site forward. You will always get some owners who think they know best and who will object but it is the majority who carry any vote.

johndp

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 180 in Discussion

Arnold you have been rumbled as a bit of a stirrer/imposter, we know - just stick your oar in and poke the fire, we are not talking about the marina or any of your problems, conceived or otherwise, nice to see in mess 12 where your sympathies lie and in mess 13 care to elaborate on where said person is being hounded with topics or posts - or is this just the figment of an over imaginative imagination, your mess 14 getting close to truth and more factual, the present M/C was foisted on the residents without even so much as a by your leave, as was the committee, but each to their own, keep stoking the dying embers, justice will prevail, against the odds.

Still await the answers to the questions asked just to keep on topic.

Simbas, in whose opinion was the thread becoming unpleasant ??, we were only trying to get at the truth, pity you were not all as alert in the past

It is now becoming obvious even to those with dim vision where the problem lies, and it is in your power to stop

billybob

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 180 in Discussion

Can I ask a question here without getting involved in dirty dancing or a war of words, why pipie dont you just answer the questions straight or apologise for not really knowing the facts , and move on, not backing you or anybody else here just if you have nothing to hide or no axe to grind it should be easy to answer the questions, or simpley say you were out of your depth and time for somebody else to get it on.

FAIR IS IT NOT !!!!!!!

billybob

Message Posted:
08/11/2010 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 180 in Discussion

Cmon simbas message 9 after 3 silly posts havin a laff, you couldnt wait to get it closed, could ya

Lazy days

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 08:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 180 in Discussion

Butler message 16,

I agree with everything you say in your message and this is what a number of us have been saying for quite a long time now, but it is falling on deaf ears.

The immediate problem is, there is a committee in situ that was put there by the M/C without any proper consultation with the owners.

The fear is that on this committee there are individuals/an individual that now wants the present M/C to be given a five year contract, bearing in mind this M/C was once again put in place by the developers, not the owners, if this is successful it would then mean that come what may the complex has to accept that this M/C is in place for 5 years with impunity.

It has to be noted now though that nobody is saying that the present M/C may not be capable, given the right working conditions, however no M/C can work properly whilst there are so many non paying owners, and as on most complexes, a certain few snipers with personal agenda's.

simbas

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 08:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 180 in Discussion

Hi Billybob , why couldn't i wait to get it closed ? explain yourself please , i'm sure we all would like to know

Simbas

sienna

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 180 in Discussion

firstly I do not want to get embroiled into any personal arguements here.

Lazy days message 20 If the committee are not in place by way of a proper constitution and election then owners can call an EGM/AGM and get a properly elected committee

Once this has been done you hold a tender process and appoint an appropiate MC to look after the site. I agree a five year contract is a long time unless you put privisos in so the contract can be reviewed annually and notice given if they are not fullfiling their obligations

If the current committee and MC have not followed the process by the 'new law' which you have said in the past you are conversant with, then the above is the sites starting point.

If there are many non-payers once you have done all of the above the management or individual owners can take the non-payers to court.

No Mc can fully maintain or manage a site with a lot of non-payers

BillyB

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 180 in Discussion

I can't wait for this one to be closed down aswell! Its the same old record being played as many other threads they start or hijack. The funniest thing is that pipie and lazy days don't even own apartments on the site.

So your site is lacking in funds to improve the funds you need to get more buyers in to purchase the unsold properties or the ones that investors have purchased. Now if I was a potential purchaser doing my research on Cyprus44 after looking at the many threads about TQB I would not go near the place due to the unbelievable ammount of t#ssers in a condensed area! My heart goes out to any normal people that have purchased there.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 180 in Discussion

Hi Sienna,

Many thanks for that, yes as you say, owners can do this, however the great difficulty is transparency, so that ALL can see the process, there is no use sending out an e-mail and giving people 7 days to respond (as happened last time), in my opinion after an initial e-mail or other communication a second one should be sent two weeks later, then ALL should be asked to propose candidates who then should be asked if they would be willing to accept a position on the committee, and what sets them out from the rest as to their abilities to make decisions on behalf of owners, when the list of candidates is drawn up, then EVERYONE should be given a voting slip which should be returned within a certain time frame.

When a committee is in place then a tender process can begin.

Unfortunately (and I dislike having to keep harping back to this, and I wish I didn't have to) there are deeper issues involved on the particular site, which some people just cant or wont accept

cont

Lazy days

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 180 in Discussion

After over two and a half years things are no further forward, the last M/C were making inroads into certain situations that we cannot discuss on here, the present M/C are in a similar position, but had to start from a launch pad that had been put back to the very beginning AGAIN, if you can read what I am saying, sorry if it sounds a bit cloak & dagger but it is the situation, the constant sniping from certain quarters has only been helping to fuel the fires and play into the hands of some, the only unfortunate thing that happened in the whole sorry saga is that the last M/C got fed up with the continual barrage from a disaffected owner whose honour was supposedly offended by you know who, nothing at all to do with the quality of services being provided.

sienna

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 180 in Discussion

following the due process is the only way forward, differences, difficulties and past history have to be put to one side by all concerned, in the best interests of the site.

There is a new law although not YET tried and tested in the courts, but it will be followed if there is a test case.

It is for any complex sites the only way forward to get things right, after all surely that is what the aim would be for any complex ... to abide by the law and fullfull obligations both by all the owners and the Management Company in the best interest of the site(s) If owners dont move on the site never will.

Pipie

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 180 in Discussion

Until owners have the deeds the site still belongs to the developer and only certain things can move forward

However that means that owners then only have certain obligations.

Of course there is no reason why T/B cannot have an elected committee.

And I see no reason why the standing committee should not agree to that either. We have to remember that these owners put them selves forward and this is a good start.

The concerns I have is that all this talk has not been discussed with the present M/C or the present standing in committee.

In order to move forward the present M/C and the acting committee should be included in any talks and this is not happening .

All that is happening is a group of owners and non owners are having in discussians amongs them selves without going through the proper channels.

Until any suggestions are put in writing to the present M/C and committee, nothing will move forward.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 10:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 180 in Discussion

And unfortunately a little mole told us who wrote the script, they would be better off posting themselves, people are not stupid lol

sienna

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 180 in Discussion

I don't think it makes a difference now whether you have your deeds or not you are the contractual owners and the same process applies

Chegwin

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 180 in Discussion

Msg 28.

I thought it odd that it made sense.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 180 in Discussion

Hi Sienna in your opinion how could people restore parity on the site, so that all have paid the same amount into the pot commensurate with the time they have owned since handover in 2008, if all these monies were to hand there would be no deficit and things just might improve for the better

Pipie

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 180 in Discussion

sienna.

legally I do think holding the deeds is a major factor you still have to take into consideration.

However yes being a contactual owner obviously gives you certain rights.

But in all honesty as I have said talks have not been entered into between developer/M/C or the present acting committee on T/B, so in a nutshell it is unfair to say much more until talks commence.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 180 in Discussion

Message 27 final paragraph says it all really, it would seem that minds have already been made up !!

Final paragraph in message 32 is also very contradictory to the communications owners have all received, owners were led to believe that talks between the M/C & the developers had commenced in November 09 as to a way forward, an e-mail was sent out to all owners some considerable time ago by One of the committee members informing that talks were progressing well and that the M/C were doing a great job, are we now being told that this is indeed not the case

johndp

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 180 in Discussion

I cant believe what I am reading here pipie youre now admitting here quote "talks have not been entered into between developer/m/c or the present acting committee" unquote This is quite incredible that this is being said to us now after all this time, the admission is read by me as NOTHING has progressed despite all the sanctimonious posturing having been done over the past 15 months, incredible !!!

And it would appear that it is now the 'acting' committee once again, were the acting committee not replaced by the present one a year ago ??

Pipie

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 180 in Discussion

Has an owner on this thread put these concerns directly to the present M/C ?

Has any owner on this thread put there concerns diectly to present acting committee ?

johndp

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 180 in Discussion

Message 35 - simple answer - yes,

Last response to you

Lazy days

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 180 in Discussion

Maybe people are tired of waffle did that never cross anybodys mind.

I can see now what may have been giong on, it would seem that information is not freely available but has to be requested individually, meaning that different people could in effect be getting different information, after all, there were allegedly amendments made to some other information recently.

