North Cyprus Tourist Board - Onar Air Thursday flights to TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Onar Air Thursday flights to TRNC

Onar Air Thursday flights to TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

leapylee

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 69 in Discussion

We have several friends coming out in September with Cyprus Paradise who telephoned on Wednesday to inform them Onur Air have cancelled all Thursday flights to TRNC. One couple are now going to miss a family wedding as they will return a day after the event and others are having to cut their holiday to a week instead of 10 days. No explanation given.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 69 in Discussion

There was something on a previous thread about Cyprus Paradise which I commented that there was something fishy about their promotions. I'll try and find it for you. Here it is, I can't copy & paste the link but this the heading post. Try and find it.

Are bookings up or down this summer?

Richard

leapylee

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 69 in Discussion

Thanks Brinsley. Cyprus Paradise have promised to get back to one of our couples on Tuesday. So we shall see what they come up with. Having paid for the package one couple were told it would cost a further £250pp to get them out on a Thursday! Least CP could do would be to swallow the cost to get them out. Had I have known Onur were back in the frame would never have recommended CP!

leapylee

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 19:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 69 in Discussion

Should have said I found the original. Thanks again

Marion

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 69 in Discussion

i know of a couple who have a wedding who are now under complete stress because Onur Air flight cancelled, and they are being offered Monarch to Larnaca - wrong airport, wrong date, but this is through Anatolian Sky, so it would appear the fault is not so much C.P, but Onur Air. They were told the airline cancelled the flighht due to inadequate bookings.

Not good for the tourist industry is it? And not good for the ethos of North chyprus.

anyone else got any info.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 69 in Discussion

I have no confidence in Onur Air as the one and only time I used them the whole flight turned into a complete farce. The owner is not serious about the way he runs his airline and he treats it as a big boy's toy.

One to steer well clear of.

Marion

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 69 in Discussion

Loloks as though people have no choice AlsancakJack. It all seems to be cancelled (certainly from Sept. onwards)

so maybe the big boy has broken the toy!

Marion

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 69 in Discussion

AND JUST LOOKING AT THE WEB PAGE, ONE CAN BOOK ONLY FROM LEFKOSIA TO ISTANBUL. nO London comes up at all. so maybe they have finished all flights to London. Cheap to Istanbul though!

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 69 in Discussion

Hi Leapylee,

Main name is Ahmet and I am General Manager of Cyprus Paradise. I though I drop a message to say that I am really sorry to hear about your friends and they are heaving difficult time with schedule change. We still have Sunday flight at present and we are offering 14 night option to everyone with 10 night bookings as that is the only option with a weekly flight. We are paying for their extra 4 nights in hotel as a gesture of good will and many have accepted that. We have not offered or forced anyone to reduce their holidays to my knowledge. I dealt with each and every one of the changes and we have managed to accommodate most of our customers on our Sunday flights. We have offered alternative airline and airport arrangements to those who could not fly on a sunday. I would be happy to help your friends if they can call 07983429553.

Best Regards,

Ahmet Acar

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 69 in Discussion

ahmet

i fly with you guys cyprus paradise ,onur ,on the 2nd of june thursday and my mates on the 5th june ,i have not had anyone from your office informing us of any problems ,if indeed there are any problems can you please confirm .

musin

long live the kktc

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 69 in Discussion

Dear Marion and AlsancakJack,

I thought I share some information i have on Onur Air and see if there is anything I can answer for you:

- Onur Air is established Since 1992 and it is the biggest private airline in Turkey.

- They carry about 250,000 people every year from UK to Turkey.

- Cyprus Paradise with Onur are offering flights from UK to ERCAN now and here the current schedule:

14 May-29 October MANCHESTER-ERCAN-MANCHESTER (every Saturday)

15 May-30 October STANSTED-ERCAN-STANSTED (every Sunday)

18 May-28 September BIRMINGHAM-ERCAN-BIRMINGHAM (every wednesday)

19 May-23 June STANSTED-ERCAN-STANSTED (every thursdays)

- Flights were never available on Onur Air web site as these flights are put for package holidays exclusively by Cyprus Paradise. Hence flights are available with 100% ATOL protection from Cyprus Paradise and from selected to tour operators only.

