North Cyprus Tourist Board - alert!!! illegal cabbies, lets put a stop to them!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > alert!!! illegal cabbies, lets put a stop to them!

alert!!! illegal cabbies, lets put a stop to them!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

TaxiExpress

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Message Posted:

09/06/2011 22:11

Message 1 of 34 in Discussion

There are many pirate taxi drivers out there who maybe giving you lower rates but please note they are not insured and do not have legal professional licenses to transfer you.

We Legal Taxi Drivers have had enough of this; we pay our VAT, National Insurances, and Taxes and pay a lot of money for our licenses and to keep our cars in good, clean and safe working conditions. Our government gives us our Licenses to do our Jobs legally and professionally. If you like it or not there is a Government and Law in TRNC. For those of you out there who believe that we have no Government or Law are wrong and those of you who use these illegally run taxi services are playing with our bread money by backing up these illegal taxi drivers.

Please hear what we are saying, for our sake and also for your own safety and security. If you were to have an accident in one of those illegal taxis you would not be i

TaxiExpress

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 10:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Also there are people running transfers in hired cars with red number plates, please do not except, they are not insured to transfer passengers, it is illegal for them to do so and you are putting yourselves at risk by using them.

They would not get away with it in England, the registered legal taxi drivers would most certainly see to that, so why should regulations be any different in TRNC.

It is time to start treating Legal taxi drivers with respect. So please do not put your lives at risk and do not play with our bread money.

proger1

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Perhaps it is not us you need to get your message across to first.

On my first ever visit to North Cyprus I requested an airport pick up from the hotel and when we arrived we were jammed into a hatchback driven by the night manager of the hotel.

I used to race and rally at a low amatuer level and even I was frightened by his antics but it was only after living in North Cyprus for a while that I realised these were not the professional taxi services available, I suggest that you publicise better if you wish to get more custom and also try to improve the standards of driving, you may believe that the standards are high but if you drive 100 black Merceded Taxis past me I will always remember the 1 that almost hit me at exessive speed, not the 99 that were driving carefully.

Do you have a website for taxi companies with price guidelines, it is easy for me to ask how much a friend would want for the petrol costs to Ercan, I would have to guess a taxi cost.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Could it be that you have brought the situation on yourselves by earning the reputation for grossly overcharging, or cheating your passenger(s) re. fare(s), or frequent unreliability?

If this were not the case, the current 'competition' would be much reduced.

I do agree that taxis should be licensed by government; however, many over greedy [legal] taxi drivers are spoiling it for their comrades who stick to the rules.

waddo

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Do your legal drivers carry identification on display within the taxi - the same as in most other countries? That would help a lot and allow customers to make the choice between the "bent" taxi driver - even if in a fully licensed taxi - and the real taxi driver within the vehicle.

I have no wish to find out that the taxi driver I had was actually driving a legal taxi "On Behalf" of the licensed taxi driver who happened to be ill that day but let his "Brother" drive for him so he did not lose any money.

I am fully behind you in your attempts to stop pirate taxi's but you guys need to take action as well - how about a simple sticker on the outside of your taxi that states you belong to "The Taxi Drivers Federation" or some such thing that you are all a part of. Come on guys - take action to help yourselves first!

ozkent

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Taxiexpress you sir are an idiot if you think expats would have any sympathy for your cause, the fax are you race to your destinations at the fastest speeds so you can race back and sit on your asses playing bacgamon. Only last night in the pitch black were we met head on by one of your poor friends. Iwould only put my most constipated worst enemy in one of the your taxis.

ivebinad

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I wouldn't use a tc or a mainlanders taxi, I value my life too much, they terrify me.

TaxiExpress

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Thank you for your comments and to those of you out there who are backing us legal taxi drivers.

If you require our professional & legal services you can contact us at any time on below given details:

Taxi Express

Tel:0548 838 8840

email: taxiexpress.trnc@gmail.com

TaxiExpress

Message Posted:
11/06/2011 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Thank you for your comments and to those of you out there who are backing us legal taxi drivers.

If you require our professional & legal services you can contact us at any time on below given details:

Taxi Express

Tel:0548 838 8840

email: taxiexpress.trnc@gmail.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.