The chair of the 'acting committee' has access to the private forum so knows the concerns of the people posting there.

I think this will be my final dialogue with pipie, in my opinion she has said more than enough in her last few posts to highlight the problems that exist, maybe now others who were quick to defend might care to take stock

Message 34 sums the feelings up

Pipie

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 180 in Discussion

Lazy days johndp.

There is no way you have any intentions on moving forwards as we all can see. All we hear is you going back over old ground. You must learn to realise that Glencoe is in the past.

However please keep to your promise and not enter anymore in dialogue with me at least we agree on that one.

johndp

Message Posted:
09/11/2010 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 180 in Discussion

The woman is obsessed !!!!, once again she brings up the name she is so consumed by hatred that it will never cease.

The discussion was moving forward admirably, Sienna was making good points, L/D was complimenting it, then final para MESS 27 & final para MESS 32

36 STRAIGHT ANSWER TO MESSAGE 35 note how easy straight answers can !!!!!

THEN BANG ON CUE MESSAGE 38 - PATHETIC REALLY

billybob

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 07:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 180 in Discussion

Leave for a minute and it all happens

Mess21 i think i did answer in my mess 19 before you asked the question lol

Right interesting stuff been comin out now though, didnt realise things were so bad

For mess 38 read message 2 fer god sakes, its you keeps on bringing up the name, and wonder how many notice the attempts to deflect away with other topics, eg acapulco, Bayram, ect

*However yes being a contactual owner obviously gives you certain rights.* you should have added and responsibilities to pay their fees on time and in advance

Billyb. mess23 according to the 'official' figs theres only 19 left to sell, thats not the problem, but as your profile shows its you that would appear to be the to**er mate, just whot we would expect from an 11 yr old that hails from alcatraz island eh, now back on topic

TQB is still taking time to get there, but it will happen and most believe it would under whoevers guidance, question was and is how to speed up the process.

billybob

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 07:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 180 in Discussion

By pipies own words, and she seems to be the mouthpiece for the m/c and committee mess 35 indicates!!

Mess37 from L/D

I can see now what may have been giong on, it would seem that information is not freely available but has to be requested individually, meaning that different people could in effect be getting different information, after all, there were allegedly amendments made to some other information recently. /

Surely this info should all be on the web site on a monthly basis ??

Sienna a question from me, should we e-mail all owners on the site that we can, and ask for their input and tell them the things we have concerns about, leaving out certain ones as has been done on some other sites or should we include even the ones who will never agree to anything we try to do

billybob

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 07:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 180 in Discussion

Just another thought before i head off

Could it be that there is somebody on here doing the exact same thing that pipie done in the past trying to get a m/c to pull the plug, lust a thought dont ya just love the smileys

Chegwin

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 08:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 180 in Discussion

The m/c will pull the plug themselves if the non payers keep non paying.

Not even that m/c works for nothing.

simbas

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 08:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 180 in Discussion

Hi billybob , you have really lost me !!

Simbas

sienna

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 08:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 180 in Discussion

message 41 - should you email all owners..... etc. ( btw again I am not getting embroiled in personal battles here)

All owners should be included in everything because if you don't include some, if , any disputes go to court you have done everything you can to inform and try to involve everyone

If some owners do not agree, or participate in any voting and you have gone through the right chanels and process then you go by the majority vote that returned their votes.

Do you know when you are likely to get your Kochen? it is much esaier to sort out when you do, although Mrs Butlers site has turnaround their site without - so it can be done - I know I keep on about the process but it is there to be followed and if it is , then you can sort out non-payers etc. and everyone that OWNS on the site has their vote and their say - once voice is no bigger than the other.

When is your AGM due

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 180 in Discussion

sienna, i agree with everything you say. We are going through the process at the moment on our complex. We do have a few non-payers but the majority of owners are and have been paying their fees since we moved into our apartments over two years ago. We will begin the legal process soon to recover the debts from the non-payers and if they still refuse to pay we will pursue through the courts, the next step which is to ask the court for permission to auction these properties to recover the debts. As i understand the new law, everyone is liable to pay fees from when they took over their property so anyone who owes payments from the past, will also be forced to pay these arrears so that everyone has paid the same amounts.

This new law can only be good for complexes, it will ensure that ALL owners pay their fees, it also ensures that the majority of paying owners have the say in what happens on their site.

sienna

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 180 in Discussion

exactly Geoff, good luck let us know how you get on it will be interesting, its good to hear that owners now have a process to follow and a law albeit not tried and tested to work too

- one thing though has your MC kept proper accounts and receipts because that is the other thing that has to be complied with I believe to take this action on non-payers. Some sites do not get proper accounts or receipts for works carried out and therefore cannot prove the expenses of the site.

(for the record I am not referring to any MC's mentioned on this thread )

Lazy days

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 180 in Discussion

Sienna & Geoff thanks for that, the information you are imparting is invaluable and hopefully things will start to move forward very quickly now.

Geoff you said quote

"As i understand the new law, everyone is liable to pay fees from when they took over their property so anyone who owes payments from the past, will also be forced to pay these arrears so that everyone has paid the same amounts". unquote,

this is and has been one of the main stumbling blocks for two and a half years on said site, if this is indeed the case then things will definitely move forward apace, it will mean that people cannot rub others faces in the fact that they didn't pay and were able to stick two fingers up to them as has been amply demonstrated on this board in the past, good news indeed

A

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 180 in Discussion

Hi siena, yes we have everything in place according to the new law. So we will see if it is effective, i certainly hope it is and that there will be no hidden ' get out ' for the few non-payers that we have. If we can collect all the unpaid fees we can move the site forward greatly. And if we can ' force sale ' of the non-payers apartments that will serve as a deterrent to all owners who think it is ok for everyone but them to pay!!!

johndp

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 180 in Discussion

Mint message 10 you must be encouraged when you read what Geoff has just said in his last couple of posts, I know I am

sienna

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 180 in Discussion

A site will only run if it has the correct money, and paying owners. So as long as things are followed correctly and everyone has had there vote and committees and MC are in place becauseof that process then it can work out

We are lucky on our site as we don't have an issue with non-payment ( one owner with an arrangement due to circumstance) but we have made the point clear we will take action if payments are not forthcoming.

Your last message Geoff is interesting and I would be interested to see how this all works out for your site, so keep us informed and as said GOOD LUCK ! its nice to hear about more sites that are doing well becasue I believe it can work and make for a better place to be which is why we all bought there in the first place for a bit of peace and harmony in the sun

Lazy days

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 180 in Discussion

Very encouraging stuff and really justifies what some of us have been saying from day one, I have no doubt that of those few who didn't pay from day one will bring up the old chestnut of 'everything was not in situ' but this will easily be answered/countered by the vast majority of owners who did pay, and evidence can be produced to verify that they were happy to pay, encouraging signs indeed.

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 180 in Discussion

Lazy days, Yes the new law permits all unpaid fees to be recouped. As long as the accounts show that there is a debt from previous years then these debts can be actioned. I would suggest you do as sienna says and make sure you organise a committee that is voted in by paying owners and the appoint a m/c to manage the site and pursue these non payers. One more point, ALL owners are liable to pay, even those who bought for resale and profit, after all, they are benifiting from any improvements to the site until they sell on. And one final point, according to the new law, you must be a full paying owner to even have a vote, so anyone who is in arrears with their payments cannot vote on any communal decision.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 180 in Discussion

Hi Geoff,

Yes everything that has been said in the past is now turning out to be true, G K told Mrs E way back that until her fees were up to date she had no rights, nor did his company have any obligation to answer her constant stream of e-mails, this in turn led to Mrs E. becoming very nasty and the rest is all recorded for posterity.

So in effect someone who is sitting on a committee who did not pay fees in the past should not be there (without argument) is this not so ?

johndp

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 180 in Discussion

Now at long last we are having a proper discussion there is a lord after all

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 180 in Discussion

Lazy days, according to the new law, non payers or anyone with a debt to the site has no right to vote and no right to stand on the owners committee. I am waiting for a translation into clear English of the new law. When i get it i will be in more of a position to give advise but from what i understand at the moment these are the facts.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 180 in Discussion

I would like now to ask a further question, what is the concensus of opinion re some on certain complexes being immune from the community charge

sienna

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 180 in Discussion

LD not sure I am with you on that question - 'immune from community charge'

if you all own equal share you all should pay equally towards the communal charge - so long as the Mc has been appointed following the correct process and are keeping records according to that law

Lazy days

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 180 in Discussion

Hi Sienna,

Is your email as per your profile ?