Please pass my details to your friends if they require any further help

Best Regards,

Ahmet

0798 342 9553

Brinsley

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 69 in Discussion

Msg 9

Brave of you to post! However, you haven't answered the fundamental question of the current relationship you have with Onur Air and their status with Ercan through flights to the UK and the package holiday ramifications for the people that have already booked & paid. Not everyone has the flexibility to swap airports, dates etc for your convenience. You need to explain your current company's situation with more clarity and transparency. You've yet to reply to my email sent the other day!

Richard

Brinsley

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 69 in Discussion

Am I interpreting this correctly, as a charter flight which cannot be filled through your package holidays making the flight uneconomical you reserve the right just to cancel it at a moments notice?!

Richard

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 69 in Discussion

Hi Muhsin,

There are no changes to flight schedule at the begining of June and your flights are not affected at all.

Please get in touch when you are back to let us know how your flights and holidays go. I am in our Bromley Office.

Have a nice holiday!

Ahmet

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 69 in Discussion

thanx ahmet

i have just checked the flights and times on stansteds web site and everything is fine .

musin

long live the kktc

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
29/05/2011 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 69 in Discussion

Sorry Richard, but I am not actively posting on this web site and have not read your previous posts.

Onur Airlines are airlines and they own aircrafts. We are ATOL licenced tour operators and operate these flights from UK to ERCAN with Onur Airlines. We pay Onur for the flights. I hope this can answer your first question?

As per your second question, we deal with each customer seperately and offer them suitable alternatives. We have purchased seats for some of our customers on alternative flights on same day as their departure, we have offered Sunday flights when it was acceptable, we only offered other airlines and airports when customers are happy to accept! Also we are prepared to offer 100% of the monies paid to us when alternatives are not suitable for customers. I will be happy to help if you know anyone affected Richard, but this is as good as i can explain when we are talking about changes generally. Please let me know if i can help more.

Best Regards,

Ahmet

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 69 in Discussion

Hi Ahmet please correct me if I am wrong Cyprus Paradise is only a trading name for Cyprus Premier Holidays Ltd ATOL 9345.

If I am correct then Cyprus Premier are responsible as the tour / charter operator (of Onur airlines aircraft) and so for the flights that they have offered clients against their ATOL

Two rules must apply one is the EU rules see http://ec.europa.eu/transport/passenger-rights/en/index.html the other CAA http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=125&pagetype=90&pageid=6480 and any other CAA rule on you as an ATOL holder.

A pity if you have to cancel but it cannot only be Onur at fault but Cyprus Premier as Onur would be happy to fly any plane for you if you paid them to run an empty plane or a full one

sparky71

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 69 in Discussion

Ref: msg 1

Also had our flights cancelled with Onur Air for Thursday 15th September,now flying out on Sunday 18th

N.B. Another travel agent though not Cyprus paradise

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 00:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 69 in Discussion

Hi,

There are many reasons why flights may be cancelled, and they may even get cancelled even if they are scheduled. This time it is actually due to aircraft availability. Airline had to make some changes where their aircrafts would be departing from and it was not possible for us to run the aircraft on Thrusday. But responsibility is 100% ours as Cyprusguest says. I am here to let everyone know that I will be happy to help if there is anything I could do. Please get in touch. We would not allow that this situation causes any extra expense to our customers or any inconvinience.

So far in May we had over 95% occupancy on our flights. Flight that Muhsin is on is fully booked! Whole June looks similarly busy for us and you know how July and August is anyway. Our busiest time of the year is September and October.

