North Cyprus Tourist Board - Why Do People Have to Let You Down
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Why Do People Have to Let You Down

Why Do People Have to Let You Down

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

valarius

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

I just want to thank the people who came to either sing or help out at our Charity evening last Saturday. If it had not been for one of our dancers who had a Waxing machin and knew how to use it we would not have been able to Wax Mr Spiders Chest. Sertap who works at Neil Anthony's said he would do it. I even went to see him on the Thursday and he said he would be at Park cafe at 7.30pm. But no he didn't turn up. no phone calls nothing just silence. He needs to be named and shamed. The other i must mention is Stalite group. they were going to come and help by singing for us. Everything was arranged and at the last minute they to cried off because they got a booking for money i suppose. Not nice is it. One day they may need our help. Thank god for Heather Mudock, what a super voice. John Curry, Johnny Lee and Tony Grimwood Mr T and of course our Dancer who did Mr Spiders chest for us. We all did Mrs Spiders hair. good night at the end of it. COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER. KLDS

Earlybird

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

That is awful and it was for charity too. Thank goodness you have some loyal supporters but that really isn't the point is it? If they said they were coming then they should have turned up, at very least contacted you prior to the event. Good luck with all your future fund raising.

spider

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Sertap should be ashamed of this. I worked hard collecting a lots of sponsor money from kind hearted people who came to the evenings event to see the chest wax and hair new hair do ! Has he not been in contact with you as to why ? Thank goodness the evening turned out to be great anyway.

Spider,X

valarius

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Thanks Early Bird. And Mrs Spider. he has been totally silent. He had our numbers and email addresses he was given a new card last Wednesday afternoon. I just hope he reads this and feels suitably ashamed of himself. As i said before maybe one day these people may need help. But guess where they won't be getting it from. KLDS

shoogaroo

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

we remember those who have promised to help and then let us down. Never again do we go to them.

But we did alright without them. Great night had by all and we raised plenty of lira for our charities

shoogaroo

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

From the majority of people I have spoken to, Name and Shame seems to be the best option for persons who promise and then opt out without informing anyone. Sertap from Neil Anthony Hair Salon was seen on Thursday and said he would be at Cafe Karsiyaka at 7.30pm Saturday. No show, and no phone call either. Can you trust this man?

booitsme

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Not a nice thing to do but instead of moaning about it on here why don't you give the man a call to find out his reason for not turning up?

shoogaroo

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Why waste lira on a phone call? If he wasn't available for whatever reason we would have heard

booitsme

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

For all you know something bad may have happened. I know he has done a lot of work for charities before so I think it is unfair of you to "name and shame" without finding out the reason behind the no-show.

valarius

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

If it was a bad thing that happened to him then why didn't neil Anthony get in touch with us.

clairegordon

Message Posted:
28/03/2011 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Dont mind my passing comment, but you really should not bring a business into your affairs here, it was not the Neil Anthony business that let you down, but an individual, you are leaving yourselves open to possible libel or slander accusations

spider

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 00:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

clairgordon...please say if you have ever been charged, know anyone who has or heard of anyone over here having been charged for slander ? The man let the down..simple ! It was a big event for charity...maybe you could have given some useful advice on suing him,as a few people left who very well would have stayed to watch the chest waxing...that was very disappointing,...

.Well as most know on here that last year Nultan came and did my head shaving for a charity event,she did not let us down and she had also been rushed into Hospital for a few day before. ! if he feels its slander and would like to charge the KLDs I do hope that any money he makes from it he behaves like a gentlemen and donates it back to the special needs children and Ismail.. Slander my backside Tosh.

Spider,X

spider

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Oh and in one of your posting you say hidlysmith ripped you off for £2000. maybe a possible slander case coming your way soon,please do let all know the outcome

Good night...

Spider,X

metin

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

I would like to add, that 'Starlite' informed you on the 2nd March, that we would be unable to attend. We also offered you a replacement which you declined due to some previous problems, that you had with them.