We all know that neither this nor the last company were put in by the due process, however I am led to believe that the developers did have something in their sales particulars/contracts that they would supply maintenance company for the first year/2 years 'at a fair charge to all'

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 180 in Discussion

Lazy days, as i understand this new law, it has been draughted to remove the old system wherebye the developer/builder appointed a m/c to maintain the site after handover. I suggest you obtain a copy of the law and read it to understand what your rights are and also to make sure that what you do as a community abides by the law if you intend to use that law to help you. There was a thread running not too long ago where Ismet ( Elko 2 ) gave his interpretation of the text of the law, see if you can find that , its a start.

Chegwin

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 180 in Discussion

Assuming one is in debt to a m/c from non payment of fees; would one be pulled up upon entry into the TRNC (assuming nonresident status is held), as with speeding fines and the like?

Is there an existing system that can be utilized that can expose these non payers at the point of entry?

Like having a quiet word with Ali Ben Ali who works at Metahan, or whoever/wherever?

sienna

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 180 in Discussion

chegwin what a thought !!! I think a little more 'complex' pardon the pun than speeding fines, where the case (other than Ismet who fights everyone bless him ) is pretty much cut & dry

Lazy days

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 180 in Discussion

Thanks Geoff and Sienna, the bits of the jigsaw are slowly coming together, I f I ask more questions or impart more knowledge heres hoping that we can keep it convivial as there is so much more to be gained by discussing how we can do things together

A

Chegwin

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 180 in Discussion

The non payers would not know about the quiet word to either Ali Ben Ali at Metahan or his cousin at Ercan.

Not so cut and dry I agree, but an hour or so of grief upon entry about whatever (these customs chaps can be alarmingly inventive if suitably “compensated”), would be alleviated if the couple of hundred quid or whatever, owed by the non payers was paid.

I would be cr*pping it if I thought it was a slight possibility that I was going to be pulled upon re entering after exiting, even if it was only to IKEA!

We all know someone who can “help”.

Just a thought.

flutterby

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 180 in Discussion

I am not sure that non-payers are not entitled to a vote - Ismet can you clarify this, as I do recall that you once said that non payer had to be given right to vote, but this may have been pre the new amended law?

sienna

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 180 in Discussion

Chegwin I don't think thats the way forward !

flutterby

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 180 in Discussion

Just to clarify on above, I am in total agreement that any non payer should be made to pay their way from Day 1, no matter what their excuse is, it is for the good of your site and ivestnment, I just was under the impression that for voting purposes for Committee that even non payers had to be included.

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 180 in Discussion

Chegwin.

''Oh dear'' not again all are aware these sorts of threats have been tried before ,then they were logged and monitored I do beleive.

Thank you for raising these ongoing threats .

I now feel your post has been picked up an logged just for future reference of course by the appropriate authorities !!

Cheers Chegwin

Chegwin

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 180 in Discussion

Not bothered. I am fully paid up and don’t owe anyone anything.

And. You’re welcome.

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/11/2010 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 180 in Discussion

Even better Chegwin this information coming from a ''paid up owner with no worries'' backs ups claims of those who are and have been threatened because of non payment either in the past or present.

You have quite rightly pointed out these bad practises appear to continue.

I only hope others will follow your example and be so open about these threats.

Thank you once again Chegwin !!

billybob

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 180 in Discussion

Geeeez does it never stop ??? again a good debate bein ruined !!!! is there no end to the talents, what threats I can see no threats !!!! A demanding letter for payment, threat of court action if payment is not made, this is everyday occurence in the UK *GROW UP WOMAN* have you got some like probably if youre not a payer

Ismet I would like to know if you agree that non payers (people who owe a debt to the community) should be excluded when trying to form a committee,

Message 59 so now the 2 years are up anyway yes ??

billybob

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 07:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 180 in Discussion

Message 46 Geoff you point out that the law states everybody is liable to pay fees from when they took over their property, I would imagine then that the TRNC courts would accept handover documents as evidence that the client had accepted the place as being ready enough so that they could take up residence.

Another thing that comes to the fore here is that people that pester committees and m/c who have refused to pay have probably got no legal redress against them, it should be the builder they should have been fighting with from day 1 when they were unsatisfied, goes to show that what was being said on the other forum was obviously right all along.

johndp

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 180 in Discussion

Sorry Simbas message 9, wasn't having a go but rules can so easily be interpreted in sooo many ways as is demonstrated on this board day in day out

Arnold message 13 I have gone over and over that board and cant find anything remotely like hounding said person, have found one thread that asks her to stick to what she wanted to talk about and somebody else who said he doubted if she could and then 'she' kicked off again, can paste it on here if you like I did find an interesting thing on a Sea terra thread though that asked if you and her were one and the same, ? but naw gave that one the heave ho.

Cheggers maybe youre the one being hounded now he he

All of this 'bother' could have been avoided I think if people had paid their money up front from the start to the m/c so that they could of got on with the job of getting things put right, now the m/c are saying if we dont have the money honey you aint getting the job done, so in my opinion theyve shot themselves in the foot

flutterby

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 180 in Discussion

Johndp, what you lot must not do is mix up what has happened or is happening at SeaTerra with what you guys are trying to accomplish, they are 2 totally different scenarios, that is where I think so much of the friction is coming from.

johndp

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 180 in Discussion

Thanks flutterby but dont really understand what you mean, all we always wanted on out site was to have it go forward and it could of, but for mostly one person who thought they were wholly right, and was offended to the point of lunacy, when they said they couldnt keep up with the barrage of abuse from someone who hadnt paid a penny into the pot, most of us thought that it was fair enough and we gave a vote of confidence to the m/c at the time and if that person and just a few otheres had made their contri's we would not find ourselves in the position we are in today, the present m/c while ok will only do what they can when theres money to do it at least the last lot had workers on the place all the time till things went sour and they had to pull out, all i am saying is how do we get back to the situation of before, but now theres other none payers as well, so we are getting nowhere fast

Lazy days

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 180 in Discussion

Message 68 all of your input has been logged from day one,

is this your way of trying to equalise things ??

I doubt if that could ever be acchieved after all the things that have been logged against you lol

It is noticeable that Elko has not offered any help on the subject to date, Ismet it would be appreciated if you could give your opinion on the question posed by several of the debaters re the non payers being eligible to stand for election , many thanks, however if you decline to be commital we fully understand

A

flutterby

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 180 in Discussion

Whist I wholly disagree with non-payers a site should still be able to run quite comfortably allowing for 10% non-payment so 'that person and the few others' should not have caused the site not be be run due to lack of finances. Have you a financial plan of how much is actually needed to run and maintain your site and are your maintenance payments sufficient?

Sienna has pointed out re setting up of Committees as per the new amended law, and if that is in place, then you CAN go after the non payers, as she has also said. These payers are responsible for paying all arrears due for the running of the site from their date (as long as correct accounts are kept which is also detailed in the new amended law). (contd)

sienna

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 180 in Discussion

It does say within the law that I read that the committee have to fulfull their obligations, but this depends whether the whole process has been followed.

My advise and don't jump on me folks is to start again, call an EGM/AGM give everyone the chance to vote on a committee, appoint an MC or go to tender so that the proper course of action can be taken against defaulters.

If the site needs work doing by the developers work as a team together to put pressure on them to get it done.

only trying to help !

flutterby

Message Posted:
11/11/2010 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 180 in Discussion

(contd)

Sometimes though with other sites, where my message 74 comes into play, owners have to take into their own hands as to becoming non-payers to reach a satisfactory conclusion for their site. However, in that instance they should not actually be non-payers persay, their monies due should be lodged as intention to pay when their site becomes their own again.

I still to this day do not understand though in normal circumstances if you have a good MC doing a good job, why on earth people would not be willing to pay, it is all of your investments!!!!

Lazy days

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 180 in Discussion

Sienna, thank you this is exactly what should have been done from day 1 trouble is some could not see it this way and attacked the easiest target.