So I can assure you that we would not cancel these flights due to less occupancy. In fact we are in the market looking for more seats now to offer.

Best Regards,

Ahmet

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 00:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 69 in Discussion

Hi Again,

Just wanted to say that unfortunatley Europen Commision's air passengers rights do not apply to Onur Air flights as Onur Air is a Turkey Registered company and flights are travelling to North Cyprus which is outside EU. However we are voluntarely making arrangements to our customers with other airlines or paying extra 4 days holidays for people who booked 10 nights originally if they are happy to accept this extra 4 days free holidays. We are prepared to do anything possible to look after each and every customer we have on those thursday flights.

This is my first time on this site and not sure how much time i can spend here but please feel free to contact me on 07983429553 or ahmet@cyprusparadise.com if you need any information or help.

Goodnight and best regards to all,

Ahmet

Marion

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 69 in Discussion

Thank you, Ahmet. i will pass this on to the couple in U.K, who are flying out here to get married and they are worried that maybe they can';t get married if they have to fly in to Larnaca (I think they wil be O.K) but it has made the schedule for their guests difficult. People have work commitments. But I will pass on this to them , for although they have not booked Cyprus Paradise, it is the same problem.

thank you for taking the trouble to post on here to try and help people who are victims of these changes.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 01:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 69 in Discussion

Ahmet

You are, no doubt, correct about Onur Air flying between TRNC & Turkey but not when they operate into and out of a EU State which makes them liable to all EU flight laws and regulations.

Richard

joseph

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 02:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 69 in Discussion

Must admit I flew with Cyprus Premier/Paradise last year from Manchester to Ercan and they were superb.

Unfortunately... as I now tend to be looking for flights only as opposed to a "package" the best and most consistent pricing I have found is Monarch.

I have heard complaints that Monarch are getting more and more like Ryanair with top-ups, extras , food or no food,pre-booked seats or no,baggage charges etc etc etc it seems to go on and on... ad infinitum.

Have to end though by congratulating Ahmet for coming on Cyp44 and answering many of the questions posed as I can't imagine many MD.s doing the same.

Well done Ahmet

Regards Joseph

flightholiday

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 69 in Discussion

Ahmet Msg 20 - Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Msg 22 Richard might be correct. In this instance you are seemingly trying to do better than the package travel regulations and what the CAA rules demand.

If anyone is not sure they only need to call the CAA and get something in writting from them. I am sure you would conform to whatever the ATOL section recommend.

hulyatoon

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 69 in Discussion

Hi I used to work in travel before becoming a beauty technician and so i have a little idea on this.

Charter flights are not managed by the airline, they are the financial responsible of the tour agent and so that is why they are atol protected. The tour agent is responsible for them.

The flights from Onur air have been cancel by the tour agent as aircrafts are leased to them and can be cancel due to availability. looks like that North Cyprus has not got too much demand for tourists this year and so the flight was cancel.

There is some information on the Onur air flights on trip advisor too

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190372-i9179-k4363179-l32297485-Scary_North_Cyprus_Ercan_flights-Cyprus.html

maybe larnacas is the best option this year, at least before the national carrier comes back. i hope for people that are travelling from the uk more flights dont get cancelled at last minutes.

leapylee

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 69 in Discussion

Message 9 - Ahmet

My friends could not take the extra 4 days leave offered even though it was free. You are meant to be contacting them tomorrow. The other couple could not afford the extra cost to fly with Pegasus and have had to fly back 3 days later and miss a wedding the previous day. This has caused a lot of family stress!! Goodwill may have been shown to cover the cost of flying them home in time for the wedding.

However, thank you for your response. These flights are in August/September

LL

Brinsley

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 69 in Discussion

Onur seems to be the only way to go with this in-flight entertainment song!

http://youtu.be/BVUXPjFWfX4

Richard

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 69 in Discussion

brinsley

what is message 27 about ,i am lost as to what you are trying to say ,you have diluted this thread so much .

musin

long live the kktc

Brinsley

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 69 in Discussion

Msg 28

If you'd followed all the links provided in Msg 25, I think you'll find my satirical oversight appropriate!

