North Cyprus Tourist Board - escape beach northern cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > escape beach northern cyprus

escape beach northern cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

jemjonesjohn

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 40 in Discussion

hi to all you beach lovers out there

Some of you people make me sick

You complain about the prices but your not paying for shit your paying for quality.

The prices might be a bit high and i know we are in an economic crisis but it is realy nice i mean you get a sunbed ,free internet on the phone and CLEAN TOILETS most beaches either have dirty toilets or dont have any at all so next time think before you write.

Realy people on this cyprus 44 should not be aloud to talk bad abou tother peoples buissnesses cause you can make a place buisy but also you can also make a buissness close down

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 40 in Discussion

Message 1

So you say that people who complain about the prices for escape beach .

You in a previous post are looking for a cheap airline for flights to the UK. What is wrong then about paying a lot more for flights with a quality airline

ilk22

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 40 in Discussion

I thought that there was a law recently passed in TRNC on the max that can be charged for sunbeds? I get cheesed off when I take family and friends and it costs a fortune just to use the beach. If I remember right, the max charge was equiv to 50p or even less. Beaches should be left alone to the public to use and enjoy free, cleaning should be done through taxes collected. If ant to rent out sunbeds, then be reasonable and stop trying to become a millionaire overnight. This goes to all companies that hog our beaches for profit.

birdman

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 40 in Discussion

It's YOUR choice to charge what you want.

It's MY choice to PAY your extortionate prices or STAY AWAY.

You already know it is ILLEGAL to charge entry to a beach which is FREE TO ALL as long as none of the facilities are used.

If I want to take a picnic when I go to the beach, and take my own cold beer, I bloody well will and YOU will not stop me.!

Do I make myself clear?

Gerry

birdman

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 40 in Discussion

Post 1

And some of you racketeers make ME SICK also.

15 TL for an ice cream. DAYLIGHT ROBBERY !

15tl ENTRY to what should be a FREE beach. DAYLIGHT ROBBERY !

NO WONDER PEOPLE WILL NOT BE USING YOUR BEACH THIS YEAR. Lower your prices and you will get MANY people and STILL make a fair PROFIT.

There are MANY beaches to choose from now, CLEAN and with CLEAN TOILETS, charging 1/3 of the prices on ESCAPE.

What do you mean "The prices may be a "BIT" high ". ( you admit that yourself !) They are bloody astronomical and you don't deserve customers!

It's racketeers like you that are killing tourism in the TRNC and you are too blind to see it !

Gerry

TinLondon

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 40 in Discussion

As I've said before, its the fools that pay these fees to the likes of Escape that keep them in business, if we all keep away from these rip-off merchants then they'll go and look for a proper job instead of praying on the tourists and locals to try and make a quick buck...

Msg1, How you can defend these daylight robbers is beyond me. There is no where on earth that would charge you these extortionate rates to use a beach and there's you trying to justify that 15tl from every person goes towards a couple of loo brushes to keep a few toilets clean and stocked with toilet paper. How you can use the word Quality and Escape in the same sentence is amazing, having a clean working toilet and a WiFi connection should come as standard and paid for by local taxes. Like Birdman, I too will STAY AWAY and will spread the word to friends and family. As for your last sentence.... you're spot on! If a business is good then I'm all for promoting it, if its bad then I'll rubbish it!

Pugwash

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 40 in Discussion

Tinlondon how do you mean this?

"having a clean working toilet and a WiFi connection should come as standard and paid for by local taxes"

proger1

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 40 in Discussion

I am curious to know what other beaches are in the area with the facilities that are available at Escape, not siding with the goods or the bads, just curious is all.

shrimp

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 40 in Discussion

we went on a boat trip last summer and were horrified to find it moored at Escape Beach which is a place that we had deliberately avoided.............we coiuldnt get away quick enough....I am just surprised that people would actually pay to go to this beach

hattikins

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 40 in Discussion

Now I know I'm getting old, free Wi Fi on the beach, a good book then a bit of shuteye is my idea of a good day at the beach. As for the prices at Escape, they must be having a laugh !!!!!

Pugwash

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 40 in Discussion

But if people are willing what is the problem? I have been just fotr a drink and as said above great service, courteous staff, nice views, clean and well looked after, I don't see the issue? nor that it should be free.

TinLondon

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 40 in Discussion

Pugwash (Msg 7), What I meant is that if the TRNC are serious about attracting more / any tourists then tourists shouldn't be expected to pay for things like a working toilet. These basic facilities should be part of the tourist board budget. As for WiFi, this isn't a luxury anymore, the money Escape make on their food and drink should be more than enough to cover a complimentary WiFi service for their customers.