Flutterby, your last paragraph is so true, and it defies reason why some would persecute a M/C for trying to make their investment grow, but it has stagnated for most in the past 2 years due to this intolerance by some, heres hoping it can start to move forward now that sound advice has been imparted to those who would .

wish to continue their futile crusade,

I will not give any woohoo's etc but heres to a new beginning

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 180 in Discussion

Halleluiah !!

flutterby

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 07:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 180 in Discussion

Well here is to you guys. I did think you had a Committee in place, how did you manage to change MC's if you didn't? Out of curiousity, do you run as a fee or a fund?

johndp

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 180 in Discussion

Flutterby the change of M/C came simply because the first one gave notice to quit as there were problems with an investor not paying his share for about 3 dozen apaertments i believe, it is well documented, there are still problems like that on the site, believe me when I say that it is around 30% non payers at present.

The committee was put in place by the M/C who were put in place by the developers.

It is really time that you grew up pipie you are an embarassment to yourself, if you had kept your own council in the early days and paid your dues like others did we would most likely not find ourselves in the present position and the site would be looking great now

sienna

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 08:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 180 in Discussion

JohnP under the new law if followed the investor can be taken to court to be made to pay as I understand it

this happens a lot on complexes and they are allowed to get away with it and some of hte reson the sites go down hill quickly especailly with this amount of ownership, whilst the 'real owners' suffer the consequences, if the site goes to rack and ruin because of non-payment do they not realise their investment does as well !

johndp

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 180 in Discussion

I was wondering if it would be possible for the complex to be divided up, there is currently three distinct bits of it, maybe even four, then each bit could have their little committee voted in by the people there and it would be easier handled ?? just a thought and it has been talked about by one or two owners already, one person has even offered to have the entrance tidied up and an arch type entrance made at their own expense

sienna

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 180 in Discussion

has your site been parcelated yet? I think the above is a good idea but how that is done legally I have no idea maybe you could consult a legal person Ismet may help email him

flutterby

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 180 in Discussion

Johndp, I am sorry, I have not followed every thread on this, quite a lot of them isn't there . I thought from your post 75 that there were only a few non payers, but 30% is a large percentage. But if you follow the new amended law, and set up committee and run site along these rulings, then the non payers can be taken to task.

As to dividing up the site, don't know how that one would work, what about communal facilities such as gym if you have? Probably as Sienna has suggested previously - start from scratch, appoint and advocat, elect a committee, appoint MC if unhappy with current one, and go after your non payers. Perhaps a legal letter in first instance to the non payers bringing to their attention the new law and the repercussions their failure to pay is having on your site, if not already done so!

johndp

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 180 in Discussion

Hi sienna, I dont think the site has been parcelised as yet,

flutterby, there is a gym and indoor pool, but they are disgusting and locked up now

flutterby

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 180 in Discussion

Ok John, so if you do divvy up the site and run it in 4/5 different lots, how would the communal indoor pool and gym be run? Run divided, you would have bits of the site looking great, but not an overall aesthetically pleasing nor fully functioning site, if indeed it could be done.

johndp

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 180 in Discussion

I think this was only being discussed because some of the owners in one bit of the complex have done a lot to their own bits and it is looking niceer than the rest, they have put in lots of plants themselves and they brush and clean the communal bits,

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 180 in Discussion

Where are these discussions taking ?

Some owners have discussed this ? should these discussions not include all owners ?

What about then accessing the pools ?

Will these pools be just accessed by the owners looking after there bit /

These owners need to be reminded that all owners contributed to the communal areas and amenities, and that all owners can access all of the amenities and communal areas purely and simply because all owners originally purchased the whole site.

Any owner wishing to tidy up the entrance at his own expense of course that may be welcomed as long as all owners were consulted and were in agreement with this .

Owners need to consult with all owners on any decisions on the communal site. I think you will find that is the correct way. The only way forward .

Lazy days

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 180 in Discussion

For what its worth, I think as sienna and some of the other contributors are saying things need to be stripped back to the beginning, and an open and fair election of Committee members should take place, however how can the fact that there are several 'groups' of apartments owned, eg 'Developers' 'investor' 'est agent' 'Holiday company' etc be overcome, they have a very big say in what is happening do they not ?

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 180 in Discussion

What was stated and minuted was Developers agreed communal areas and ameniities belonged to all owners .

Developers however wish to keep hold of certain apartments and the original planned shop areas. (never worked out where planned shops were )

Only owners have a joint say in what happens to there site no other outside agents.

This has never been discussed in official meetings so can only be classed as rumours or scaremongering .

All owners only need take notice of minutes of official meetings.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 180 in Discussion

As there is no legal entity on the complex this is irrelevant and the people prompting these replies obviously realise this

Again obviously paragraph 3 in message 93 this rules out the contributor

johndp

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 180 in Discussion

this is a discussion forum and as such we have the right to discuss issues if we so wish, we do not need to keep refering back to find out what to say next or how to respond, we have enough knowledge to be able to discuss things, after all we did not start all of this on TQB or indeed Marina or elsewhere, did we?

flutterby

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 180 in Discussion

Pipie, I think this is just all being thrown around in a brainstorming type session here.

Have you never planted a plant to enhance without consulting all owners? I think perhaps some owners are just trying to enhance the site a bit, perhaps a bit they personally look out on, doesn't sound like it is major construction works going on.

Yes, of course you have to have agreement of site decisions for the most part, but it doesn't sound like this site is anywhere near this at the moment. So what do you do, watch it all slowly deteriorate? You do all have to get your heads together, your common ground is your investment. Don't squabble among each other, that will not help anything.

flutterby

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 180 in Discussion

Pipie you say 'All owners only need take notice of minutes of official meetings'

You don't appear to have a correctly voted Committee at TBQ so you of all people should know how important it is to have this set up in order to move anything forward. And you have gleaned quite a lot of knowledge from this person and that person regarding all of this, so you for one should be happy to sit down and help and discuss with your fellow owners.

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 180 in Discussion

Can you please answer questions in message please .

Starting to alienate any owner in any talks and you would foul of any legal action that may take place against owners you alienate .

Regarding any discussions taking place these between owners you have mentioned these owners are falling foul] of any way forward simply because all owners are not being included .

Correct me if I am wrong but these discussians are being held on a part public forum.?

In my opinion not a fair way because all owners are not included .

A Positive way is for an elected committee to go forward for election to represent all owners that should be the first point of call.

Flutterby of course planting plants not a problem. However I think you will find the idea was to maintain there own poools in there own little area .

I ask you would this be acceptable ?

johndp

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 180 in Discussion

Thanks flutterby thats exactly what we are doing and some good will come out of it.

I do think its rich though coming from the author of post number 93, as she was the one writing e-mails and private messages to several people for long enough trying to encourage them to rebel against things that didnt suit her on various places, all the things that others were trying to point out to her that she was approaching wrongly, perhaps she is now seeing the error of her ways and that the majority were right all along, after all this is now what she is advocating, could it be !!

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 180 in Discussion

sorry about typo errors, multi tasking at present !!

flutterby

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 180 in Discussion

In a correctly run scenario Pipie it would not be acceptable. However, if I were only coming to the TRNC at allocated times for a well earned holiday and rest, and this had dragged on for as long as it has, and there were people around me who were willing to chip in to get a pool up and running for use, I would go with that. Would you not?

johndp

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 180 in Discussion

Hows about I bring back about 20 different threads from the past to let everyone see what was said before by one person and how the worm has now turned, can even cut and paste those that were deleted by mods if needed

But there again if the person was to admit the error of her ways then things could whizz on even ;)

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 180 in Discussion

I must add the present M/C appear willing to assist in any democratic election of a committee.

In all, T/B are very lucky to have a M/C who will assist in this,

Just to show how willing M/C placed all contact details on the private T/B website to enable owners to communicate with each other.

The present M/C called for committee members and owners put there names forward.

However a more democratic election needs to be put in place, as the committee in post at present are just an acting committee.

However these acting committee members need to be congratulated for putting a starting point in place .

flutterby

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 180 in Discussion

Johndp message 102, as long as you are all now singing off the same hymn sheet, that should be enough. You cannot dwell on the past . On our site, if we turned worms, that was enough for us! If you have a majority wanting the same things, then that should be enough too.

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 180 in Discussion

jonndp.

you fail to answer messeges in messge 91 and 98 why ?

In response pipie is not for turning.

