North Cyprus Tourist Board - Wellington Estates Karsiyaka
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Wellington Estates Karsiyaka

Wellington Estates Karsiyaka

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

meinkipris

Message Posted:
01/07/2011 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Hi there, I am seriously considering buying a property at Karsiyaka. I travelled to Cardiff and met with Leslie Hardy for a day and went through all the procedures etc. I saw title deeds, and had the whole process explained in detail by him. He seemed very convincing and genuine, answered all my questions and put my mind at ease with the whole experience of relocating abroad. After reading the topics on this site it has created some doubts in my mind. I am visiting North Cyprus for a month in January and will be staying in an Nebula bungalow at the Karsiyaka site, anyone who is already out there, perhaps you could let me know of your experience. Obviously there are a lot of questions that I want to ask, but they can wait until I visit in January.

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
01/07/2011 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Brian

1 Who is Leslie Hardy (which company)

2 Is your Turkish good as the title deeds are in Turkish Many CY44 members do not read it (i don't so would not know what the Kocan referred to)

3 If you look at a lot of threads you will see people are recommending houses which are resales (is this one)

Lovely country and people

John

Cyprusquest

Message Posted:
01/07/2011 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Sorry Msg 2 no 1 Meant what is he, what interest etc in Wellington Estates?

meinkipris

Message Posted:
01/07/2011 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Leslie Hardy founder of Wellington Estates Ltd, and UK director. Wellington estates is a North Cyprus registered property development company, registered office at Namik Kemal Caddessi, Yetkili Is Merkezi No 2, Girne. Company Solicitors/Auditor and Bankers are in Girne. Leslie Hardy visits on a frequent basis. There website is http://www.wellestates.com. They have several sites on the island at, Karsiyaka Meadows (mature site), Karsiyaka Bay Vista (new), Vogue Beach View, (near Korineum Golf Course), Ottomans Reef at Kumyali. Only have a few phrases in Turkish, but the kocan appeared to be the real thing. The property that I am interested in will be new build (off plan). Most of the experiences from this forum have been positive, just the couple which have made me think again.

Bertie

Message Posted:
01/07/2011 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Listen to what everyone says stick to a resale that way you know what you have bought I dont personally know anything of the man but I think anyone who buys off plan now is walking into a mine field its not just kojans but electricity supply and mains water, people end up in builders electric for years until all plots are built on and if the kojan has to be parcelised then that can take forever too, listen to the advice of all, its being given for very sound reasons

joandjelly

Message Posted:
01/07/2011 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Who was named on the kocan? If it is not Leslie Hardy/Wellington Estates then you need to ensure that the deed holder signs your contract in addition to LH/WE. If you do go ahead ensure that the majority of the purchase price is paid towards the end of the build and hold back a substantial sum until you get your deeds. Before you sign anything go to the Land Registry and get a search done ensuring that the search shows all and any impediments (the word IPOTEK means mortgage). Be very aware that you can get a search that shows no impediments even when there are some. Assuming the search is clear, take a charge over the property equal to the purchase price (costs about 1.5%). If the vendor refuses to allow this WALK AWAY. Do not use an Advocate recommended by Wellington Estates/Leslie Hardy.

Sorry not necessarily in the right order but things you need to think about/be aware of.

Like everyone else, I would say buy a resale with the deeds in the owner's name or better still, rent first.

Bradus

Message Posted:
01/07/2011 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

You only have to use the goggle bar at the top of the page. Type in Wellington Estates or Leslie Hardy and you will be surprised how much information there is. Do you mind moving in without electricity and water?

Buy a resale. Considering an off plan purchase in the present climate is risky. Even with a resale there is no guarantee that you will not run into problems but at least you will have reduced the odds.

Good Luck

walkersav

Message Posted:
01/07/2011 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Hi there,

We live on a Wellington site in Karsiyaka and have done so for the last 15months or so. If you want to have a chat when you are over in January then I would be happy to oblige. If you are staying on the Karsiyaka Meadows site then that's where we are. So if you want a chat then just let me know through this forum.

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

meinkipris (mess 1)

NO DEEDS NO MONEY

Whatever it maybe Off Plan or New Build (If you have no PTP you are not entitled to any deeds)

If you live in the UK or anywhere else for that matter would you pay your money and then wait for xxx years for your DEEDS? where anything could happen while waiting!!!!

Think before you touch anything in Cyprus either North or South

meinkipris

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 07:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Many thanks, would very much appreciate a chat when I visit, I have lots of questions that I need to ask and put my mind at ease before I make the decision to move on a permanent basis.

meinkipris

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 07:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Thanks to everyone for the advice

negativenick

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

do yourself a favour and don't buy in the trnc - by renting, when the place finally goes down the pan - you can just pack your bags and leave..............

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

The brits living in TRNC are being put through a siv at the moment.The 10 bob millioners are getting lesser and lesser,and because of that there are less ranters/ravers by the day.

meinkipris

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Many thanks for advice, yes the name on the kocan was Wellington Estates with all the appropriate stamps.

Will make a mental note of all this advice and chase it up when I visit in January

flightholiday

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 12:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Rent for a few months and then decide.

I have a contact with a good builder and agent who will rent you a property and if you like it and buy offers to take the rental off the selling price.

If you want some help contact me off board Tom info@flightholiday.co.uk

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Another option is to buy a nice little piece of land (resale) where the person selling you it will give you a full Power of Attorney so that you can get your own Kocan when your permission comes through. With this document you, in effect become seller and buyer so no problems. Searches still necessary though.

When you have your permission and your Kocan then build yourself a nice little house with yourself in full control. You can rent whilst you do this.

This was my initial plan 8 years ago, but the PTP took 6 long years to come through and we had given up on that dream by then.

We still have our lovely bit of land - maybe some day........

Pugwash

Message Posted:
02/07/2011 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Good one yorg!

misunderstood

Message Posted:
03/07/2011 06:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

If you are hellbent on buying you can save yourself some time time on the Permission to Purchase procedure by applying for your Metropolitan Police Character reference and bring it with you. Do not use an Advocate recommended by the vendor. Buying off plan is very risky, everyone appears genuine and honest when they are trying to sell to you.

Buy a resale if you must buy but really beleive you should heed the warning DO NOT BUY CYPRUS ADVICE - North or South.

No Kocan - No MOney

Brighteyes

Message Posted:
03/07/2011 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Meinkipris,

We have many resale properties in Karsiyaka including a Nebula on the Wellington site. Please take a look at our website in the first instance http://www.cypriotdreamhomes.co.uk or contact Rob 0090 533 845 9878 sales@cypriotdreamhomes.co.uk for further information.

Regards,

Rob

BritishBuyer

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 01:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

This thread has been closed as per the written request by Wellington Estates.

....... is this one next.....?

philbailey

Message Posted:
05/08/2011 01:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/1928.asp

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.