Its always the same mentality on the TRNC - "If we charge more, then we can make more money", why not use the reverse of this thinking? 'Let's offer Free clean toilets, a good restaurant with reasonable prices with a Free WiFi connection and more people will come?' More customers equals more revenue equals more jobs and more taxes for the government. It would be interesting to see how much of the 15TL charged at the gate actually makes it to the goverment who could use these funds to improve future facilities?

Geejay

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 40 in Discussion

15Tl at the Escape ? Why not go to Kavansary (public) beach or Deniz Kizi. Similar facilities but much cheaper. Or Karsiyaka beach which is free.

There are only two beaches in the country which are privately owned and the Escape is not one of them. Legally it cannot charge for access to the beach only the facilities that it provides such as toilets and sun beds etc.

Separately charging for their use would probably come to the same as the cover charge of Tl15 anyway!!

blazingbod

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 40 in Discussion

i will be coming for a holiday shortly and can happily say i wont be taking the family to escape ;-)

karsiyaka beach will do me fine and the people there are really lovely compared to people only being nice to you because they are making a shed load of money from you. just my 2 cents

ozkent

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 40 in Discussion

I took my family to Shania beach the other day all the facilities you could want and only 7.5tl

you don't have to pay the high prices there was 8 of them and they all came back full of praise for Shania.

berilela

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 40 in Discussion

at karsiyaka beach today sunbeds 2 for 10 tl plus food in total 42tl excellent day out and not crowded

jemjonesjohn

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 40 in Discussion

hi again

Everyone Has a Choice

We are looking for quality customers rather than Quantity

Pugwash

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 40 in Discussion

jemjonesjohn I agree if you dont like it/don't want it then don't go, you offer a good service imo, each to his own.

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 40 in Discussion

Thank you for providing the free internet within the 15tl per bed price. With your attitude I hope the people on here show you similar respect and give you a wide birth

You certainly got one word right in your original post

I have used your place on a few occasions in the past 12 months when there has been a focus selling on what you can. The price does take your breath away

I must be privileged to have been there with your quality customers, it certainly didn’t feel like that at the time

ilk22

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 40 in Discussion

Last time I went to Escape was in 1981, it was free and I had a good time. I vist KKTC every year sometimes 4 to 5 times, but when I get cheesed off with the greed I boycott it. Once I said I would not return for 10 years and did just that, spending my hard earn money visiting other countries.

Wake up people, realise that high prices will not make you richer any quicker!

KEEP BEACHES FREE IN THE TRNC!

Zoots

Message Posted:
02/06/2011 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 40 in Discussion

Msg 9: "we went on a boat trip last summer and were horrified to find it moored at Escape Beach which is a place that we had deliberately avoided.............we coiuldnt get away quick enough....I am just surprised that people would actually pay to go to this beach"

Seeing as the ship's tanks discharge into the sea, surely a golden opportunity to spend a penny and unleash some "brown babies" to gently wash ashore.

birdman

Message Posted:
03/06/2011 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 40 in Discussion

Message 17

I hope your quality customer enjoys it !

My point entirely, we can all choose NOT to go there and leave your customer in peace!

I suppose the customer might become a personal friend by the end of the season !!!

Nothing justifies racketeering !

Gerry

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
03/06/2011 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 40 in Discussion

Birdman,

I am with you in respect of your postings, this geezer makes me laugh QUALITY customer good luck to them i say. I dont mind paying a fair price for a service but i wont be ripped off.

His comments in message 1 are laughable and with those sentiments they will sink faster than the Titanic and i will not recomend them to any of my renters, not at that price anyway!!!!

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
03/06/2011 01:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 40 in Discussion

The beauty of Cyprus should be for everyone to enjoy. Basic beach entrance should be free and should people want more than the beach and sand thats an difference story. All beaches should be free and open to the public.

Bradus

Message Posted:
03/06/2011 01:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 40 in Discussion

Well said LondonCypriot. If the TRNC is truly interested in promoting tourism, then it should follow the lead of the rest of the Mediterranean and have free and open beaches.

shayneward

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 40 in Discussion

its a shame about the high prices as me and my family have had some great times at escape beach but i will not be returning at those prices.it is indefensible

ruggy

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 40 in Discussion

I love mess 2 answer, cheap flight wanted, well spotted that man.

Jonesy299

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 15:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 40 in Discussion

There is a golden opportunity here for the Escape Beach management to respond with a generous reduction in admission fees / modest reduction in food & drink costs and see if they can generate some good publicity / improve their image (they have been quiet.. perhaps feeling embarrassed or ashamed?).