I have stated a democratic way forward for all owners from the beginning .

johndp

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 180 in Discussion

Sienna, flutterby, billybob, Geoff1131, the butler (wife), mint1955, lazy days many thanks for your input, it has taken a long time to get to this point and it is nice to now see that the M/C is making everything more transparent and that it has now been acknowledged that the 'committee' is only a second temporary one

This pasted from message 32 was a most astounding admission of inneficiency/ineffectiveness to date

*But in all honesty as I have said talks have not been entered into between developer/M/C or the present acting committee on T/B, so in a nutshell it is unfair to say much more until talks commence*.

15 months, hmmmm !!!!!!!!!!

My message 102 final paragraph as usual falls on deaf ears, however we now have the satisfaction of seeing hypocracy in action first hand, at least something has been acchieved by this discussion

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 180 in Discussion

Your final comment made me chuckle

Good luck to you

johndp

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 180 in Discussion

Copied from message 18 in this discussion, can paste loads more about not answering questions,

Can I ask a question here without getting involved in dirty dancing or a war of words, why pipie dont you just answer the questions straight

If there was a world championships for being a non answerer of questions, I think I know someone who would be competing for England, with high hopes of a gold medal

as chegwin said about bouncy balls

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 180 in Discussion

I think this thread should be kept going in a postive forward way.

At present I would like to discuss a way forward where all owners are involved in talks .

At present Glencoe uses a part forum run by Greg himself that he is in control of access to only private chosen T/B owners .

Now in my book this previous M/C should by all means be invited in discussians after all he is a fellow owner on T/B . However for this previous M/C to have control of discusians to me this not correct .

A way forward would be for discussians to take place in a more independent way where no M/C in situ or any previously M/C had any control of owners participation.

billybob

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 180 in Discussion

Have to say in defence of other board forum that I was one of them owners that asked that pipie didnt get in to it, because of the way she behaves as all here can see, but to be fair to them they did open another private forum that we all went over to and got access to and even her daughter got access as well so what she is saying is nonsense, the glencoecypress board is an information board that has managed to keep it clean.

And to be fair as well pipie you are not an owner !!!!

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 180 in Discussion

Billybob .

It suits you to call my name when it suits you relating to Turquoise bay .

Then it suits you to rebuff my name when it suits you relating to T/Bay .Make your mind up !!

Again you use the Glencoe forum as an example. My daughter does not have access to this forum and she is an owner.

She is not allowed to access the private forum relating to T/B and never has been.

To the public she is shown as joining but as I say that is only what she was allowed to do.

I will put this to the test have you seen any posts by her ?

Moving on anyone can discuss what ever they want relating to T/B there choice .

However alienete owners from any decision making and I know you will be on a sticky wicket .

As proving as we speak !!

You and no one else will be able to do any decison making on T/B unless all owners have been consulted.

To that you can be assured !!

billybob

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 180 in Discussion

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

one decision most have made is about you lol

bye bye

x

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 180 in Discussion

billlybob.

On a personal note I do not concern myself about any ones views on me personally.

However you really need to keep on track and put your efforts into the task in hand, participating in moving T/B forward.

Following a pathway of fighting amongst one selves will only hamper getting T/B on track.

These owners who continually instigate on going division amongst owners are the ones who will keep T/B at a halt.

If you wish your apartment to stay in the realms of this, then carry on and watch your complex stand still.

Youre choice

Think about it !!

billybob

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 180 in Discussion

HEY THERE

I can show you a post saying EXACTLY the same about your para. 4 - to you, as you are now saying But the grammer is slightly better lol

You've single handedly kept one complex at a stand still for the past 18+ months you needed no help from anybody, and the others are heartily sick of you as well.

Mess.111 yep it does suit me to suit me when it suits me

He He He He He luvvin it

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 180 in Discussion

billybob.

A perfect example RE your post 114 on how not to move forward !!

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 180 in Discussion

From the outside looking in, you really need to give it a rest pipie you have made so many contradictory statements and told so many untruths you are confusing even yourself, but then again its just history repeating itself I think

Wasn't it a lovely day today

Pipie

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 180 in Discussion

Another post that is as negative as the poster !!

Obviously incapable of following the thread.

sienna

Message Posted:
12/11/2010 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 180 in Discussion

message 92 they only have a big say IF they pay their fees once the committee and management company are in place through the proper process. If they don't pay there fees they don't have a say , but what you will be able to do is take them to court to pay.

Surely you all want a thriving site with you all paying maintenance monies towards the site. I think sectioning of into 3/4 bits maybe difficult, good idea, but probably not workable as all owners must have access to communal areas.

According to the law the outside of the building usually belongs to the communal parts so only a small portion of your terrace is actually yours, the rest can be accessed by others, although in practice this doesnt happen ie garden apartments roof terraces But communal pools and gyms etc must be given access to other owners

so although parts are being kept by owners, sub committees in reality wouldn't work although it might be better to spread the committee so that each area is represented

Lazy days

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 06:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 180 in Discussion

Thanks again Sienna, its great that we are all gleaning little bits here and there, a fab idea with regards to trying to get people from different areas of the complex to be represented on the committee.

I think as maybe flutterby said earlier it was more because of people brainstorming things that the sub division idea came up.

Certainly a lot has come out of this thread being on here, a lot more activity on the site at the moment, things are starting to appear on the web site, and a little mole has told us that e-mails are flying thick and fast, so some good being done, and maybe there will be more transparency now.

Message 116, couldn't agree more, and thanks for getting in touch with your good wishes

Digressing for a minute, There is one really sad story on the complex where someone has lost a lot of money as a result of an estate agency that went to the wall, wiggy woo if you are reading this "good luck" and we wish you well

flutterby

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 180 in Discussion

Complex maintenance, not only here, in UK too, and the world over I suppose, is such a minefield. Here though we cannot speak the lingo, the laws change from day to day, and it is so difficult. But it can be done and sorted as few sites here are testimony to. It's not easy, constant hard work, but when you achieve, it is SO worth it! And at least you have a site that is complete with utilities, it's the people like you have mentioned in message 119 Lazy days who have the real problems, and the ones who have been left with nothing, there is always a blacker story to be told.

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 180 in Discussion

Message 117 pipie

How dare you,

You do realise you lie loudest when you lie to yourself

sienna

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 08:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 180 in Discussion

Flutterby you are not wrong its a minfield, BUT at least there is a law now with set guidlines to work too (although ever changing) which is a positve way forward which owners should try to follow for the good of their sites.

Once you get a majority singing from the same hymn sheet and paying it should all come good. Perhaps when the committee proper is in they can then put pressure in getting some of the amenities up and running and priortise the work to be done to get the site where it should be for everyones investment

Pipie

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 09:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 180 in Discussion

hodgeliz.

Perhaps you can contribute to the thread with you concept of voting and collating of polls re committee's

I think your concept of voting, would be very informative on this thread, especially your experience on how to contribute to the voiding of a vote, owing to the fact you are fully experienced in that field.

billybob

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 180 in Discussion

me I contribute to the polls wen voting and cockelling oof the coast of north Wales, my concept on voting is putting me X on a bit of mulched up wood it hopefull is making so much sense as the one be4

it's lost it onest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sienna

there was a large majority when the last m/c was in but some nutters wouldnt accept the fact and sh1t on every one of them, but its come home to bite them on the bum and I for one am applauding that some cant let their place now for love nor money if you see what I mean.

johndp

Message Posted:
13/11/2010 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 180 in Discussion

Could someone please explian what post 123 is all about or has the lunatic taken over the asylum ??

LynxLtd

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 180 in Discussion

The TBR Committee was democratically elected over a year ago, meet regularly to discuss issues and is proactive in taking the right decisions- they can be contacted on tbrowners@hotmail.com. For TBR site enquiries please contact Lynx at admin@lynxco.com.

Lynx Management.

johndp

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 10:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 180 in Discussion

I must take issue with you on the democratic election statement LynxLtd, an e-mail was sent out a year ago giving only 7 days for people to put their names forward, five did and now they are the committee, hardly democratic !!

And pipie has changed her stance recently saying that the committee is only 'interim' so please explain

Pipie

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 180 in Discussion

johndp.

Correction I have not changed my stance on anything.

johndp.