Richard

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 69 in Discussion

Hi Leapylee,

My only intention to come on this site is that I may help people like your firends, hence I have provided my email and telephone number in an atempt to help them further. I am sure my customer services team is doing best they can, however i would like to use all my resources to help them as much as I can too. I do not recall any situation that we asked money from anyone and I assure you that we will find an alternative without needing to. Please give them my number to call me tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Ahmet Acar

Marion

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 69 in Discussion

to Ahmet! The couple and their familly are booked through Fred Olsen in U.K with an Anatolian Sky package for the wedding, but it seemsto be going from worse t worse. They could have big problems flying into Larnaca to marry here and to go ith \Pegasus means paying £300 extra! Ouch. I hve toldthem to read this page and maybe write to you for advice. I don't know what to suggest tothem. But of course I realise this is not a Cyprus Paradise problem, but it would be wonderful if you could give themsome advice.

Onur ari seem to have ccaused a lot of pain anddamage to the tourist industry here. It's aout time that something goodhappened to encourage peopleto come here - not deter them.

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 69 in Discussion

Hi Marion,

I have very good connections in Anatolian and I can deffinietely help. Please get your friends to call me tomorrow. We will deffinitely sort it out for them. We have dealt with most of our customers, and we are looking into some cases where people have no choice but to travel on the specific dates and managed to get extra seats to Ercan on some other flights to suit to those. Anatolian is one of the operators that we provide seats and they are very good company too. Anatolian is known to look after their customers. However too many comanies in between may be making it difficult for them to deal with this case.

I hope to speak to your friends tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Ahmet

ttoli

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 69 in Discussion

To all concerned

If anyone can help you, Ahmet can, I have known him since My earliest days here and He's true to his word.

hulyatoon

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 69 in Discussion

as usual the money comes into everything and this is money talking im thinking. if people cared about the effecting of travellers than they would not have doing this to them in the first time. it is a shame the travel to northern cyprus is so hard with situations like this.

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 69 in Discussion

Dear Tom,

Hope you are well.

While my purpose here is to help our customers, to those who are curious; you can read about relevant rules and regulations from: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/oj/2004/l_046/l_04620040217en00010007.pdf

It is actually irrelevant which airline is responsible from what as within these regulations it says clearly that:

"Cancellation: Financial compensation is due unless you were informed 14 days before the flight..." We actually have informed most of our customers months before their flights.

I cannot stress enough that I am not here to give excuses or hide behind any clause or rule that CAA may have. I repeat my pledge that we take 100% responsibility and willing to help everyone of our customers to keep their holiday with suitable alternatives.

Best Regards,

Ahmet

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 23:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 69 in Discussion

Thanks ttoli, may i ask who you are though?

ttoli

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 69 in Discussion

So I meant that much to you, Huh???, He,He!!, Keep lucky mate.

Marion

Message Posted:
30/05/2011 23:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 69 in Discussion

Thanks Ahmet. I have sent a quick e mail to Siobhan (the name of he bride to be) who is finalising her paper work n U.K. She may not be able to phone, but I have suggested she send to you the story as she sent me today.

Sev eral wedding planners I know say that thegovernment did have a ruling that couples MUSTT fly nto Ercan, and itwould be tragic if the couple in question were deniedthe opportunity to fulfil their dreams of marrying here.

Would it help if I came in to see you ( am involved in the weddng too) but it would be a wonderfl gift of love to them and their party if they could be put on Pegasus. The island of love is not being very loving at the moment and if you could perform amiraclefor them the it would prove that Cyprus and al who live here have heart. know that miracles take a little longer, - but they are not impossible.hanks for anything you might be able to do. t would make a goo newspaper storyt oo, wouldn't it? There is oo much doom and gloom arund these days

Ahmet77

Message Posted:
31/05/2011 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 69 in Discussion

Sure Marion, Come and see me anytime. we are based in Bromley. 244A High St, Bromley. BR1 1PQ.

