North Cyprus Tourist Board - Is camelot beach now seaweed bunged?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Is camelot beach now seaweed bunged?

Is camelot beach now seaweed bunged?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

cymru

Message Posted:
22/05/2011 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Having seen this beach some 5 years ago , i would like to know if it now a seaweed spoilt bay ? The potential in this beach is imense and should , by now. be cleaned up and be worthy of a visit for beach lovers.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
22/05/2011 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

We used to love this beach, although haven't been there for a few years now. My husband popped down last September, just to have a look at what was happening with it. He said it was scruffy and dirty. As you rightly say, the potential is tremendous; safe swimming, large bay and a very good restaurant (well, it used to be). Am I right in believing it is 'run@ (I use the term loosely) by GAU?

A few years ago, we used it all the time, but gradually it was just left - hence, dirty toilets, showers not working, miserable unhelpful staff, etc. They also doubled their entrance fee 'overnight' at that time.

Such a shame.

PS He didn't mention seaweed

Lilli

Message Posted:
22/05/2011 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Jeannie/cymru I do not think the restaurant is run by GAU now, They seem to have a bar beachfront with loungers etc. Do not see many using it. I only know as that was where I took Tess for her run. Cymru bit like barry island used to be love. (lived in Caerphilly mysef) xxxx

Jeannie

Message Posted:
22/05/2011 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

OK Thanks Liz - we'll have a look when we come over.

J

xxx

philnles

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Camelot beach should be ready very soon. Last year we used it more or less weekly. Nice clean beach, now all the dog sh*t has been cleaned up. Nice decking area and food very reasonable. Thet didn,t seem to mind that we ate and drunk our own. Mind you food was cheap enough and very nice. Will be going soon.

Sundance

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Where can I find Camelot beach?, I have a holiday apartment near Esentepe. I do like to explore, the places I have found when I,v been lost,

Sundance

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Remember a beach can be covered with seaweed one year and the next there is none it all depends on the storms wind deirection etc etc

Tinkie

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

just got back from a walk down there and they have a big digger removing all of the seaweed and rubbish. We live 5 minute walk from the beach and every winter they let it get run down and then usually in May they throw silly money at it to get it back up and ready for the tourists. I think that it is still part of GAU as there have been many GAU buses up and down over the last few weeks. philnLes your experience of the beach last year is not the same as ours...they wanted 15tl per person and then you werent allowed to bring your own food or drink...my parents were told they couldnt take a cool box on to the beach and they havent been back since.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

It sounds as though a visit by 'Brinsley', with cool box ['Esky' - Downunder!] and loaded bazooka, is urgently required at this place!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.