EDITED . Pipie , if it is suggested it is a rumour , then surely you should not be posting it on a forum . I have deleted part of your post for that reason . Simbas

simbas

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 180 in Discussion

Msg 128 , edited for reason given

Simbas

simbas

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 180 in Discussion

For the past few days the people who were posting on this thread were doing to respectfully , but now it has reverted and is in danger of being closed , please debate with respect for other posters

Simbas

johndp

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 180 in Discussion

Thank you Simbas

Taken directly from mess 35 *Has any owner on this thread put there concerns diectly to present acting committee ? * notice word Acting !

Taken directly from message 98 *A Positive way is for an elected committee to go forward for election to represent all owners that should be the first point of call. *

*Griffin9870

1. The situation is that not all pools have been in operation since day , never ever pool near coast has ever been in operation , full of buiders rubbish i have evidence to prove it , sauna steam not in situ , site also had other issues to detailed to mention , yet we are expected to pay full maintenence when we should have paid a proportion to be fair .

Emma there is a proposed meeting in the UK let us see if you and others are prepared to participate and attend on a way forward , are you ? *

This post taken from one of the threads 18 months ago shows the way some people think, the pool referred to is still not commissioned

johndp

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 180 in Discussion

I also have another post from pipie which I will post where she congratulated the new committee and gave big wooohooos to it.

But this was posted 21/03/ in response to pipie again by a neutral owner *Ok When we were out in October 2008 We used the pool outside our apartment which the m/c did not 'mothball' as my children and two other families were using it. Some of the other pools had been 'mothballed' for the winter. I choose not to use the outside pools as they were to cold. I choose to use the indoor pool, which I used every day. I also made use of the gym equipment as did my eldest son. My husband collected some of the cobbles off the beach, which he had complete access to and has had complete access to on every visit.

There has been considerable progress made with regards to the open areas. Any can check this out by looking at the Glencoe website. Each day we saw the gardener, who was at all times helpful and polite.

Not the picture pipie painted !!

johndp

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 180 in Discussion

last message should have shown the date as 21/03/09 apologies

These snippets are for those who might just have joined the board and maybe are unaware of the mistruths that have been put forward as reasons for not paying maintenance in the past, when in fact everything is on this board, but anybody who dared to disagree with pipie's idea's was castigated and things have not changed one iota as far as she is concerned, the above about the pool nearest the coast was a laughable attempt to deflect from the fact that she had previously stated that all pools were not operational,, but she neglected to point out that that part of the complex had not even been officially handed over to the owners, this is her way though, isnt it pipie

Griffin 9870 who's intelligence was insulted by pipie has accepted the fact that she cannot use the indoor facilities now, she is not creating havoc, unlike pipie did, she has kept her dignity and with it the respect of fellow owners, unlike pipie.

sienna

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 180 in Discussion

The TBR Committee was democratically elected over a year ago, meet regularly to discuss issues and is proactive in taking the right decisions- they can be contacted on tbrowners@hotmail.com. For TBR site enquiries please contact Lynx at admin@lynxco.com.

Lynx Management.

If they were democratically voted OVER A year ago the AGM is overdue for re- election it has to be held annually

johndp

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 180 in Discussion

May I politely ask why were owners not circulated with the minutes of these "regular meetings" and what proactive right decisions were made ?? surely it is only fair that these "right decisions" are, to use a pipieism, "cascaded down to all the owners"

As to an AGM, it takes time as we all know, to organise this, it will be interesting to see the answer to your question Sienna.

It is all very well for one or two people on sites to make trouble and lambast people, because all they would like to see happening, or "in situ" is not as they would like it, however untruths are quite unacceptable, but it takes backbone to admit you got things a tad wrong.

And once again I say nobody was "democratically elected over a year ago"

This, for the record, in no way casts doubt on the way Lynx are currently running TQB

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 180 in Discussion

Sorry was away for a couple of days so lost track and just catching up

I posted on Saturday morning in response to pipie making an absolute fool of herself, she has for a long time made outrageous claims and manyof the village at home would back this up, I posted on thursday evening asking her to stop and not make any more mistakes and in her message 123 I am at a loss for words, what on earth does she mean, pipie (Anita) Please explain

the butler

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 180 in Discussion

I agree with message 135, all minutes of committee meetings have to be sent out to all owners. All owners must be kept informed of any decisions that were made at that meeting. On our site the committee cannot make any major decisions without consulting all owners first for their approval. unless it is an emergency. We have a monthly newsletter which tells all owners of any problems and what is happening on the site, without this openess a site cannot run smoothly or successfully.

The butlers wife

Lazy days

Message Posted:
15/11/2010 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 180 in Discussion

Thank you the butlers wife, I have had no reason to post recently and left it to others till now, however the statement in message 126 is indeed inaccurate, for a committee to be democratically elected there has to be an election, and there never was, the rest of the post was also ill thought out as you rightly say in your message 137 no minuted meetings have ever been distributed to owners to my knowledge, we appreciate that you have the wisdom and the knowledge having been through it, and have got a complex with huge maintenance fees looking so good, and might I add happy owners.

Sienna,

Again message 134 ditto !, An AGM given reasonable notice, would be nice for owners, and a legal necessity, but of course a business compliant with ISO requirements would know this.

flutterby

Message Posted:
16/11/2010 05:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 180 in Discussion

As well as regular AGM's, there should be an owner's Constitution detailing information about AGM's, EGM's, what the Committee's responsibilities are, frequency of election, responsibility of Committee roles, decisions that can be taken by Committee, etc, etc, etc. Also there should be a SLA and Contract between owners and MC.

johndp

Message Posted:
16/11/2010 08:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 180 in Discussion

Taken directly from pipies message 113

*Following a pathway of fighting amongst one selves will only hamper getting T/B on track.

These owners who continually instigate on going division amongst owners are the ones who will keep T/B at a halt.

if you wish your apartment to stay in the realms of this, then carry on and watch your complex stand still.

Isn't this Exactly what you have been doing since day one, you could easily have stopped many times as the many threads amply demonstrate

johndp

Message Posted:
16/11/2010 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 180 in Discussion

Message 109 quoted below

*At present Glencoe uses a part forum run by Greg himself that he is in control of access to only private chosen T/B owners .

Now in my book this previous M/C should by all means be invited in discussians after all he is a fellow owner on T/B . However for this previous M/C to have control of discusians to me this not correct .

May I say that this is a private forum set up for owners to pass back and forward information, it can be administered by anyone, it does not have to be Greg any owner can request to do it, however only owners can join it to discuss issues and share photos & knowledge etc. the chair of the 'committee' uses it and gleans useful information 7 it is kept in the private domain, http://www.glencoecyprus.com any owner can join it, by request and proof of ownership.

by the way pipie didn't you try to set up your own board some time ago ?

johndp

Message Posted:
16/11/2010 09:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 180 in Discussion

In message 111 you say your daughter is not allowed to join

*My daughter does not have access to this forum and she is an owner.*

She is not allowed to access the private forum relating to T/B and never has been.

To the public she is shown as joining but as I say that is only what she was allowed to do.

I will put this to the test have you seen any posts by her ? *

Rubbish, they even opened a private forum for you and your daughter, but you and tamand went head to head and you started your nonsense over again so got banned I believe, and if you were banned by IP address then nobody from that IP can post, however it is more than likely that it was just the sign in name pipie that was banned, but you can still post in your daughters name, reason there has been no posts in her name simply means you have not made any 'fact'

When you ask Q's you like answers - but you never answer other peoples Q's demonstrated time and time again, so why expect others to answer you ?

johndp

Message Posted:
17/11/2010 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 180 in Discussion

Pipie

Message Posted:

07/11/2010 23:06

Reply Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Keeping on track.

Lynx inherited problems plus foundation site issues, anyone familiar with complexes know that these take time to fix . As soon as these are sorted Turquoise bay will see Lynx work on the cosmetic work.

Lynx have also managed to put a committee so all in all not bad for a management company that have been in situ for a short time. Seems ok by me !!