My email address is ahmet@cyprusparadise.com if your friends want to email me.

I have people working for us in Cyprus who organise weddings too and they know few people in goverment who can answer some questions for us. If needed I can call the tourist office and North Cyprus representatives in UK for help with papers too. We will sort it out for them one way or another. I know how difficult it may be with all paper work required for the dream wedding in North Cyprus.

Best Regards,

Ahmet

leapylee

Message Posted:
31/05/2011 01:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 69 in Discussion

Hello Ahmet

Credit where it is due - I have spoken to my friends and they said your staff have been very helpful and they are trying to sort things out. Hopefully there will be a solution tomorrow ( Tuesday). I have passed on your contatct details should they need them, but they are sure their contact at CP will come back to them.

Thank you

LL

flightholiday

Message Posted:
31/05/2011 01:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 69 in Discussion

Hi Ahmet Msg 24 & 33

As you saw I said "In this instance you are seemingly trying to do better than the package travel regulations and what the CAA rules demand."

We both know that the rules can be hard to work within and understand.

Hopefully your clients will no matter how hard appreciate that you are trying to do better than the word of the law.

Tom

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
31/05/2011 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 69 in Discussion

Good to see the 100% responsibility in message 19

John

leapylee

Message Posted:
31/05/2011 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 69 in Discussion

Ahmet

Our friends who could not take the 4 extra free days have now been given a Thursday flight with Pegasus so they can stick to the 10 day holiday booked with Cyprus Paradise and not have to take extra leave. They did not have to contact Ahmet as it was sorted out by staff member. The other couple who are now missing a family wedding took alternative departure dates offered for their 2 week holiday but maybe should have held out for an alternative flight with Pegasus?? Once again thank you for your offer of help in this situation by giving your contact details.

LL

Visitor

Message Posted:
31/05/2011 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 69 in Discussion

I just got the cheapest flight. Ryanair to larnaca from Girona in Spain, but its 21€ each way!

Marion

Message Posted:
31/05/2011 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 69 in Discussion

Wondering what wedding it is Leapylee? Maybe ;my' couple should have held out, but there are so many agents involved and rules and regs that one gets desperate. I just hope there are happy endings to all these stressful stories. North Cyprus needs a good reputaiton of love and caring and wanting people to visit the island of Love, not blow after blow of problems and a feeling of not really bein g wanted. Here's to happy endings and new beignnings.

leapylee

Message Posted:
01/06/2011 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 69 in Discussion

Hi Marion

the wedding is back in the UK and by taking a 2 week holiday with a Thursday flight they would have been back in time for the wedding. They were told it would cost a further £250pp to get them another flight (I've confirmed this with them) and they gave in to taking Sunday and will miss the family wedding by one day. They are not the kind to make a fuss but once again think they should have hung on maybe........who knows.

I hope your friends' wedding gets sorted out.

LL

silcuty21

Message Posted:
01/06/2011 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 69 in Discussion

hi guys

if your stuck my freinds had the same problem try green island holidays

they are cheaper and have loads of flights cheap

that will solve the problem hope they get to the wedding now

sylv

Marion

Message Posted:
01/06/2011 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 69 in Discussion

So sorry Leapy lee about that wedding. My friends were told they could go on Pegasus for £300 more each. £300!!!! Wow. I think they are sorted now, and are coming to Larnaca after FIRM assurances that this will be O.K, and they are tryin to get written confirmation of this, as in the past it had been stated that to marry here you must come in via Ercan.

so let's hope in this case 'Love conquers all'

But life is never totally smooth is it. I remember years ago I met upwith an old friend who was getting so excited that she was coming to Cyprus on holiday for the lst time. Never happened, as it was July 1974!!!!

