North Cyprus Tourist Board - Advice please flying from Ercan with excess luggage
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Advice please flying from Ercan with excess luggage

Advice please flying from Ercan with excess luggage

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Meerkat

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Please can any members give me some advice on my partner flying from Ercan to either Gatwick or Heathrow this month with at least one to two suitcases excess luggage ? Would he have to fly to Turkey & change planes? What would be the best & cheapest option? I know Larnaca flights but he really wants to fly from Ercan if possible. Any good contacts that can help him please would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

negativenick

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

usually flights from ercan via turkey are on the same plane............

you need to do some research on the various carriers websites to check baggage allowance and excess baggage charges..........

don't discount looking at flights from larnaca - seem to recall BA do a higher than average baggage allowance.......

Meerkat

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Yes that is correct negativenick, i find BA the best just so easy & comfortable, i wish he would just fly from Larnaca as i think it will work out cheaper anyway as they charge £30 or 40 euros per case not per kilo. That's how Easyjet Monarch etc.. make their money. At least BA you get a meal, drinks,movie ,newspapers &they ask if you need anything? Never got that on the others. Thanks for your advice.

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Would advise to fly BA from Larnaca and you can take up to 10 suitcases at £28 each case.

Meerkat

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Thank you MrsSnakes I think that is the best option too.

gotavilla

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Agree with message 4. Fly BA from Larnaca. If you pay at the airport for excess luggage, though, you pay £35 a case. It's only £28 when you book in advance, online.

stephen48

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

if we go back to the uk we take a golf bag (fold flat in our case). when we came back last autumn think the charge was a straight £20.00 for a golf bag and there is no weight restriction so we get loads into it!!! check the airlines terms and conditions first to make sure this is still the case. should you wish to borrow one please let us know .. also, understand from what friends have said that excess baggage booked in advance is a lot cheaper so may be worth talking to the airline?

Meerkat

Message Posted:
03/04/2011 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Thank you so much for this helpful advice I will book online with BA it is still the cheaper option & direct flight from Larnaca to Heathrow.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.