North Cyprus Tourist Board - fed up of not getting post? let us help?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > fed up of not getting post? let us help?

fed up of not getting post? let us help?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
08/07/2011 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 39 in Discussion

Call PPS on 0533 889 4626 or 0533 886 5312 for collection details or please read below

Fed up of not getting any post, birthday cards or waiting long times for post to arrive? Missing those sentimental birthday cards and gifts from loved ones at home.

Receive items weekly safely and securely from friends and loved ones. Order online from eBay or anywhere and get items delivered to our secure address. We will collect your item or mail and bring it to our collection point. Never miss a single item or letter. Pay to insure your item against loss or damage.

To sign up simply call us and join our membership. There are 4 collection points to choose from

How it works - it’s very simple, sign up for your membership then come to your preferred collection point to get your post every week

Make sure all your post that you would like receive from anywhere in the world has your reference and our address

or email privatepostalservice@hotmail.co.uk

Deniz1

Message Posted:
08/07/2011 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 39 in Discussion

Where are the collection points please?

Kibris

Message Posted:
08/07/2011 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 39 in Discussion

what about customs etc?

flightholiday

Message Posted:
08/07/2011 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 39 in Discussion

Symon Msg 1 - Very nice idea what about packets etc that should go through customs checks?

Dermici Msg 2 - I would want to know a lot more from a company who you will address goods, cheques personal details maybe even your passport or bankers cards through who use a hotmail address. Symon might be as honest as the day is long but do you have any control or comeback?

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
08/07/2011 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 39 in Discussion

all items are checked by customs. up to 260 euros per person of new goods can be brought over.

we simply deliver and collect, we do not need your bank details, or passports. the items are insured, tracked and registered when you send. if you loose you get paid (up to 850 euros)

what happens when you loose your mail from trnc? who has control or comeback from that?

there are 4 collection points please email for full details.

we use a hotmail account as its better for mobile emailing privatepostalservice@hotmail.co.uk

this service is to provide a hassle free service for people here.

lets be honest how many people are fed up not getting post at all, even a birthday card

£60 for 6 months membership £100 for 1 year

prices for sending and recieving can be sent when you email me

there is also a list of countries we only do as duty is paid on all items. this is not a shipping service this is merely a post courier company

metin

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 05:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 39 in Discussion

All you need is a Post Office Box......its costs 20tl a year !!!

andrew4232

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 07:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 39 in Discussion

i agree this sounds like a scam to me, either just get a PO box here or as it sounds like these people have done get a PO box on the dark side 30 euros a yr

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 08:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 39 in Discussion

Well, I didn't go to Laptata post office to see If I had mail.

Last February I had received an anniversary card from UK. Because I hadn't colllected it, the post office

sent it back to the sender.... no charge..... how's that for service?????????????

vikkicm

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 39 in Discussion

How do you go about getting a po box please?

Deniz1

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 39 in Discussion

Go into the local post office and ask!

Washerman

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 09:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 39 in Discussion

When we moved here (8 years ago) PO Boxes in the main PO in Girne were like gold dust. We managed to get one and have held onto it - 25TL per year

I don't know whether they are still in short supply or, high demand, but if I were you, I'd go in and ask.

There are also regional PO Boxes in the villages - ask in your village's Muhtar's office

elko2

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 39 in Discussion

BEWARE: It sounds like a creative scam to me. It looks as though they have a POB in the south and they can make off with anything valuable. It is obvious from the fact that they are too secretive and also avoided vital questions.

DO NOT TRUST THEM.

ismet

flamefabs

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 39 in Discussion

we've had a post box in nicosia for 3 years and had no problems receiving post whatsoever.

Annual cost is 25 Euro as i recall. Also send all our post from Nicosia post office, again without any problems.

Barry.

araneae

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 39 in Discussion

It looks as though they have a POB in the south I AGREE .

IF it smell like a scam looks like a scam it could well be a scam

Do you remember Steve and Barbara introducing all and sundrey to their friend at aga developments and their good friend Garry?

Many warned against them and were hounded and rideculed !

the rest is history.