But thanks to everyone who has offered kind thoughts and advice to what seems quite a large number of people who have become victims of yet another airline problem.

stresshead

Message Posted:
01/06/2011 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 69 in Discussion

Hi

Can agree with sylv green island holidays are a lot cheaper and they do are not using Onar flights

G

Marion

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 69 in Discussion

That's O.K. Stresshea,d but we are talking of people hwo booked in faith months ago and are now coming unstuck. they cannot change holiday companies without losing money. Obviously inb the future people can be guided, but for the 'victims' they need help. I am sure all will resolve, but just another travel headache.

silcuty21

Message Posted:
03/06/2011 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 69 in Discussion

hi Marion

they wont loose money as my friends had the right to cancel if the changes were more than 12 hours

yours is four days !!!

just wanted to be help good luck anayway

sylv

Marion

Message Posted:
03/06/2011 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 69 in Discussion

Interesting. Will pass on the message, but I get th feeling this poor young couple are feeling quite worn out by it all. Ijust hope that the stress gets lifted and that all will be well.

leapylee

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 69 in Discussion

The couple who are missing the UK wedding have been offered a free meal or day trip whilst in TRNC courtesy of Cyprus Paradise as 'compensation'. I still think they should have been offered a Thursday flight with Pegasus from the beginning at no extra charge but there you go. They have asked CP to confirm this in writing and hopefully a price level!!

silcuty21

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 69 in Discussion

lepylee

im sorry but i dont think its a problem they can get their money back and book eleswhere

problem solved

good luck

sylv

flightholiday

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 69 in Discussion

Sylv Msg 54 - I think they & you need to be very aware of the ramifications of following your advice.

When they have the money back from their agent or the tour operator both the contract and any responsibility have effectively ended. So if the replacement flights cost five times more you will have advised them to lose a huge amount of money.

Better to get the tour operator to resolve it and if they offer any compensation so much the better.

silcuty21

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 69 in Discussion

flight company

my comments were what they should or the money to be honest i was not thinking on them lines

and cyprus44 is a baord to share and swap veiws on matters in NORTH CYPRUS AND UK EX-PATS

my friends had the same problem and because it was more than 12 hours change they could get a refund

which is also not a problem as it seems everybody is being fair marion said the couple were stressed ect

thats why i had written to share what info i had (hope it helps)

my friends did not pay much more in fact cheaper

but hey is this not about the wedding and special day not to be missed ???? or is it about the

money and the difference

please put me right on this if i misunderstood

sylv

ps thanks for those cheap tickects you booked for my friends

leapylee

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 69 in Discussion

slyv. I agree with flightholiday, yes they could well have ended up paying more if they cancelled. They were offered a full refund, but hoped CP would get them Thursday flights to get them back in time for the wedding only to be told it would cost £250 pp. They had booked for 2 weeks but were disappointed when another couple in the group were given Pegasus flights as they could not take more than 10 days leave. Good job we are all good friends!! This holiday/party in TRNC has been planned for some months and they have now accepted the offer of a meal or day trip. Peanuts as far as the tour operator is concerned but still a show of good will.

Both couples have stressed how pleasant and helpful Cyprus Paradise customer services were at all times. Our other guests are travelling on Onur's Sunday flights so let's hope all goes well from now on!!

flightholiday

Message Posted:
04/06/2011 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 69 in Discussion

Lee Msg 57 - Very glad that it sounds as though something is resolved. It could have been not just an emotional roller coaster but a disaster. We have organised large groups for weddings (as well as tours) and know that unless the travel agency (us) keep a very clear head and organise well it can really go badly for the couple, their guests and even the planner.

Sylv Msg 56 - Another point that I purposely omitted from Msg 55 (so that it did not worry the couple/party) was that on peak dates it might be possible that no seats were available had if the "option" was released and that would be even worse news. You are right about the day being very important but if the costs go up a lot maybe it would not have been affordable for the all important happy couple + I did/do not know enough of the whole situation to be able to give a hopefully wise comment.

