North Cyprus Tourist Board - Let's Remember Lost Friends
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Let's Remember Lost Friends

Let's Remember Lost Friends

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
04/07/2011 02:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Lost a dear friend to cancer recently ! Makes you realise how fragile life is !! None of us live forever but some are forever in our thoughts ! I know that many have experienced a similar loss but sometimes we hide our deepest thoughts and feelings and naturally get on with our lives !! So, as an a tribute to those who have gone before us let's remember them !! My friends name was Joan, She was my wife's best friend and someone I admired because she always put her family first and worked hard to make sure that they had a chance in life !! She was the bravest person, in illness, that I ever knew, always chirpy , good humoured and positive ! How brave are many people who face death and smile, braver that me , methinks !

Let's remember them and rejoice.

r somone

vikkicm

Message Posted:
04/07/2011 02:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

My husband passed away 2 years ago tomorrow (5th July), he had just turned 56 (on 3rd July). We remember our loved ones with joy and sorrow intermingled. Thank you for your lovely post and heartfelt thoughts to all who are struggling through their sadness

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
04/07/2011 05:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Sylvia, who we laid to rest three weeks ago. Her last week in the Hospital was unspeakable, unconscionable and unforgiveable, the treatment and lack of communication and accountability - at best questionable, at worst, a matter for litigation; it is no defence to be told by the nursing staff "she should have been in a Hospice" that much was clear to us all. Our National Health Service has much to admire, but more and more -much to complain about - they failed her when she needed them most. A cheese and cucumber sandwich left in front of a woman who had throat, lung and liver cancer and a tracheotomy, who was slipping in and out of consciousness. Arriving to find her laying in her own faeces and urine. Arriving another time to find her in the bloody gown from when they inserted the tracheotomy and attempted to remove one of the two growths (couldn't) - arrived to find her so dehydrated, she was tearing at herself.......one could go on and on - it wouldn't bring Sylv back........

joandjelly

Message Posted:
04/07/2011 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

The young daughter of an old school friend of mine has been gravely ill for all of her young life. She had a seizure and cardiac arrest yesterday at Great Ormond Street Hospital and the family is now waiting for the inevitable to happen. Obviously they are heartbroken and distraught. Makes you realise how insignificant some of our own problems are when viewed against the loss of a child. My prayers and thoughts are with Tilly and her family.

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
04/07/2011 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Oh, how deeply sad joandjelly - our children should never go before us - Great Ormond Street is a terrific hospital; looked after my daughter well - anything that can be done, will be - so when the inevitable does occur, her passing will be as comfortable as possible, and in the knowledge she couldn't have had better care.......how very very sad.......

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
04/07/2011 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Msg 3

So sorry to hear about the ordeal that your friend, Sylvia, went through. The hospital staff should be ashamed of themselves for the lack of care shown to a dying woman. Every person, sick or otherwise, deserves to be treated with dignity and compassion. Shame on them !!

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
04/07/2011 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks EamonnMc - your initial posting had such resonance - for us both, it is still so raw........

I have already looked into making a Living Will/Advance Health Care Directive, spurred on by what happened to Sylv (not sure yet about PofA - still thinking about that one) and have spoken to my GP about leaving the Living Will with them, and told my family where I will be leaving a copy of it in the house, should I be hospitalised and not considered or able to be, compos mentis - as I was/am sooooooooooo appalled at Sylv's manner of passing. You and I must now remember the good times - and remind ourselves, if they hadn't lived in the first place, they couldn't have left us such good memories to enjoy when we miss them most..........

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.