I think it is unfair that you should post on here that we let you down at the last minute, when it was untrue. We still have a copy of the email that you sent us, at the beginning of March.

We do a great deal for various charities, so what you wrote was not fair to us. To name and shame on a public forum just shows people what you are like, when they hear both sides of the story.

I will now leave it to the people who read this forum to decide who should be named and shamed !!

spider

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

In responce to this I am not the one in charge...It was not so much Starlite as their were other entertainers to cover..But I collected in good faith for people to see the chest waxing ! a lot of very kind people donated to see this.......

.seems that if they declined the replacement because of previous problems with them,would you risk it taking them again ? not sure I would..no idea who they were..You get asked to name and shame on here..then when its done its not good...Such is life If it were posted they were let down very badly...ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOUTING NAME AND SHAME Such is this forum......and each to their own ! another good night from me

Spider,X

clairegordon

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 00:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Spider you are a very agressive person, I was merely pointing out that it was NOT a business that let people down, but an individual, if that was indeed the case, now draw in your horns and put your brain in gear before your typing finger.

As for the person who misappropriated peoples money including mine, that is another matter which is being dealt with and something with which you need not concern yourself.

It would now appear that the plot thickens from the above post 14, and once again the 44 snakepit seems to be at work.

clairegordon

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Spider, your message 13, may I contradict you once again, please get your facts right, at no time did I say "hildysmith" ripped me off, please re-read the full post

spider

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 01:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

clllairgordon, You do not know me, and people who do know me would not in the least call me aggressive This Neil works for the business and he is the one resposible for giving it a good or bad reputation..He resposability as an employee..

I have not come on this thread to be insulting I was asking yourself a few questions re slander cases...not insulting in the least ! and if you feel that 44 is a snakpit why oh why bother to log in ? But then I can see that you have just posted 23 posts..Have they all been so rude in calling people names that you do not know anything about..? or will they just continue to get worse ! All I said was slander my backside....because to me there is no case for slander..Oh and you did not reply to my question..Have you HEARD OF SUCH A CASE SO FAR ? Capital letters yes but an aggressive person..find a few that know me

Spider,X

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 02:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Reading that Starlite informed the 'Charity' group on 2nd March that they would be unable to perform, but has offered a replacement (albeit unacceptable to the group, though they didn't have to do it anyway) makes the polemical statement from Valarious unconscionable - more so when reads Starlite are acknowledged as having done a lot for charity in the past. What it does mean, is that the reader will remember the unseemly haste to blacken names in the public arena without recourse to the people in question first (just a supposition as to the cancellation) yet eliciting an dignified response from Starlite. For no-one to contact Sertap but carry out character assassination not only on him, but his employers on this board (they are NOT accountable for an individual outside of the workplace and its discipline) if I were Neil Anthony I would not only take it further, but would refuse entry to the protagonists for all time. One can only hope Sertap hasn't suffered a personal calamity....

philbailey

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 02:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

This whole thread is quite sad

not very charitable on either side of the views

Jeannie

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 02:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Is tonight "Why use 1 word when you can use 15"? Have I missed something?

MsGarnet, I have read your post several times and I think I know what you are saying. But is there any need to be quite so "wordy"? (Or perhaps I should say "big wordy")

I appreciate the fact that you are obviously an extremely articulate person but is there really any need to word your posts quite so, well, "wordily" (for want of a better word)?

philbailey

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 02:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Msg 21 I think the word maybe" verbose "

Jeannie

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 02:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Message 22 - thank you for that. Indeed "verbose" is the word I should have used.

I make no excuse except for the fact that it's late and I like the word "wordy"

It always reminds me of something one of my schoolteachers wrote for me when I left school: "Never bandy words with wordy people: words are given to many, wisdom to few" (or something like that - it was a hell of a long time ago).

Regards.

J

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
29/03/2011 06:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.