Please note this from your post dated as you can see from 7/11/10

johndp

Message Posted:
17/11/2010 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 180 in Discussion

As I said in message 142, you are incapable of answering direct questions as is amply demonstrated by your complete failure to even attempt to answer the below question from L/D

Lazy days

Message Posted:

08/11/2010 09:12

Reply Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Please also answer how you think that lynx have acchieved these things in such a short time ?? they have been as you say in 'situ' almost twice as long as their predecessors, and there are still only 2 pools up and running even when YOU said a number of months ago that the third one would be up and running 'next week'

We await your direct answers to the direct questions with interest

Now maybe you will come out and tell us all why you insist on continuing to praise everything about the present M/C when the pool was not "up and running next week ", and you admit that Lynx put in the committee and it was not bad for being in only a short time (twice as long as the last lot)

Pipie

Message Posted:
17/11/2010 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 180 in Discussion

Lynx inherited problems plus foundation site issues, anyone familiar with complexes know that these take time to fix I still stand by this

Last winter the site foundations were tested to there limits . The roads were like rivers, walls collapsed, and pool plants were damaged. Some apartments were also subject to severe damage .

To my knowledge the swimming pool in question needed repair works and tiles replacing. The wall that had collapsed near this pool, also needed not only repairing. but additional work to prevent any further land slides.

This area needed technical advise on the best way forward to prevent any further damage, if this area had been left as it was all the soil would simply run into the pool. Lynx tried to get the developer to pay towards the repair work.

Negotiations as we all know takes time in North cyprus and the outcome on who's responsibility and who would pay for all of these repairs is taking time.

Cont/

Pipie

Message Posted:
17/11/2010 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 180 in Discussion

However T/B is due for an update in NOVEMBER according to the acting committee.

So all owners will have the chance to question if need be.

I have have and continue to praise Lynx, In my opinion Lynx are performing well under the circumstances.

johndp

Message Posted:
17/11/2010 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 180 in Discussion

In response heres another little snippet for you to refresh memories.

* - she won't answer the question. She likes to cause upset, which she certainly has on the another site and I am sure she has on this site. The new management company, whatever they are like, she will say are wonderful - even after their first day, because she has been instrumental in the previous management company closing. *

That prophesy was made by a poster just prior to the new M/C taking over TQB

In direct response to your rant 145/146 pipie, it is disgraceful that you are still supporting a M/C that has done little to rectify things for the past 8 months, almost as long as the last M/C were there in total, when you castigated a m/c that took over a completely raw site with the same and worse problems, but the other M/C would maybe have been clever enough to empty filters and remove pumps from mothballed pool pump rooms to avoid the necessity of possible further damage.

Pipie

Message Posted:
17/11/2010 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 180 in Discussion

johndp.

Your postings are all about present M/C versus previous M/C .

For me the present M/C appears to be taking the site forward and as long as that remains the case that is fine by me .

The previous M/C to me was not up to scratch in any way shape of form. Could not and proved that they could not stay the course !! In the past now end of !!

Now we will have to agree to disagree on this and move on !! Thats it from me . Have a good evening !!!

billybob

Message Posted:
17/11/2010 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 180 in Discussion

Well said pipie but you have never given ONE instance of what the last m/c did or didnt do given the funds available to them, but just remember if you say

they didnt communicate with you, you didnt pay maintenance

They didnt clean the pools from May/June, they didnt have the funds

Thet didnt do the gardens full time, they didnt have the funds

Same as Lynx is saying now there isnt enough funds to allow for repairs.

There isnt enough funds to do anything !!

See whot I mean

lets remember that without the spondulicks no company can survive and as I see it the present company are hanging in by the skin of there teeth, praying for the big boy to pay his fees which are not payed yet, and I need to ask now as I have intrest on another site Lynx manage why are you not showing the arrears on the bottom of the site account same as on Crystal bay, surely nothing to hide ?

pipie the only thing upsets you is the last lot told you to *iss off, and this lot would love to

johndp

Message Posted:
17/11/2010 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 180 in Discussion

My postings are all about you pipie, and all the things you have said and all the mistruths you told just because your ego was bruised, you dont like that do you ??

Breezyboy, essexgirl, marydoll, janeym, lazy days, griffin 9870, tamand, flutterby, chegwin, gooligan, billybob, rubberduck, hodgeliz, to name a few, have all been the butt of your rants but theyre all wrong & liars, !

Pipie

Message Posted:

18/03/2010 16:09

Reply Message 37 of 43 in Discussion

Fantastic news .

Lynx appear to be working well with the developer and he is agreeing to work with Lynx/owners this is music to owners ears .

Forward planning is in progress between developer and LYNX so owners should be really pleased with these steps forward .Onwards upwards !!!

That was pipie 8 months ago :(

And we have not had any action yet

Mmmmm exactly 8 months and the wall is still not repaired, nor is the hole in the road, we had our first rains last night.

johndp

Message Posted:
19/11/2010 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 180 in Discussion

Message 10 Sheila

Amazing what you learn, it would seem that certain people who paid fees on certain complexes suddenly stopped, because of unrest by certain 'owners' who want things their way, where have we heard it all before, and you guessed it !! one of the sites has a fav M/C on it hmmmmmm, another has a few dictators who think they are perfect, and 'favours' promised if certain M/C get contract maybe ?, in another has owners in turmoil because of mounting legal fees in a futile case, and in at least two of these the same common denominator, sad really :(

Wish I was on Forest golf & beach at least there apartments are being rented and it looks lovely.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
19/11/2010 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 180 in Discussion

Sheila mint1955

If you read this, could you please e-mail me blackalison44@yahoo.co.uk I would be most grateful, thanks

the butler

Message Posted:
19/11/2010 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 180 in Discussion

And the reason Forest Golf & Beach looks lovely and people can rent out their properties is because we have a hard working committee and instead of owners using their energy argueing they put that into working on the site together. The fees at Forest Golf & Beach have always been high compared to other sites but EVERYONE PAYS because they understand that if they don't they are not only letting themselves down but other owners as well. The management company can only do what money in the pot allows them to do, so why don't you sort yourselves out and get a new elected committee, prioritise the work and move forward? All the people who have had so much to say, sound like ideal canditates.

The butlers wife

flutterby

Message Posted:
19/11/2010 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 180 in Discussion

I agree totally with you butlers wife. Johndp, I did say in an earlier posting that you didn't seem to understand what I was on about, is that you cannot compare actions from different sites, different scenarios totally! You all need to take your vented anger, and direct it in a more positive way! Good luck!

billybob

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 06:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 180 in Discussion

flutterby, you can glean a lot by talking to people on diffrent sites, and its amazing what comes out of it, one place in particular no names no pack drill, but there was a small but very noisy group of owners that made so much noise and a couple of others from a nearby site jumped on the bandwagon that the quiet majority who were happy started doubting and then they started saying they had the rights to change things, but then things went horribly wrong and then there was questions asked about the motives of certain people, so you see it pays to talk and check because theres always a small disaffected group on most sites,but as things are slowly being revealed on this thread many more things will be revealed in the next year and more of the quiet majoritys will speak out

flutterby

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 07:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 180 in Discussion

Yes billybob you can glean a lot from talking to people, make sure it is the correct people you are talking to, especially where motives are involved. Sites have to get to a correct legal standing, whether the quiet majority like it or not, all has to be legal and transparent or there will be no way forward. Owners should run their sites and once you have a majority with a good strong Committee with a Contract, SLA and Constitution acting on behalf of the OWNERS, any small disaffected groups should fall by the wayside. Careful financial planning should be done and in the case of TQB, it may be that maintenance has to be raised to allow the site to get on to its feet until such time as they are legally set up and in a position to go after their high percentage of non payers, which they WILL be able to do. Not very fair on the loyal paying owners to begin with, but it should pan out when all is in place.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 180 in Discussion

Good morning flutterby,

Just catching up, I must caution that what you say is not quite correct, and is the root cause of most of the problems on many sites, who has the qualifications to say who are the 'RIGHTPEOPLE' to talk to, absolutely everyone should be included in discussions, to bring it back to the bare bones if I may:-

1/ If a developer has not delivered on their promises and you have purchased, you as the responsible person should not pay your final payment or sign a hand over document till you are completely satisfied within yourself that you want to take possession,

2/ At this point you should know or have known the amount being set for your first year/2year fees on the complex, Most developers arranged for M/C to be in situ for either one or two years as a settling in period.

3/ Owners then are required to pay the agreed amount of maintenance, from day one, M/C are made aware by the developers at date of signing their contract of the number of people

CONT:-

Lazy days

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 08:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 180 in Discussion

who have signed,then M/c can set about collecting fees and maintaining pools and grounds etc.

4/ If owners are unhappy with the way M/C are performing and they are paying their fees then they have a perfect right to complain and ask to have them removed, BUT only if they have followed all of the above.

