North Cyprus Tourist Board - directions to Aiya Napa & Protaris
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > directions to Aiya Napa & Protaris

directions to Aiya Napa & Protaris

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» North Cyprus Map

richard99

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

I have a property at Crystal bay Marina (just past esentepe) and plan to travel to both Aiya Napa and Protaris for a couple of days. What is the best and quickest route to travel by car, how long is such a journey??

gooligan

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

From yours turn right towards Tatlisu,at the T-Junction turn right and follow the road to the end.

At that T-junction turn right and after about a mile turn left at the crossroads where the speed camera is and follow this road past Getcitkale airport to the crossroads at Dortyol.

Go straight over the crossroads and follow the road round to the left at the coffee shop on the left and follow this road,go straight over the roundabout and you come to the crossing point at Beyarmudu/Pyla.

Go through passport control/customs and after about a mile turn left at the T-junction,follow this road and at the nex T-junction turn left and the motorway to Protaris is just up on your right.

Redwine

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Thats a long way round.

After Havaani airport rod turn left onto dual carriage at the roundabout (15km) take the 3rd exit follow road over 2 roundabouts at the main roudabout tur right 3rd exit follow road to border after the border follow road till you see a garage on left next turning take left to franaras follow road all way to Paralinimi and protaras

Redwine

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

if taking TRNC car over border make sure you have S Cyprus tax paper only available at Nicosia border then get insurance. They won't let you in if you don't have papers.

gooligan

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Redwine,no offence but going through the Pyla crossing you are straight onto the motorway.

In a straight race you would get mullered going your way.

Geoff

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

What is this S.Cyprus "tax paper"? I have only ever had insurance for the south, but I have TRNC car road tax displayed. And what is the rule, going south, about MOT? I have TRNC MOT, which the SBA Polis have always accepted, but someone told me you now need a S.Cyprus MOT or MOT paper issued at the border, what in fact do we need now to go south?

Geoff

Famagusta City

gooligan

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Geoff,you need to have the GC 'MOT' certificate in order to get insurance,you cant get insurance without it and it's only issued at Metehan (as far as I know)

yenibob

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Geoff. I have never been able to buy insurance at either SBA crossing without the GC Tax/MOT paper.

How do you manage it?

Geoff

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

I guess they know me!

Geoff

yenibob

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

I would imagine not having the "bit of paper" would invalidate the insurance, so waste of money really!

gillken

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

I use the Farmugusta crossing.

Right at the TATISLU turn.

Left at the garage.

End of road turn right for Farmugusta.

Straight through Farmugusta past the Uni..over all islands.

Island with the monument by the City Wall take the exit by the taxi/bus rank.

Over all Islands....you will come to the crossing. You know you are OK as things get shabby.

Go through Dyrinea until you come to a huge enormous Island

take the first exit and go as far as you can, you will come to a very sharp dangerous bend about 2 miles stay on road until you come to the t junction. turn left.

go to the bottom of the hill past Orphan-ides at this Island take the last exit which takes you to Protaras.

Aya Napa

At the large Island take the last exit and FOR about 4 miles keep on the road till you arrive in NAPA. You will go past Knossos (something like that) supermarket. A little further on you will also pass Carrefours. This route takes you through April First Street were all the main shops are.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Geoff

The MOT papers are issued at Metahan only. They are free BUT only office hours and only Monday to Friday.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.