North Cyprus Tourist Board - cheap flights to ercan
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > cheap flights to ercan

cheap flights to ercan

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

joanne1968

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 07:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

my niece and her partner and 3 kids moved to near kyrenia 20 months ago and my youngest son moved to be with them on saturday,i am now looking to go over there at least once a year hopefully more depending on flight prices. what is the best way to get cheap flights hope someone can help to reunite me with my family who are all leaving manchester for north cyprus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simbas

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 07:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

hi joanne 1968 , welcome to the forum , hope you enjoy using it , book in advance and keep checking for the good prices , flying into larnaca seems to cheaper, but then someone would have to pick you up , or you would have to get transport it takes about an hour ++ to get to girne , some members are very good , when they come across a good price they will post it ,

good luck and enjoy your visits , simbas

cooper

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Hi, we have found it is best to book early to get the best prices, try these -

http://flights.monarch.co.uk/ these fly in to Larnaca.

http://www.pegasusairlines.com/EN/ these fly in to Ercan,good prices for next feb-march at the mo.

Hop this helps

Cooper

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Really will depend on if you want to fly out of MAN or if you would be happy going to Stansted. That however adds additional costs in fuel, parking etc.

Try Tom at IAH, http://www.flightholiday.co.uk

We use Ankara Travel here in Girne, if you e-mail them with details and a contact tel number they will call you. Think it is ankaratravel@superonline.com

Otherwise you just keep an eye on http://www.kthy.net or http://www.flypgy.com

Until you have dates in mind it is impossible to quote possible costs as they can vary, like all flights, quite considerably.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Hi Cyprusishome, thanks for suggesting us we do try harder even if we are not always the cheapest.

Some hints for you when you look for prices.

Very important, when you get a price you must take an option as the ticket prices can go up even before that option is confirmed. The options can be for less than 24 hours at the best prices and a few days for the higher ones.

To be able to take an option you need to have the full correct passenger details to hand when asking for the price. If the details need to be changed on an option or ticket you can lose that good price when changing it depends on the airlines booking systems. Many if not most tickets can't have a name change these days.

Often a low price is not changeable or refundable so don't forget your travel insurance too.

If an airline sees you are booking with more than one agent for close dates they are known to release all the options as that is both unfair to the airline making the flight look full and to other possible travellers who then are at best put on a wait list and may not be able to travel or get a good rate for their flight.

Tom

IAH Ltd

robin hood

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

From Germany Lufthansa do deals from 80€ (:Frankfurt - Larnaca Jan 29/09 for example) including luggage, food and miles and more points. Don't know about the UK. Even in season when Turkish and CTA are charging a horrendous 554€ Frankfurt- Ercan Lufthansa were cheaper by far. Book early and try midweek.Don't know about the UK don't get there much these days.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
02/09/2008 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

What about Sun Express? Who have been used by the "guest workers" for at least 15 years.

They have got some excelent rates from all parts of Germany to Istanbul and then you can Pegasus down to Ercan.

Tom

IAH Ltd

Coachie

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

booked flights for two adults to larnaca next june from manchester with monarchfor 375pounds.

Coachie

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 17:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

p.s sorry that is for the two of us not EACH

rocky

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Robin Hood perhaps you can educate us a little more is there only one airport in Frankfurt and are there any budget airlines that use the airport in order for us to get a good deal from Britain?

watty

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Monarch new for next year

Birmingham / Larnaka May £184 Each

" " June £184 "

" " Aug £186 "

joandjelly

Message Posted:
03/09/2008 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

It's a good idea to register your email address on airline websites, for example Pegasus http://www.fly-pgs.com They will then send you emails advising of any special offers.

My sister has just booked flights Stansted to Larnaca 8th October for 1 week for £137 per person. This is with Monarch Airlines.

rasalih

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 09:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

hi. i have looked on pegasus web site and found cheap flights from stansted to ercan in november for my friend to come over. İ think it was about 140 pounds pounds.

robin hood

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 09:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Reply to message 10. Frankfurt has two Airports only one of which is in Frankfurt (FRA) the other is used by Ryanair and co and is over 80 Miles away and is called Frankfurt Hahn. (FHN) A bit like London Stansted, only with the downside no infrastructure as such to get you to FRA International.Just a shuttle bus that takes about an hoour and 50 Minutes. Unfortunately no cheap flights from Hahn (that I've discovered) to Cayprus. Lufthansa flies from FRA The real cheap deals are night flight departing FRA around 20:30 arrive Larnaca round 03:00. The benefit is that it gives time to get from the UK to Frankfurt. I haven't explored the cheap flights from the UK to Frankfurt , because I don't do "that run" . MAy be some one can add wiosdom on the subject. http://www.Lufthansa.de gives flexible quotes. ie they don't just say prices from (pluds taxes, plus surcharges, plus luggage, plus sandwiches) the price is all in plus 14€ ticket charge & 25 Kg bagage allowance. You select your dates say flexiible and the subsequent table gives a range of dates and highlights the cheapest prices. If you're not tied to school holidays or fixed depature dates it's a good service.

simbas

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

hi rasalih , welcome to the forum , is that one way or is it a return , , if its a return that is a brilliant price , it's nice of you to share it with us , we are over in oct

have a great sunday

rasalih

Message Posted:
07/09/2008 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

hi . simbas. you have to book in advance to get a good deal. the nearer the flying date the more epensive it gets.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.