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 39 in Discussion

why would you automatically assume this is a scam? we tried to answer questions as asked. all we are doing is offering people a hassle free service. it does not pay to scam people for packages and post etc. surely if this was a scam it would of been a bigger business like properties. i think people have been burnt so badly by things here that when anyone tries something to help its automatically considered a scam. with attitudes like this how can things improve here. the cost of getting your own po box, driving and petrol costs, insurance etc was merely taken into account and therefore a cheaper reliable service offered to all. for those that work and cannot make it to the south. you are even able to purchase insurance for your item and can track it online. £60 for 6 month membership, and the price of posting with a few euros per item to cover costs is hardly a major scam. £60 is hardly a bank breaking amount, if 100 people joined £6000 is hardly worth scamming-

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 39 in Discussion

i would understand if you used the service and didnt get your ordered items or post. you can only cheat someone once, but you can make good business for a long time. i hope people try and take a positive view, why not try it once and see. all i can say is that we did not set this up to scam £60 of people or steal goods. why not call us and ask the questions you need to or even email them to us. i have answered questions see above. the total cost to you for 6 months would be 60 pounds, plus 2 euros per kg of item recieved, and we have a sending price lists. obviously we make money as a business, but we save you the time, effort to go yourself. a pobox on the south is 60 euro for a year, if you drove thier everyweek it would cost at least 20-30 euros in petrol possibly totalling around 1000 odd euros a year. we do the whole service for £100 pounds for a year, anyway, we are trying to help people not rip them off, i hope people try to look positively at things here

Redwine

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 39 in Discussion

I have a PO box in esentepe 20ytl year and nothing gone adrift so far.

Yes I agree a scam. He says it all 60 euro a year 100 people 6000 euro or about 12000ytl not bad a scam. And have you got a work permit!! Seem as if you're English and trying to make a fast buck.

Answer this question - WHERE ARE THE PICK UP POINTS?? You haven't ansered that yet.

Redwine

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 39 in Discussion

Also does the TRNC government know you are offerring this scam (ooops sorry service)

Redwine

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 39 in Discussion

Are you a registered business in the TRNC so we can check your authenticity??

nostradamus

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 39 in Discussion

PPS-Post: I don't know you or anything about your proposed service but, what I do know is that advertising anything on this forum simply leads to a blizzard of bad mouthing and complaints from the usual candidates. Good luck but 'flogging' and 'dead' horses are words that come to mind!

A friend recently advertised high quality DVDs on here for no other reason than he thought it might be of interest to anyone who was looking for quality over the usual crap from the DVD shops. He certainly isn't expecting to make much, if any, money out of it. The raft of postings that has followed just beggars belief. In the end, like so much on Cyprus 44, the thread just deteriorated into an illiterate slanging match between several posters about completely non-relevant subjects.

I have posted, hopefully, helpful information in the past but frankly I'm sick to death of this site and will be posting no more.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 39 in Discussion

If I was in need of this service (which would feel good if you need it). Symon I do applaud you in the attempt and at what sounds a good service/idea.

My concern is that I would be having things of value sent to a person or PO Box in my name that might be of great value to scammers i.e. bank cards c/c's and the pin numbers health documents passports let alone thing s and products of personal value. Many of these things should only go directly into my hands and if diverted - not by PPS when en-route to me would still be my responsibility (cost/loss).

Tango1

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 39 in Discussion

Scam or no scam I don't know but I can say that the Postal service over the last 18 months or more has improved in leaps and bounds. We applied for a PO box 3 years ago and pay 25tl a year for the priviledge. Not as good as having post delivered to your door obviously but apart from one circular, to the best of our knowledge we've haven't lost/mislaid one single envelope in 18 months. (famous last words!!)

Tango1

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 39 in Discussion

ok, if you want any questions answered, please email me directly at privatepostalservice@hotmail.co.uk

please include your name and i will forward full company details and terms of business.

also please remember dont assume anything, it makes an ass out of you....not me!

happy to oblige anyone who has a genuine interest via email as would not get involved into a slanging match between people.

things like this take off and do well the people here only benefit.

happy days!!!!

Redwine

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 39 in Discussion

See why have we got to email you? Why not say where the pick-up points are and if you are a registered business in TRNC? MMM bit secretive you must be up to something.

flamefabs

Message Posted:
09/07/2011 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 39 in Discussion

do you have a web site you can direct us to ?

negativenick

Message Posted:
10/07/2011 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 39 in Discussion

hot mail e mail address, eh.............

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
10/07/2011 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 39 in Discussion

like i said email for full details and terms of business, if you are serious instead of posting messages that can ruin good things before they started.

good day

elko2

Message Posted:
11/07/2011 01:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 39 in Discussion

PPS,

If you really mean business, let us look at these simple points:

1. What happens if the parcel sent to TRNC through you is subject to Customs Duty? What will be the arrangements for such an occasion?

2. What happens if you run away with some valuable goods sent through the post? What is the security you offer people who are willing to use your services?