It is grossly unfair to expect to sign your hand over which states you are happy to accept your apartment, then not pay towards the upkeep of the communal areas which you own part of, and it is grossly unfair to then persecute a M/C who was put in place to do a job, when it was YOU the owner who signed your forms,

'now' there will be argument and counter argument, but the bare fact is that it was the owner who signed their documents, they may have been coerced, they may have been naieve, they may have been impatient, they may have been conned, they may have been many things & delivery may have been late late late, but the bottom line is they signed and the M/C

Lazy days

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 180 in Discussion

whoever they are took on the 1 or 2 year contracts with the developers in good faith, and down the line found themselves facing irate owners who were putting the blame on them and not where it ultimately belonged - ON THEMSELVES, or even the developers, these same people came on these boards making statements and blaming 'cowboy companies', but never once looked at themselves and said 'why did I sign for that', they refused to pay maintenance throwing the whole place into chaos, instead of doing as one smaller complex did, that was to inform the developers M/C that they were unhappy as a whole group & intended to put the business out for tender, this happened whilst they were still for the most part paying maintenance, their complex did not deteriorate and now they have one of the best in the area.

No, these people flooded boards like this one with their vitriol, slander and lies, they have now though, been shown for what they are,

Lazy days

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 09:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 180 in Discussion

troublemakers, some of them may have been misguided, but a few of them have a lot to answer for and it was the decent silent majority who suffered and continue to suffer as a result, but more and more people are coming to the realisation that their investment has suffered terribly as a result.

flutterby

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 09:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 180 in Discussion

Morning LD

I do not disagree with you and what you say makes absolute sense. All I was trying to make a point about, and it was in answer to billybob making analogies re differing sites, is that a person can be correct with regard to what is going on one site, but be totally wrong on another site, if you know what I mean. There are many differing problems going on it would seem from site to site and perhaps being mixed up a bit in discussions re TQB. But you are quite correct in saying who are we all to judge 'who is right' in the first place. The proof of that particular pudding comes out in time, I guess.

Well another fantastic day it looks like it is going to be here, so to you all who have the pleasure of being in NC, enjoy the sun and your weekend,

Lazy days

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 180 in Discussion

Thank you flutterby,

I t is lovely to have a decent debate and I fully accept your points and of course all places will have different problems, but most have some very similar ones, mainly that they were not quite finished at handover, or that a properly & democratically elected committee was/is not in place, but that does not excuse certain people and give them the right to libel or slander companies or individuals on public forums, this will most certainly be proved in court in coming months, and I have little doubt that other cases will follow.

Well the sun is shining and a stroll along the beach with the dog beckons.

johndp

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 180 in Discussion

Couldnt have put it better meself

Enjoy your walk

Bradus

Message Posted:
20/11/2010 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 180 in Discussion

Just as a matter of interest and bearing in mind the recent thread "Court Order for Unpaid School Fees - BEWARE"

are those that did not pay maintenance worried that they may end up in a similar situation?

Lazy days

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 180 in Discussion

Hello and good morning Bradus

You are a brave person, but to answer your question in a single word 'YES'

To elaborate, these non payers will be held to account, there is one case ongoing as we speak and I personally have no doubt of the outcome.

Also when people make statements on public forums they must be able to substantiate them,

an example of what I mean is detailed below, this is libellous and slanderous, and there are a number of others in the same vein.

Pipie

Message Posted:

18/05/2010 13:04

Reply Message 101 of 201 in Discussion

One of the reasons we did not pay for 6 months last year is the cowboy outfit maintaining the site was producing no accountancy, could not speak to some owners in a civil manner, and was totally off his trolly, I could go on but would run out of time so to speak busy day ahead .

They will of course soon be allowed to defend themselves in court.

Pipie

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 180 in Discussion

Good morning Bradus .

Of course in my opinion any owner who agreed and signed a constitution/service level agreement and had a legaly appointed management company in situ voted in by owners assisted by a voting in committee should have no reason not to pay . If the site managed all of this why would any owner not pay so in answer to your question maybe some owners might be worried.

However if you have cowboy outfits completley off their trolly managing sites who have no idea about constitutions/sla/contracts and persistently bully and threatnen owners . Then quite honestly these owners who refuse to pay under these conditions, in my opinion do not have any concerns about not paying these unscroupulas so called manegement companies who should be brought to task, bearing in mind how many sites/complexes are in TRNC, hopefully court actions should be a way forward to set standards on insisting on how these sites should be run.

cont/d

LordJim

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 180 in Discussion

message 165 you say a post is " libellous and slanderous ''

so just what are you going to do about it other than use ''pseudo legal jargon''. on here ??

Pipie

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 180 in Discussion

Some of these sites never show transparency. Now if any one is expected to pay for anything would it not be correct in wanting to know exactly what you are paying towards the site on whch you own .

Of course owners have this right. So transparency is a must . However it cannot be ignored that M/Companies on some sites were guility of non putting all of there obligations in situ yet expected all owners to pay with out question.

If these so called management companies living in the past think they can carry on in this way, Bring on court actions I say .

Then all complexes and owners will know exactly how they stand.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 180 in Discussion

Pity some people miss the point,

Please read

one of the reasons we did not pay for six months was the cowboy outfit maintaining the site QUOTE "was producing no accountancy" UNQUOTE slanderous as can be proved otherwise,

And "was totally off his trolley", does the person who wrote this have the medical qualifications to make a statement like this ??

There are several more in a worse vein than than this, it might be wise of the person who put them on a public forum to engage the services of a good defence advocate thoroughly versed in litigation, maybe Ismet will advise free of charge.

Good evening Mrs E, enjoy it

The rest is unnecessary

Lazy days

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 180 in Discussion

Lord Jim,

I do not need to use pseudo legal jargon, the wheels of justice are turning

johndp

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 180 in Discussion

Funny how that post from you lazy days got such a response from the woman and the spelling has gone all to pot

My opinion

maybe lord jim will help her out with her legal fees, they tell me they can be quite hefty here and the amount of times you have to go to court, what was it one ex-pat has clocked up now ??

johndp

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 180 in Discussion

Another little point pipie you dont own on the site !! do you and can your daughter stand up in court in the TRNC and swear that the last M/C did not speak to her in a civil manner, can she say they did not keep proper accountancy, from what I know I know she ceretainly cant, but you made the accusation that they didnt keep proper accountancy, hope to heck you can prove it because how would you know did they have to prove it to you, I think not, you think on it

Pipie

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 180 in Discussion

Lazy days and Co !!

I stand by every thing I say at present and stand by what ever I said in the past.

Now if you, the world and uncle Tom cobbly wish to try and prove otherwise be my guest. I am not going any where so look forward to what ever is presented in front of me.

However I can present quite a few other home truths never mentioned so be prepared for that also.

I was the person who stated ''was totally off his trolley'' and have others willing to testify that also, so again maybe not qualified in a medical way but observation by more than one could be justified.

Now I would like to say good evening to you also, but you have so many faces, more than a clock shop in fact !!

So good evening to you all you have a good one, I know I will !!

johndp

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 180 in Discussion

L/D

THINK YOUVE TOUCHED A NERVE ))))))

johndp

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 180 in Discussion

L/D

THINK YOUVE TOUCHED A NERVE ))))))

Pipie

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 180 in Discussion

On the contary johndp I think I got my messege out there quite well.

I wondered which of the guises would reply.LOL !! Here's something for you to ponder

No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which one is true.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 180 in Discussion

Do you mean just like Arnold then pipie

johndp

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 180 in Discussion

have you been on the communion wine today

johndp

Message Posted:
21/11/2010 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 180 in Discussion

Pipie ive devoted my life to helping morally handicapped women, maybe I could help you

lol

It would seem that pipie is determined to pull the plug on this debate as well by spoiling it, it must be absolutely wonderful to be able to be the judge of someone being off his trolley, does your hubby fit the 'bill'

Now back on track, the present M/C on TQB made a very interesting post on here earlier the committee were democratically elected, can anybody substantiate this ?

Izzet

Message Posted:
22/11/2010 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 180 in Discussion

This thread is now closed.

I urge you all to rethink what you are going to post, before you hit the button.

Forum Rules:

3. Be Polite

4. Respect The Forum Admins

6. Keep The Focus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.