North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cyprus-Car.com information please! Car Hire
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cyprus-Car.com information please! Car Hire

Cyprus-Car.com information please! Car Hire

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Car Hire in North Cyprus

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

travbug

Message Posted:
06/03/2011 03:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Hi All

Has anyone used this company or know anything about it?

We want to hire a car in the south and drive it to the north, and this company has good prices and allows it. Any information on them would be helpful.

Thanks

Anne

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
06/03/2011 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

we were going to do this, but please be aware when you go over to the north you will not be fully insured third party only, its a risk but personally i really would not chance it, as the driving in the north is not the best in the world.

Christine

batgirl

Message Posted:
06/03/2011 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

The driving standards are no better or worse in the north/south both are of a very low standard

We have had third party insurance only on our car in the TRNC for almost 5 years with no problem to date,god willing

Izzet

Message Posted:
06/03/2011 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

They are an advertiser on this forum (look at the top banner).

They have become the most popular car hire company used by tourists who land to Larnaca but travel to north.

I would highly recommend them.

http://www.cyprus-car.com

Here is another thread about the same company:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/16716.asp

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/41228.asp

greenman

Message Posted:
06/03/2011 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

This has been discussed many times and most recently here: http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/57114.asp where I've posted some links.

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
06/03/2011 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Yes this is all fine, as long as you do not have an accident, god forbid, but you will then have to get the car back to the south and pay for the damage, because the south side insurance does not cover you for that. Just be careful its not as easy as it seems.

Christine

greenman

Message Posted:
06/03/2011 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Isn't that why you take out insurance for the North at the crossing point?

travbug

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 05:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the responses and efforts to help on this site. I posted the same question on the tripadvisor forum and did not get any responses.

Is everyone saying that even if we get insurance to cross to the North, it does not really cover accident damage to our car or another car?

Thanks

Anne

Izzet

Message Posted:
08/03/2011 02:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

No, it is 3rd party, meaning it covers the other car but not yours.

I think some insurance companies are now offering full insurance, which covers both you and the other car.

But, I am not sure if the insurance company that is open on the day you are passing, will be offering that.

Many people prefer to just get the car in Larnaca and start their journey from there.

I hope this helps.

Izzet

sunshinelady

Message Posted:
08/03/2011 06:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Hi

I am new to forum, but found this thread.

I am also trying to arrange very similar, have been for months and looked everywhere.

I am staying in Paphos for 7 nights with my son, then North Cyprus for 5 nights, then flying back from larnaca airport.

So I was trying to do the same, hire car south use to drive up and then use north and return to airport. However, I was told the insurance was only third party and also having to pay more put me off.

So I found http://www.intercity-buses.com/dromologia.htm and am hoping I can get bus from Paphos to Nicosia, then walk across the border and collect a car there. I have actually message some of the Northern car hire companies this evening to find out if possible...

Maz

Message Posted:
08/03/2011 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Of course you can do that meszsage no.10, but I honestly think you can trust http://www.Cyprus-Car.com I know who is b ehind it and utterly trustworthy.

As to insurance, 3rd party is obligatory, fully comp is not. Some of us cannot afford fully comp on our own cars, but trust in our own good driving!

Really Cyprus-Car is the only company I would trust to go from south to North . The convenience is worth everything, but buses etc are good, but they take a little longer, and I guess it also rather depends on how much luggage you are heaving around the country.

sunshinelady

Message Posted:
08/03/2011 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Ok thank you Maz, yes I was thinking of that to start with and even enquired about prices etc, but was put off as was told the extra insurance was quite a bit higher in the North than what was stated on the website.

So I looked in to the intercity buses and thought might be quite fun and said only 5 euro on the website??

I have been now quoted £80 all in for 6 days by Pacific (north) and that is for the car to be delivered to border and collected after... It is probably swings and roundabouts really. Still cannot make my mind up lol......

Any more opinions or advice much appreciated ;-)

Maz

Message Posted:
08/03/2011 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Why are decisions so difficult to make? We are all faced with that, and we all want to feel we are doing the right thing. Pacific Cars are to be trusted this side, and the http://www.Cyprus-Car.com are to be trusted too. But at the end of the day I guess you must do the thing with which you feel most comfortable.

Hire in the south, get to the border, hire in the north, get back to the border and then bus or taxi to the airport. Or pursue other options.

£80 for 6 days sounds very good, but does that include the extra insurance? That is important to ascertain? Or you could be back paying out just as much. I would suggest you double check on prices and then once you know exactly what you are paying for what - go for it!

No idea as to what other advice others will give, but I guess you want peace of mind over the decision, and don't want the fear of having an accident and finding you can't afford the bill.

I am sure you will make the right decision as you are certainly doing your homew

Maz

Message Posted:
08/03/2011 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Sorry not enough room for the final statement, which although a little corny is heartfelt. Hope that whatever decision you make it will indeed make you a happy Sunshine Lady.

sunshinelady

Message Posted:
09/03/2011 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

Aw thank you, yes the price £80 is all with taxes etc, in as north of border.

But yes decisions decisions, does anyone know if the intercity buses are reliable and where they pick you up from in Paphos and drop in Nicosia (is it near border - walking distance, and which border crossing?). Did try emailing them and the aiport transfer buses but no reply from either?? As that may be deciding factor, because, if a mission (wlaking from here to there) then will be easier to get the hire car and drive across the island.

It is just me and my son who is 10, so quite an adventure, given up on package hoilday and the last few we have done, have been like this so always fun, fun, fun!

Maz

Message Posted:
09/03/2011 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

You sound a kindred soul when it comes to adv enture. Maybe someone else can answer the query but I THINK the buses will come into the central point of Nicosia which jisopposite the top of Ledra Street. If you have cases on wheels you can walk over the Ledra Street crossing which will bring you (surprisingly enough) into Ledra Street in the North, not far from the Buyuk Han. All very pedestrian.

Or a little the other way( and youj can get a taxi) to the Ledra Palace crossing. A bit further to walk, but becuase it is a proper road, you can get a taxi the other side, or the car hire may well be there for you.

And please check that the £80 DOES cover the extra insurance!

If the bus brings you to the centre of Nicosia then a taxi to the border crossing (any of them) is not too bad, but I warn you that a bus ride from Paphos to Nicosia is a heck of a long and slow way. An adventure and fun - yes, but also slow.

Back to your choices! And of course, one has to ask if you k

Maz

Message Posted:
09/03/2011 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

sorry.... ran out of letters...... "one has to ask if you know where you are going!"

sunshinelady

Message Posted:
09/03/2011 00:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Thank you for your wise words...I am still deciding so may go with the car and drive up.

I am staying here at http://www.bare-hill.com/ Alsancak (that is where you live isn't it, just took a little peek at your profile?)

And whilst in the South have 7 nights booked at Hotel in Paphos area. So flying to Paphos with Easy jet, then after 5 nights in Alsancak, flying back to Gatwick from Larnaca.

Can I ask how long you have lived there?

sunshinelady

Message Posted:
17/04/2011 01:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Just to update. Am now in the North have had a wonderful time so far. Got the bus up in the end and only cost 5euro and is direct so no slower than driving. Really efficient and easy! Hired a car from pacific at border (they met me at Ledra Street) and been great. Just me and my 10year old son. Great adventure and would recommend to anyone.

muratcypriot

Message Posted:
22/06/2011 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

I don't recommend this company for you but ı can highly recommend you

http://www.birdrentacar.com

1-full insuranced

2-friendly

3-comfortable and new cars

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.