North Cyprus Tourist Board - Does anyone let their villa - if so through whom - experiences?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Does anyone let their villa - if so through whom - experiences?

Does anyone let their villa - if so through whom - experiences?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

Wireless

Message Posted:
24/06/2011 01:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hello I have a villa near essentepe and am interested in letting it - does anyone else let their villa - if so who do you use to do the letting - if of course you use anyone at all - where do you advertise and how have you found the experience of dealing with villa renters?

really interested if anyone can share experiences

Wireless

Message Posted:
24/06/2011 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

no one lets their villa then?

rufus

Message Posted:
24/06/2011 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Osman

I rent my Villa through Amy Villas who take a 15% commission although there are many agents that will charge similar. I have had no major problems with renting and it's always best to charge a Bond in case of breakages etc., and I also have an electric meter fitted to control the over usage of electricity.

leethemille

Message Posted:
24/06/2011 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Osman

We rent our apartment out but don't use an agent as such. We have someone who is a key holder to go in an clean before and after and leave keys in a key safe outside with combination lock. We advertise on http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk and have had plenty of bookings this year.

Wireless

Message Posted:
24/06/2011 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

thank you for your replies

Rufus - I looked at Amy and did not like the fact that they take the money 10 weeks before and want to pay the owner the Friday after the guests leave. How have you found dealing with them?

Lee - i have friends on Owners Abroad who have had nothing this year at all! what is your - what is your entry?

Roomy

Message Posted:
24/06/2011 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

www.Holidaylettings.co.uk is a good site we book all our apartments here.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
25/06/2011 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

I have dealt with advertising through Owners Direct and find their services to be cost effective - I think it's about 130 GBP for 6 months. OK, you have to deal with your own enquiries etc but at least the whole thing is under your control particularly the income. Sorry, but the thought of any business here expecting to collect the money under the terms mentioned for Amy Villas is a complete no no and - especially the kind of commission that they are apparently charging! Do it yourself and get somebody good here to look after the place.

chriswife

Message Posted:
25/06/2011 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

sandra at abode

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.