North Cyprus Tourist Board - permission to purchase
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > permission to purchase

permission to purchase

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Property Buying Procedure in North Cyprus

cathy1

Message Posted:
16/02/2011 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

hi , urgent info needed please. our permission to purchase has been granted but myself and my ex partner split up last year. and im not sure what to do next or who to contact about this. also does this mean that i get my title deeds . i have been told to contact the developer himself which i have and my solicitor in england has also but no replys.

Turtle

Message Posted:
16/02/2011 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

PTP means exactly that,...you have permission to purchase.

Kochan is a very different matter.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
16/02/2011 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Hello there, I would suggest that you contact your trnc lawyer and explain what has happened.

This will have happened before and there will be a way for your ex-partner to relinquish his entitlement to the property should he wish to do so.

Your trnc lawyer is really the only person who can assist. An English solicitor would not be able to help you.

Perhaps o ther Forum members have more knowledge on this subject, but I really do feel lawyer first.

greenman

Message Posted:
16/02/2011 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

I know PTP is property specific but is it also person specific? If PTP has been granted to cathy1's husband for example would that mean cathy1 has to re-apply? Just a thought.

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 08:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Hi, well I had this happen to me so am speaking from experience. Literally as my husband and and I were getting divorced, our PTP went to our solicitors. Unless you want to keep it in joined names, I'm afraid you have to start the process all over again, but it depends if you are keeping the property or selling it. If you are selling it, does it matter if it is in joint names? Whose name is on the contract? The PTP will be granted to the names on the contract, and if you want that changed, you will need a new contract with the correct persons name on. You haven't really given enough informtion to give you a proper answer The solicitor will help you sorting it all out.

cathy1

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

hi stella

when we bought the villa back in 2006 the contract is in his sole name, but we apllied for permission to purchase in joint names. so he has got an upper hand on me saying iv got no claim to the villa and he wants me to take my name of ptp. which i wont do, now it has come through in joint names i dont know what to to, i have tried to contact the builder but he doesnt reply. as i need the title deeds , i dont think my ex will apply for them because he knows i will have a claim on the villa as i should be in joint names.

cyprusdave

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

I WAS IN THE SAME POSITION YOU HAVE TO RE APPLY IN YOUR NAME

cathy1

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

hi how do i do that ? do i have to have my ex permission ?

cyprusdave

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

AS FAR AS I CAN REMBER YES I HAD TO GET MY EXWIFE TO SIGN SOMTHING AT A NOTARES OFFICE

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

How can Cathy1 apply for PTP on a contract in someone elses name?

cyprusdave

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

CHANGE THE CONTRACT

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

I had to get a letter signed by both myself and my ex-husband stating that the flat was to be in my name only, at a notary. I also had to have a letter from the court saying the flat was to be mine, and then my solicitor had to take these to the builders to get a new contract in my name only. I then had to re-apply for permission to purchase,( they also wanted copies of these letters.) This was in 2007. Last year, after numerous phone calls from myself and my solicitor, the department that issues the PTP's finally told my solicitor they had lost the new application, so had to start all over again. I'm not sure how you were able to apply for the PTP in both names, if the contract was just in your partners, but if you want it changed you will have to get him to agree to sign something agreeing to this.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.