I'm glad we were able to help your friends I'm not sure who were they as IAH has seen very few flight sales in the last two weeks

silcuty21

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 69 in Discussion

hi lee yes i hope so its stressfull organising a wedding you certainly do not need more problems

hope you have a lovely day

sylv

hulyatoon

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 69 in Discussion

hi

i was interested is any body else having problems with this Onur flight companys?

there is some more speaking on http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190372-i9179-k4363179-l32297485-Scary_North_Cyprus_Ercan_flights-Cyprus.html where people are also giving bad advise

flightholiday

Message Posted:
08/06/2011 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 69 in Discussion

Hulya Msg 60 you have mentioned that thread in Msg 25 - I think that the comments have already gone as far as they can unless there is any further changes in regard to schedules etc.

hulyatoon

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 69 in Discussion

Hello Flight Holiday. I just saw your post. Why are you to decide what we can write on this forums? it si a free space to write what we feel and how we feel. You are just using this website advertising your own company and spamming all of us with your advertising at every opoportunity you are getting.

if i wish to put up something i will, and you are not to be the one that will decide that.

if you stop advertising, and spamming this website, then you will have a more right to speak on them to.

H

ttoli

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 69 in Discussion

Hulya

I think Toms(Flight Holiday) point was that your message 60 is a repetition of Msg 25, with nothing added.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 69 in Discussion

Hulya Msg 62 - please see the message from Ttoli Msg 63 which is correct (thanks Gary). I also said that it looked like the whole thread seemed to have run it's natural course. Politely trying to imply that we all should leave it so as not to make the people who have suffered remember the problems again).

I f you look at many of my 2,800+ messages they mention nothing about my company there is a huge thread every year which is devoted to trying to give assistance and information, which takes a lot of time as I check out facts before publishing them here or on other boards.

If you go back over this thread I think that I do not mention my business but I have some sympathy both with the passengers who have a problem with their wedding and the Tour Operator who is seemingly trying to resolve it for them.

Maybe I could quote you "if i wish to put up something i will, and you are not to be the one that will decide that."

Marion

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 69 in Discussion

Amen, Tom ! I know you always try to be helpful and that your business interests while real come second to your caring about people.

And maybe the reiteration of a former statement at the end of your posting says it all. But you are right that this thread has run its course. the problems seem to have been resolved which is diffiuclt in peak season. some people have bent over backwards to try to make the disappointed travellers happy again, and I am sure that you, me and everyone else concerned in this hope that everyone ends up having a happy trip to cyprus.

ttoli

Message Posted:
15/06/2011 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 69 in Discussion

Well lets face it, None of us joined the Industry for the money!!!, rather the satisfaction of sharing our knowledge,matching the right product to the right client and delivering their dream holiday, Emrah at Bella View!, You are going to be busy this year!

muratcypriot

Message Posted:
20/06/2011 10:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 69 in Discussion

onur air is a nice airline company ı use it many times it is cheaper than others sometimes but no catering .as well as no problem for short distances so ı can highly recommend onur air.

http://www.onurair.com

Biggles

Message Posted:
21/06/2011 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 69 in Discussion

Re message 21

Hi Marion, if ths couple wishto have a civil wedding, they must fly into Ercan, if they want a church wedding, they must fly into Cyprus via the south side. The rules are clear for a legal wedding. It is not worth the risk to go against them. I really feel for the couple, but they should contact a wedding planner who will have all the latest information. http://www.northcyprusweddings.net

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
21/06/2011 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 69 in Discussion

Biggles 68 you seem to have joined late in the thread.

Are you trying to worry Leaplee again don't you think she has had enough by now and maybe knew the answers.

Yes go to a planner at the start not so late in the day!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.