You really have to answer these questions openly if you have good intentions and not give us the usual "send me a private e.mail" response.

ismet

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
11/07/2011 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 39 in Discussion

all post is tracked online , registered and insured up to 850 euros when sending. when recieving its up to the sender to do the same and give you tracking details.

trnc allows 260 euros of goods per person to come from south to north without any extra duty paid

if we ran away, which i might add are not so desperate to run away with goods, as long as they are tracked insured and registered you have no problem. people could send special delivery from uk to cyprus (south)

does this answer your question- we are not a post office, we just save people time and effort who work and cant get to go and collect and send post- its a service. we wouldnt want to rip people off, we just want to make a difference and offer something great.

regards

elko2

Message Posted:
11/07/2011 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 39 in Discussion

PPS,

Thanks for the reply but a few points to clear:

1. Surely any insurance is against loss in the postal system. Once you get them surely the responsibility of the insurance company ends. So, just for arguments sake, if you run away with any valuables, will the insurance cover them? Obviously not.

2. You talk about customs when crossing from south to north but I was really talking about customs when entering south Cyprus from abroad, i.e. from China. If I am sent a packet from China and it is subject to Customs duty say at Larnaca airport, how will you deal with it?

ismet

negativenick

Message Posted:
11/07/2011 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 39 in Discussion

sounds like a load of hogwash to me.....

get a po box in the south - sorted.

Scoty

Message Posted:
11/07/2011 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 39 in Discussion

Message 29 of 31 in Discussion

trnc allows 260 euros of goods per person to come from south to north without any extra duty paid

Was my understanding that it was around 138 euros per person?

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
11/07/2011 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 39 in Discussion

As a lot of packages are not sent directly to your P.O. Box, but you get a note saying you have to go to Girne Post office, Customs dept, how would that work? Identification generally is asked for and the packet/parcel has to be opened in front of the customs officer.

stjames

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 39 in Discussion

no it has changed they put a big sign up on the border,

we open the packages to check we bring them, we have an business account. they know we are recieving parcels for or business. anythingillegal is taken by them and the reciever is prosecuted

why not give it a go for 6 months if its not for you then dont resubscribe

but really fed up explaining myself to people who havent even used us and think they know everything about it all

and i bet you any money this time next year alot of people will will be so happy with this service

good bye over and out not responding anymore, you will miss out

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 00:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 39 in Discussion

look its simple read below elko 2

1. Surely any insurance is against loss in the postal system. Once you get them surely the responsibility of the insurance company ends. So, just for arguments sake, if you run away with any valuables, will the insurance cover them? Obviously not.

so you are suggesting i am thief who set up a business to steal from you, did you get robbed by bad builders aswell, if i was gonna steal it wouldnt be a mere sixty quid and a set o false teeth you ordered from ebay mate

what you ordering a car? a boat,

2. You talk about customs when crossing from south to north but I was really talking about customs when entering south Cyprus from abroad, i.e. from China. If I am sent a packet from China and it is subject to Customs duty say at Larnaca airport, how will you deal with it?

and answer to this question we have countries that we are only allowed to send and recieve from, these are the regulations of the eu, being in the eu has made it better,

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 00:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 39 in Discussion

you can only get a po box in the south if you have an address there.

we dont want valuable items sent or delivered until you trust us

we dont want passports, we dont want bank cards, you cant open a bank account with our address

its for letters and cards, pictures, ebay toys or clothes, just the simple things in life, we dont want gold or anything valuable. ALL WE ARE DOING IS TRYING TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER IN TRNC BY PROVIDING A DELIVERY SERVICE FOR THE BIRTHDAY CARD THAT YOU MOANED ABOUT THAT YOU NEVER HAD FOR A YEARS, WHICH I KEEP HEARING EVERYHWERE I GO. ITS 60 FREAKING QUID, NOT 60,000

WHEN ITS XMAS AND YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY BY ORDERING OF EBAY, I WILL REMEMBER YOU AND YOU WONT GET AN ACCOUNT

you say i am secretive hardly any of you even bother to put apic or say your real name.

i have put hotmail as it comes to my nokia, and ontop of that you got the facebook account

anyway enjoy your moaning on here and never improve the system you so much love yet moan about all day

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 39 in Discussion

is there any more negative questions before you people actually realise that someone decided to get off thier ass and offer something to the people to stop the moaning or stealing from post in girne, when i am out i hear oh the post is so bad, but you all right like its better than royal mail.

all we do is have a business in the south that has a pobox, we allow people to pay 60 quid to use it for six months, we then bring you your post to you, letter and cards free. the cost of you doing this is 30 euro for 6 moths, plus insurance for one month 25 euro, then petrol

so it would amount to over 60 quid, we go everyweek so you get 24 chances to get your post from 4 points

if you did this yourself it would be 300 euro if you had free letters and card recieved, you must pay for sending based on eu guidlines to countries that are withing customs policy, if you bothered to email you would of known this.....any bad publicity is still publicity and i will sign you up and u will see its

flamefabs

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 05:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 39 in Discussion

you are beginning to sound like a stuck record.

PPS-Post

Message Posted:
12/07/2011 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 39 in Discussion

people dont read the first message properly and continue to ask the same questions over again.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.