North Cyprus Tourist Board - Coming through Ercan leaving from Larnaca
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Coming through Ercan leaving from Larnaca

Coming through Ercan leaving from Larnaca

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

calibri1

Message Posted:
16/12/2010 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi to everyone! I would like to get an advice . I hold a passport of non EU country, and permanent residency card for EU country. At the moment I stay in the North. I'm crossing South Cyprus border with no problem as my husband has an EU passport. We've been in Larnaca airport to speak to the immigration office to ask if I can use Larnaca airport to fly. They told that I can fly from Larnaca but will need to open visa before I come back to Cyprus. I wonder if I won't be in trouble- entering through North Cyprus and leaving from South. Was anyone in the same situation?

sylvie

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

NO PROBLEM WHY SHOULD IT BE - AS LONG AS YOU CAN CROSS FROM NORTH TO SOUTH AND SOUTH TO NORTH ? YOU CAN TRAVEL TO EU OR ANYWHERE ELSE WITH VISA FOR THE NON EU TRAVEL DOCUMENT

cyprusharv

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 10:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

I was always wondering the same. I believe that a person who enters the North with a non-EU passport can travel to the south with his/her spouse providing they hold an EU passport but can NOT travel out of Larnaca, Paphos, etc.

Would be interesting to know if anyone has tried this.

calibri1

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

This year my son (6 years old) was supposed to fly from Ercan with his new unused passport. He entered TRNC with an old one. It didn't occur to me that there will be any problem. But because the passport with entrance visa wasn't with us he wasn't allowed to leave the country. We had 2 options, either to show the old passport or to go to one of Nicosia offices to get a copy of his entrance visa to be stamped in the new passport. We've been told it's impossible to stamp passport with exit visa if there isn't an entrance visa! Holders of EU passport are not getting exit visa from Larnaca airport so that's why I know many people who did travel Ercan-Larnaca with no probs. Not so sure about me though....

karakum5c

Message Posted:
17/12/2010 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Non EC passport holders who require visas would have to leave from the same country as they arrived into, it makes sense, to try to do otherwise would not make any sense.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.