I would also invite them to offer facilities for local residents at a lower rate than tourists as it is the locals that generally recommend (or not) beaches and venues to visitors i.e. generate interest and support.

Just a thought.....

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
05/06/2011 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 40 in Discussion

msg 28. Why a reduction for local residents, by that do you mean Brits living there, people on here are always moaning about TC'c getting lower prices. As a tourist I go and find out beaches and venues myself and if I think anything is too expensive I move on.

tyalgin

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 40 in Discussion

Ideally, all beaches should be free.

However, in underdeveloped regions such as NC, public service is not efficient enough to keep beaches tidy. Look at Kervansaray/Alagadi: sand is filled with cigarette butts, trash, etc. Another problem is that free beaches are plagued with antolian workers who often come in groups and disturb ladies.

Ideally, public service should find a way to keep the beaches open, clean and secure.

Until that happens, I'm not agains paying a small fee.

However, the problem with Escape (&Acapulco) is that you're paying 15/20 TL for bad service. At that price I would expect spotless sunbeds (far from that), a guarantee I can find an ok place (not guaranteed especially on busy days), and excellent service.

What we get is washed out sunbed mattresses (at least last year, havent been there in 2011), sometimes not even clean, no one to guide you to a proper place, limited service.

It's not ok to charge a luxury premium and deliver substandard service!

ivebinad

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 40 in Discussion

I went to Escape Beach once and the food was absolute sh*te, didn't go on the beach, I never went again.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 40 in Discussion

Dont understand their maths really. 10 peop-le at 15ytl =150ytl. 20 people at 7.5ytl = 150ytl and 10 more people to buy food or drinks whcih is where the profit lies. Go to Shayna beach instead. New mattresses and clean.

canavar

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 40 in Discussion

Where is this mythical utopia called Shania/shayna

girne 29

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 40 in Discussion

Pugwash mess18

'jemjonesjohn. I agree if you dont like it/don't want it then don't go'

You must be the one thats been running NC tourism .Is that really your reply to a tourist who doesnt like something or some price.

How about 'Sorry you were unhappy about the price,service etc etc,we will take your complaint onboard and look into the matter,we really hope you enjoy your holiday in our lovely country and will tell your friends and return'

rowlo

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 40 in Discussion

hate to think what they will charge when ali comes on the 16th july ?

Davliz

Message Posted:
09/06/2011 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 40 in Discussion

My wife and some TC friends went to Karsiyaka beach on Tuesday.On walking down to the beach they were told they could not sit on towels on the beach as the area was required for sunbeds for which they would be charged.When she pointed out that the beach was a public beach and they had no right to charge they tried to move them on.She stuck to her guns and threatened to call the police.A little later two tourists arrived and were also told they could not sit on the beach and were then charged 10tl for using the beach(sitting on towels!).The tourists then came and spoke to Liz to find out why she and her friends could sit on the beach near the steps and they had been moved down the beach.When she told them that the restaurant staff had no right to charge them they went to demand there money back and told her that was the last time they would use that beach.Appears that the restaurant owner is taking liberties-I have spoken to Lapta municipality they assure me that no charges can be made

Deniz1

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 06:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 40 in Discussion

Shayna is off the main Catalkoy road. As you head towards the Malpas hotel turn left at the Happy Valley Restaurant its well sign posted

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 07:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 40 in Discussion

Dayliz - message 36.

I would be interested to know which restaurant gave you the hassle - the right or left one as you face the sea? Previously there has been trouble with the one on the right. The one on the left (which is leased but belongs to Karsiyaka Sports Club) has always been extremely reasonable and friendly - I hope that hasn't changed.

negativenick

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 07:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 40 in Discussion

mess 36 - the tc's can't help themselves when there is a chance to skank money out of some un-suspecting soul..........

As that blond scottish bird said up the Tumba "the Cypriots are alright until you involve money" - Never been proven wrong yet.............

Davliz

Message Posted:
10/06/2011 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 40 in Discussion

Jovial John,It was the one on the left that has just been refurbished and has a new owner.He has staff who put out the loungers and who insist you can only sit much further down the beach (that is until he ran into my wife -an Ulsterwomen who is not easily intimidated!)The money being scammed from tourists who just want to sit on towels on the beach is being taken by his staff.When informed my wife got the normal Cyprus shrug.We will be down there again in the next few days to see if it is still going on-if it is I am off to Lapta Municipality and the Karsiyaka Mucktar.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.