North Cyprus Tourist Board - Permission to purchase query again
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Permission to purchase query again

Permission to purchase query again

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Property Buying Procedure in North Cyprus

ajaney

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Having read a number of post regarding permission to purchase on both exchange title and turkish title pre 74. Does anyone know what is the current situation regarding PTP on pre 74 Foreign owned title please?

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Yes,

you will not get PTP on Pre 74 Turkish Title. Do a search in the Google box at the top of the page to see the amount of refusals. Contact HBPG for statistical information on the amount of refusals. Don't waste your money.

ajaney

Message Posted:
06/06/2011 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks for your reply Bradus but the question was actually not about Turkish pre 74 title but pre 74 foreign owned title.

There have been many post regarding pre 74 turkish title property advising not to buy as PTP will not be given.

Today my lawyer informed me that they have received PTP for a purchase on pre 74 Turkish title property which had been transferred originally from a Turkish cypriot owner to a British owner POST 74 and now to a British owner again. I hope this news will be good for some current purchasers waiting for PTP.

Bradus

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

yes we can but LIVE IN HOPE! Most people would want a little more reassurance than "my advocate told me" when running the risk of losing thousands. I could print all the reassuring e-mails I received from my advocates and you would think I was guaranteed PTP.

Sadly it was not to be. Why not take notice of the recent thread in which a well known Estate Agent actually posted on the forum, admitting that FOREIGN buyers were being refused PTP, why not read the articles from the other well respected advocate who in an article reported that few if any PTP's are coming through, why not listen to information from the HBPG who are dealing with the many refusals? Better still, to those that have experienced refusal.

Flimsy evidence at best. The problem is that it might encourage others to buy and I would certainly not like to be promoting this particular title deed because of the stress it can cause if refused.

With regards to British title deeds I have not heard of any refusals.

Bradus

Message Posted:
07/06/2011 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

I really hope you prove me wrong and that you do get PTP. It is so unfair. Good Luck.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.